Donald Trump In Support Of Autism Awareness Day

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 9:37 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
He's not autistic, he's a megalomaniac. An autistic person would not be able to brainwash an entire country into supporting their agenda the way Trump has.
I respectfully disagree. He's a narcissist. A megalomaniac would have already imposed martial law and sent troops to the West Coast to round up all of the liberals and send them to re-education camps (or "the showers"). As for Narcissists...

Psychology Today wrote:
What Is Narcissism?

Narcissists cut a wide, swashbuckling figure through the world. The most benign type may be the charismatic leader with an excess of charm, whose only vice may be an inflated amour-propre. In stark contrast are individuals with narcissistic personality disorder, whose grandiosity soars to such heights that they are easily angered when they don't receive the attention and admiration that they consider their birthright. Bona fide narcissists may also have a tendency to disregard other people's feelings and take advantage of others to get what they want. As with many characteristics, narcissism can be viewed as a spectrum: Some people are lower on the trait and others higher, with many landing in the middle. Out-and-out narcissists exhibit the highest levels of self-flattery.[/b]

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 9:40 am

Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
He's not autistic, he's a megalomaniac. An autistic person would not be able to brainwash an entire country into supporting their agenda the way Trump has.
I respectfully disagree. He's a narcissist. A megalomaniac would have already imposed martial law and sent troops to the West Coast to round up all of the liberals and send them to re-education camps (or "the showers"). As for Narcissists...

Psychology Today wrote:
What Is Narcissism?

Narcissists cut a wide, swashbuckling figure through the world. The most benign type may be the charismatic leader with an excess of charm, whose only vice may be an inflated amour-propre. In stark contrast are individuals with narcissistic personality disorder, whose grandiosity soars to such heights that they are easily angered when they don't receive the attention and admiration that they consider their birthright. Bona fide narcissists may also have a tendency to disregard other people's feelings and take advantage of others to get what they want. As with many characteristics, narcissism can be viewed as a spectrum: Some people are lower on the trait and others higher, with many landing in the middle. Out-and-out narcissists exhibit the highest levels of self-flattery.[/b]

I know what a narcissist is, and I agree he is one, and maybe he hasn't done enough damage to reach the level of megalomaniac... yet.

But you know just as well as I do that he would do all those things if he could.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 9:50 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Psychology Today wrote:
What Is Narcissism?

I know what a narcissist is, and I agree he is one, and maybe he hasn't done enough damage to reach the level of megalomaniac... yet. But you know just as well as I do that he would do all those things if he could.
Then maybe he's both. It wouldn't surprise me.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 9:54 am

Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Psychology Today wrote:
What Is Narcissism?

I know what a narcissist is, and I agree he is one, and maybe he hasn't done enough damage to reach the level of megalomaniac... yet. But you know just as well as I do that he would do all those things if he could.
Then maybe he's both. It wouldn't surprise me.

I think a megalomaniac is basically a narcissist who is obsessed with power. That's how I would define it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 9:54 am

Wouldn't you agree that there's at least a moderate correlation between narcissism and megalomania?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 9:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Wouldn't you agree that there's at least a moderate correlation between narcissism and megalomania?

Yup I would. :)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 10:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
A Venn diagram would likely show an overlap of symptoms, but not necessarily a co-morbid state.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 10:33 am

SocOfAutism wrote:
Autism and many other things (allergies, ADHD, freckles) do tend to show up around the same time as all those vaccines like the MMR. Who is to say one doesn’t cause the other, but likely it’s a coincidence. I don’t blame people for wondering. It really is harder to be an autistic person in the world than a non-autistic person. It’s also harder to be smarter, and more handsome. It doesn’t have to be negative, but it’s not always an easy road.

I want to point out that the word “awareness” is used. Which I like a lot.

And I agree, the president does blurt out things sometimes. I do that myself and I am not autistic. We all make social goofs.

Please don't promote anti-vaxx nonsense here. Vaccines don't cause autism--we are to say, because we know that already. It's established science.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 10:57 am

Considering he wants to cut benefits like EBT, medicaid and SSI, which a lot of autistics use...I don't see him doing a whole lot for autistic people.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 11:00 am

"Light it up blue" doesn't support autistic people as a rule.
And Trump is a known anti-vaxxer

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 11:02 am

If I ever lose my disability benefits because of him my nightmare of becoming homeless after my mom passes away might actually come true. :shrug:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 3:26 pm

eilishbillie987 wrote:
so what are the causes of autism

Aint vaccines, that's for sure. Most likely, it's genetic. While my dad had lived and died without ever being diagnosed, I believe he was also on the high functioning end of the autistic spectrum. As he was born in rural eastern Washington in 1921, which was only a decade or two removed from the old west, he had never been vaccinated for anything, and yet was probably autistic.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 3:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
eilishbillie987 wrote:

Aint vaccines, that's for sure. Most likely, it's genetic. While my dad had lived and died without ever being diagnosed, I believe he was also on the high functioning end of the autistic spectrum. As he was born in rural eastern Washington in 1921, which was only a decade or two removed from the old west, he had never been vaccinated for anything, and yet was probably autistic.

Combination of genetic and epigenetic factors. Vaccines have never been linked to the epigenetics and actually prevent some epigenetic factors (childhood diseases for one). I was born several weeks premature which is an increased risk factor for autism.

They've never been diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure my Mother, and her Father are both autistic.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 3:58 pm

Antrax wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
eilishbillie987 wrote:

Combination of genetic and epigenetic factors. Vaccines have never been linked to the epigenetics and actually prevent some epigenetic factors (childhood diseases for one). I was born several weeks premature which is an increased risk factor for autism.

They've never been diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure my Mother, and her Father are both autistic.

I'm pretty sure my mom was, too.

eilishbillie987
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2019, 2:05 am

i think deep down trump knows he doesnt understand every aspect about this country .. hes learning while governing, governing while learning .. same with ocasio whos been more frank about it, well something went wrong with this country common folks finally got a chance to mock our leaders to reclaim the long nonexistent equality.. "haha it failed so u dont understand either! lemme contribute my fair piece". its easier to talk about it here tho its different when ur really managing a 3 hundred million people country at this point of time.. a demographics of diversity may well mean a diversity of will, everyone seems like they have a will of their own, trying to decide where and with whom they stand with on a myriad of issues all entangled together streched apart.. its a daunting picture when 3 hundred million ppl each having a will of their own and 7 billion ppl across the globe each having a will of their own.. i personally no longer understand this country.. most people hang out with their alikes .. believing what they want to believe.. the establishment are more like free market liberalism capitalism is better thats why we are better! theyve been out of touch for so long even buffett seems to be struggling with this ever changing world.. the establishment instead of getting to know why the constitution was written this way and how to accomodate it to an ever changing world (which are what amendments for), the establishment tried to bypass the constitution and somehow acted above it.. thats why the country and the world end up being like this.. yet they praise the constitution in a superstitious way again thats why they are better!, yet they despise it when it stands in their way against promoting their agenda. weird. idk what im talking about. hopefully we will see some effective outcome out of it until it goes into hands of the establishment again and becomes just another vanity project.. whatever pleases everyone idk. like literally lol idk . stream billie eilish on spotify.

Last edited by eilishbillie987 on 06 Apr 2019, 2:30 am, edited 6 times in total.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 2:07 am

8O

How the f**k am I going to supposed to respond to this next week?

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: