Taimaat wrote:
Is it too late to join in?

Please do. the more data the better.

calandale wrote:
Some of us have a particular foe
in technology. Probably would
block me. Even if a mere image
were enough on it's own.

The methods of Sigil casting can be as broad as you imagination can take you, once you understand basic theory... 'tis very flexible and adaptable method.

BeyondInfinity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2007, 10:28 am

The Magical Trance /Activating a Sigil (adapted from Frater U.D. Pracical Sigil Magic )

To activate a Sigil, one must fire it into the deep mind/subconcious. This is done by entering a state of Gnosis:

Gnosis is a condition of onepointed consciousness wherein awareness is emptied of all save the object of concentration; where will is given both intentionality and vector. The main routes to Gnosis are threefold: Excitatory-anything which stimulates the BodyMind, such as dancing, drumming, hyperventilation or sexual arousal; Inhibitory-anything which stills the BodyMind, such as passive meditation, slow chanting, hypnotic agents, or slow breathing; and Indifferent Vacuity-a state of no-mind, or Non-Disinterest, where the object of desire flickers briefly in a mind emptied of all content-no emotional attachment to the desire

Methods of Gnosis (Excitatory/Inhibitory):

Excitatory
Recommendation for a lightning-charging (for people who are always in a hurry) simple and a favorite :wink:

Having finished the sigil with much effort, go to bed with it. Masturbate and, during sexual climax, concentrate on the graphic sigil. If you have a well-trained imagination, you might as well visualize the sigil, but beginners are advised to stare at the glyph with widely opened eyes. It is crucial that you place the sigil in front of your eyes during orgasm.
DO NOT THINK OF YOUR SENTENCE OF DESIRE
OR THE CONTENTS OF YOUR SIGIL AT THIS
MOMENT!

Inhibitory
DEATH POSTURE
The death posture is NOT suitable for persons who suffer from heart condition, ailments of the lung or high blood pressure.

This may be performed both in a standing or a sitting position. For your first attempts, I recommend sitting before a table on which you have placed the sigil. After a deep breath, block your eyes, ears, mouth and nose, using the fingers of both hands. Concentrate on the internal tension in your body (do not think of the sigil or its aim!), and hold your breath until you cannot bear it any longer. Continue holding your breath until you truly cannot bear it anymore. Then you should still hold your breath until you cannot bear it at all any longer. Then, shortly before reaching the point of fainting, open wide our eyes and stare—while breathing in and out fresh air—at the sigil. If you do this correctly, you will find yourself in a state of almost panic-stricken no-mind—a form of magical trance where your unconscious is more responsive to and more receptive for sigils.

Banishing the Sigil

After the Sigil is fired, you will have to banish the Sigil. The best method of banishing is roaring laughter. It does not matter if this may seem a bit artificial; if you can think of good joke now, even better. Immediately after banishing by laughter, think of something completely different. The easiest way of achieving this is by switching on the TV, dialing the talking clock, listening to the latest lottery results, jumping up and down on one leg. The point is to get your mind concentrating on something completely different, the more secular the better.

THE FASTER YOU FORGET THE SIGIL, THE MORE EFFECTIVE THE OPERATION.

As with talismans, amulets and magical rituals in general, the intent to forget a desire or magical operation is one of the greatest tasks for a magician if s/he wants to experience success quickly. Experience with meditation and thought control will certainly pay off now. You may have heard the story of the man who came to his guru and asked him what to do to become enlightened. “Nothing,” the guru answered “Just go on living as you did before. Oh, yes, there is one thing, though: avoid thinking of the monkey.” Very pleased, the man thanked his guru and returned home. But while on his way home, his thoughts began circling remorselessly: “I must not think of the monkey, I must not think of the monkey...”

Why forgetting a sigil is of such prime importance in this form of magic will be illustrated later when we take a look at possible explanation models for this magical method. After having activated/internalized a sigil, you should not think of the glyph itself nor of its content. Since most people have a rather bad memory for complicated symbols and glyphs (painters, graphic artists and others who are particularly visually gifted or working in this field excepted), forgetting the sigil itself won’t present too much of a problem, unless the glyph’s design is too simple. (To forget a square or triangle could prove rather difficult.) Forget the contents of the sigil and the sentence of desire. If sigils or sentences of desire unexpectedly pop up into consciousness, recharge and banish them again. Most of the time it’s enough to simply distract your attention from the “monkey” by laughter, for example.

As to awaiting the success of the operation, don’t do it! This is also the best way of making sure that you will forget about it. If this is too extreme for you and if you have problems with forgetting, try to counter this with that state of consciousness which Spare termed the “Neither/Neither.” Ray Sherwin tags it “Nonattachment/Non-disinterest,” or, more precisely, “positive Non-desire.” This again is more a question of practice and self-discipline than of technique.

There is yet one other technique for forgetting a sigil, namely getting used to it until you no longer perceive it consciously. You may be familiar with this principle from personal experience. You decide to do something special every day and, therefore, you hang a note in a prominent place as a reminder. For a few days this will work all right until you get so accustomed to the note that it does not serve as a reminder, so you finally end up where you began. You just don’t see the note and its message anymore. This may even become an unconscious act of sigil magic achieving the desired success. More likely, however, the whole procedure was nothing but well intentioned amateur work. Now we may use the same technique with sigils by employing this very pattern of behavior or perception. After charging the sigil, you place it in a prominent position until you are no longer consciously aware of it. As mentioned previously, you may also engrave the glyph on the outer side of a ring or into a metal plate as a talisman, etc.

BeyondInfinity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2007, 12:15 am

Is the game afoot? or is a foot a game? :jester:

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2007, 1:25 am

ok, maybe this is a dumb question, but how are we supposed to objectively guage whether this has worked or not? Do you have a reliable method of empirically measuring self-confidence?

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2007, 6:44 am

Does it much matter?

We can take what we shall from
it, much as one does from the
mass.

BeyondInfinity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2007, 2:04 pm

Nail on the head calandale. But don't be suprised if a few weeks, after you forget this experiment, you find yourself flirting with that cute boy/girl/armadillo that you've had your eye on, but had no guts to approach. Or telling your Dad your feelings that you've suppressed about his patrilineal BS. or making better eye contact with strangers, or walking in an assertive manner ect...

Coyote27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2007, 9:39 pm

I think it's working... :D

Coyote27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2007, 10:05 pm

Would anyone like to share their effectiveness reports?

BeyondInfinity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2007, 12:22 am

I came up with an amazing idea, and its something I think I have the guts to do. I also quit my 2nd job to spend more time writing. I havent been quite as abrasive with people. Think i'm walking taller (it really seemed so a day or two ago, I seriously felt a couplea inches taller). seems like a positive development...

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2007, 12:32 am

I've pretty much curled into
a ball, and done nothing, since
then - except for postwhoring.

Oh, but the confidence thing
kinda worked. Ended up getting
thrown out of a bar for molesting
the ladies. :P

Guess it was too strong.

BeyondInfinity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2007, 1:04 am

sweet calandale, wish my results were so drastic 8) The best thing about getting results is how they manifest, and how you react to the manifestation. Sometimes getting what you wanted doesent work best: and its back to the drawing board. our next expirement can be for a loss of confidence :mrgreen: