Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 9:10 am

Also I'll volunteer why I'm into crypto at the personal level - it seems like one of the few places left where competence matters (simple 'win or lose') and where competence isn't immediately overruled by popularity, height, or status. What I mean - if I do well at work there's no guarantee of a raise or advancement (I'm one of those mid 40's white collar professionals who lives with his parents because he doesn't make enough money to meaningfully live on his own) and I'm at a small company, the big ones with HR and head quarters are even more like this (add needing DEI classes).

So far I haven't had any exchanges tell me 'The gains you made were perfectly legal but we did some research and found out that you were unpopular in high school or the girls found you weird / non-conformant so you have to return your gains to the exchange otherwise we're forced to take you to court'. If there's any chance that I can make my way without needing to perpetually lick boots and rim or completely sell myself out to conform for conformity's sake (pass shibboleth) I'm jumping on it.

bsickler
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Oct 2024, 9:55 pm

So, I read everything you wrote, and I think we have some pretty fundamental disagreements that aren’t going to get resolved here.

I’m just going to end up repeating myself, as you’re not really touching on the core of my statement- most of what you’re saying is beside the point (eg, saying that “technology is pointless”- I never said that) or some word salad of talking points that doesn’t actually address what I said (probably because what I said isn’t a well known talking point, it’s a statement I came up with myself).

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 10:39 pm

You seem to be saying that the state is the ultimate power, and you're saying it with a kind of conviction that suggests that because the state is so supreme that it'll suck everything in like a funnel and nothing can meaningfully escape it.

I personally don't know where you get that and maybe that's what we'd need to talk about, albeit maybe not abusing this thread to get that done.