Preparing for election, post election riots

Page 3 of 19 [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 10:20 pm

Arrests made after attempts to hijack peaceful protests by setting fires in NYC

Quote:
Despite no reports of unrest across NYC on Election Day, several arrests were made Wednesday night as individuals set fires and clashed with police.

A couple hundred demonstrators took to the streets of Manhattan earlier on Wednesday to support "Count Every Vote." NewsCopter 7 was overhead as the people marched down 5th Avenue "in celebration of justice, fairness and democracy."

The rally dispersed peacefully, but about an hour later, there were reports of unrest and clashing with police near Leroy Street and 7th Ave in Greenwich Village.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 10:40 pm

I'm not American so I am coming at this from a completely foreign point of view, but it seems to me that a lot of Americans just do not take loosing well, when it comes to elections, and are just being 'sore losers', as the expression goes. But is it hard to loose gracefully, with dignity, and just be a good sport about it, since elections are still better than a non-election system?

I don't mean to sound judgemental when I use the term 'sore losers', but I just don't understand why so many people have to be so so sore over it?

Randomosity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Nov 2020, 10:52 pm

ironpony wrote:
I'm not American so I am coming at this from a completely foreign point of view, but it seems to me that a lot of Americans just do not take loosing well, when it comes to elections, and are just being 'sore losers', as the expression goes. But is it hard to loose gracefully, with dignity, and just be a good sport about it, since elections are still better than a non-election system?

I don't mean to sound judgemental when I use the term 'sore losers', but I just don't understand why so many people have to be so so sore over it?

Trust between our two major parties has broken down so much that people see their party as the only one that will keep the country functioning. Or at least something along those lines.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 11:18 pm

Oh okay, but what caused this break of trust to happen though?

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 11:24 pm

Those who make the biggest fuss stand out a lot. Which tends to make those who aren't as picky seem invisible. I think the country and the world will be alright with either man. They both have pros and cons. But it's the zealots who have such a one sided view of things that stand out the most, even though they are probably, hopefully, the minority.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 11:28 pm

Oh okay... Well from my perception it seems that the way the media people on social media are spinning is that a lot of Americans believe one candidate to be the devil himself, and the other to be Jesus Christ, or it's flipped in the other parties eyes. But are these two men so opposite that people can actually see them as such?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 12:25 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Those who make the biggest fuss stand out a lot.

One problem has been that "those who make the biggest fuss" include Trump himself. No other president, at least within my lifetime, has ever whined or hurled schoolyardish insults the way Trump routinely does. All other presidents have had a much more dignified demeanor and have been much more willing to compromise and seek unity.

Trump's manner, plus his endless lies, his sleazy personal history, and his total lack of government experience before running for president, are among the many reasons why the opposition to him has been so fierce.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 05 Nov 2020, 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 12:31 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

In the quote you gave from that article, either you left out the following crucial detail or it was added later:

Quote:
DC police spokesman Lt. Ralph Neal initially told local media that the suspects were members of Black Lives Matter — which the group’s DC-branch called “a LIE!”

The protest group had “nothing to do with these stabbings,” BLM DC tweeted. “Shame on [Chief of Police Peter Newsham] and [DC Police] for sharing false information,” the group said.

The force changed its account and told WUSA9 that it could no longer confirm the suspects were affiliated to BLM, the station said.

A press release later also stressed that officers “cannot verify any specific affiliation of the suspects.”

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 1:21 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
No other president, at least within my lifetime, has ever whined or hurled schoolyardish insults the way Trump routinely does. All other presidents have had a much more dignified demeanor and have been much more willing to compromise and seek unity.

Trump's manner, plus his endless lies, his sleazy personal history, and his total lack of government experience before running for president, are among the many reasons why the opposition to him has been so fierce.

Even after all that's happened, climate disaster, COVID-19 250,000 dead Americans, all his misogyny, racism etc there's still 48% of American voters (even higher than the 46.1% who voted for him in 2016) who are still voting for him.

Therein lies the biggest problem. It was never Trump he is a symptom not the disease. To diagnose the problem ask why do so many people still keep voting for him??

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 1:52 am

Back to the thread

As predicted....MAGAs creating carnage in NY, set a fire in the street and one even spat directly in the face of an officer.

Earlier “Count The Vote” chants were replaced with anti-police sentiments, inexplicable outbursts at outdoor diners and the setting of rubbish fires.
The confrontations resulted in the arrests of 60 people

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 2:04 am

Trump supporters gathering in Pheonix and Las Vegas as riot police called as more MAGAs arrested
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 158310002/

Armed MAGA arrested in North Carolina
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... ling-place

MAGAs gone wild...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 2:33 am

cyberdad wrote:
Back to the thread

As predicted....MAGAs creating carnage in NY, set a fire in the street and one even spat directly in the face of an officer.

Earlier “Count The Vote” chants were replaced with anti-police sentiments, inexplicable outbursts at outdoor diners and the setting of rubbish fires.

Trump is suing in several states to stop counting ballots mailed in after the deadline because mail-in votes are more for Biden. The MAGA's in Pheonix, Las Vegas, and Detroit are trying to intimidate workers trying to count ballots. Thus "Count the Vote'" demonstrations are anti-MAGA.

New York

Portland

Pheonix MAGA's

So far what I have seen is nothing resembling the riots that convulsed the country after the killing of George Floyd. It is mostly police expecting riots.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 05 Nov 2020, 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 3:16 am

Chaos erupts at TCF Center as Republican vote challengers cry foul in Detroit, Detroit Free Press, Nov. 4, 2020.

An example of fanatical Trump supporters trying to intimidate vote counters.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 05 Nov 2020, 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 4:10 am

cyberdad wrote:
Back to the thread

Let's see: "MAGAs", as you refer to anyone who doesn't share your opinions, are trying to stop the vote counting (except in Arizona and Nevada, both on the opposite side of the country to the reported events), with the left being the ones who wish it to continue...

So, to look at your "evidence" of "MAGAs" creating carnage:
cyberdad wrote:

So, for some inconceivable reason, you expect people to falsely interpret the left's calls of "count the vote" and abuse of police (another calling-card of certain portions of the left) along with the associated rioting as being caused by the "right".

Strangely enough, the woman who spat at the police office had just finished a common "left" style diatribe, including referring to the police officer as a fascist.
https://rumble.com/vaxxvn-peaceful-protester-spits-in-officers-face-gets-hit-with-instant-karma.html?mref=22lbp&mc=56yab

But then again, I have noticed a common pattern where the facts tend to be diametrically opposed to what is stated in all these anti-"MAGA" rants of late.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 5:32 am

We know who is causing the protests and intimidating staff in polling booths accusing them of fraudulent counting
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... s-election

Happening all over the country Bric

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 5:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
Back to the thread

Disappointing to see those scenes but not unexpected at all