Is anyone really pro abortion as opposed to pro choice?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 8:33 pm

What someone who was truly pro-abortion would say:

"Forget condoms. Forget birth control. If you get (someone) pregnant just get an abortion/encourage the person you got pregnant to get an abortion."

Never known someone who truly said they were pro-abortion.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 8:42 pm

I suspect members of the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement might feel that way.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 9:29 pm

I'm not against abortion but I don't view it the way that the OP just described.

People seem to be under the impression that every woman who gets an abortion is an amoral slut who wants to murder her unborn children so that she can go out and have all the evil sex she wants. :roll:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2018, 11:17 pm

I'm staunchly Pro-Life and I'm against all abortion, especially the abortion of babies with disabilities.

Deemar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Nov 2018, 12:42 am

Not everyone that is supportive of choice is completely reckless and uses a vacuum as some sort of primary birth control.
Just because someone supports defending their home from robbers doesn't mean they're going to leave it completely unlocked with signs outside to come on in.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Nov 2018, 12:54 am

My mother should have aborted me. As it is, she brought me into a world where she could not feed me, clothe me, defend me, keep me safe. Life in itself is not a gift. I don't think anybody can decide for another. I'm pro-choice.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 12:59 pm

Abortions are painful, abortions are a pain to get, I am sure women out there would enjoy getting pregnant and getting abortions. :roll:

Yes I am pro choice and I think it's a personal decision for someone to make. Some women can't carry a child, some women are raped and not all of them can live everyday of their life for nine months being reminded of that day, birth control fails sometimes, sometimes the fetus is sick and so severely deformed and has no way of living outside the mother's womb so the woman decides to just end it early and try again later when she is ready. This is a rare case but it has happened and my mom had a patient with that problem and it was a very hard decision for her and her husband to make and they made that choice alone together. That was the only time when the hospital had ever done a late term abortion. They didn't abort fetuses that were that far along but this was an exception.

And I don't understand why people even bother to have children if they don' want them. Instead they have their child and then abuse them or don't put them up for an adoption or just simply let their child go live with someone else. If their reason for not getting an abortion is because of their reputation and they want to make themselves look good, then they are a selfish narcissist. And the fact there are so many unwanted children in the world and the fact kids who grow up without any parents end up being f****d up as adults. If everyone had an abortion, this would not be a problem in other countries and staff wouldn't be so overwhelmed trying to care for all these children in the orphanage. And the fact it's so hard for an older child to be adopted because everyone wants a baby, no one wants to adopt a ten year old who has been in a abusive home and has been in foster care since the age of 5. Just imagine how many problems that child would have. No one wants to deal with a broken child when they have a choice.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 1:06 pm

I'm an Antinatalist so yeah I am pro abortion I believe you don't have the moral right to bring an innocent person into the world without their consent.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 3:13 pm

actually, I think Japan has basically decided to go this way...
I watched a Yale lecture series on demographics on you4ube, and apparently, for some reasons, Japanese culture hasn't developed a decidedly negative attitude towards abortion as a means of birth control, resulting in a unusually high rate there.
everywhere else, it seems, the rate is roughly the same, indepent of whether it's legal or illegal. The only difference that legality makes is for the women's health - in countries where it's illegal, abortion is a very risky endeavour, and in countries where it's legal it's a very safe procedure, as far as operations go.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2018, 4:27 pm

I am pro-choice.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Nov 2018, 5:00 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
I'm an Antinatalist so yeah I am pro abortion I believe you don't have the moral right to bring an innocent person into the world without their consent.

How do you get consent?

Let me tell you about my birds. They had 2 hatchlings. But during that time, in my research, I discovered that the cockatiel hen cannot become fertile unless she has a good mate, a good nest, plenty of food, and good climate.

Repeat! cannot become fertile without good mate, home, food, climate.

Why did not the Creator extend this favour to humans????

And before you ask, yes, they have a sex life anyway. Just no fertility.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2018, 4:29 am

Daniel89 wrote:

There's no way of getting their consent, so that's just silly. The logical conclusion of your perspective is wiping out the entire human race just because some people may have preferred not being born. And if those people think their life is really that bad, it's not like they can't end it. Not that I'd encourage that, but you're not stuck on this earth forever. You can pretty much exit at any time.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2018, 7:34 pm

I identify as pro-life, personally, although I consider myself a practical pro-life. Rather than approaching my position from a point of condemnation, I believe in trying to encourage alternatives to abortion, and offering support where needed. My church does an annual donation to an organization that offers such support, and I usually participate. I think abortion is a really sad thing, but judging someone for it isn't going to solve the problem, especially since those who do it most likely aren't doing it because they're bad people but because they feel as though they're literally screwed if they have a kid.

While we're on the subject, I think it's also sad that women alone get judged for such a decision when in many cases the guy involved wasn't man enough to face the situation they created together. If I were the guy I wouldn't scram, and if I did, I would acknowledge that I forfeit any right to judge my other half for whatever she decided.

At the end of the day, I'm firmly pro-life and certainly don't believe abortion should be anything but a last resort, but it's for that reason that I believe in services that offer alternatives.

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2018, 9:09 am

NewTime wrote:
What someone who was truly pro-abortion would say:

"Forget condoms. Forget birth control. If you get (someone) pregnant just get an abortion/encourage the person you got pregnant to get an abortion."

Never known someone who truly said they were pro-abortion.

Yeah I don't know who would actually do that..maybe the really insane people since like League_Girl said abortions are a difficult thing to go through.

I think it's better to abort than to put the child up for adoption but that is strictly up to the woman so I'm definitely just pro-choice.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2018, 8:09 pm

Only when I feel really depressed do I become anti-choice and pro-mandatory abortion.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2018, 8:15 pm

I'm pro choice.

I am also anti natalist for myself - I believe it's immoral to force someone into existence but I accept that people have different views on the matter and are not inherently bad people for wanting to have kids. I also understand why it's not a popular point of view. Seeing the overpopulation problem and number or orphaned children I also think adoption is a much more compassionate course of action. The desire to reproduce is perfectly natural though and I applaud people who are fully focused on being great, attentive parents.