Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 11:59 pm

Finally, peaceful muslims reject violent ones.

Pakistan will not take back the dead, and India will not bury them in muslim graveyards.

"If they are buried without leaving any trace, then it is fine with us. "

"Good Muslims are laid to rest in our burial grounds. We do not believe that these nine men are true followers of Islam."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8370017.stm

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 3:15 am

Good Muslim? Good Christian? Good Jew? Good Hindu?

These are the people who are willing to live good lives according to their holy books.

Bad Muslim, Christian, Hindu Jew?

These are the ones who say "you don't believe exactly what I do so I must either force you to believe or kill you.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 3:20 am

< Good witch

TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 3:39 am

by what morality are we assessing the actions of muslims? I'm assuming you mean neo-wahabbi terrorists not the unnecessarily overarching term 'Muslim', a term which has become one of racist abuse with disturbing alacrity.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 6:48 am

TitusLucretiusCarus wrote:
by what morality are we assessing the actions of muslims? I'm assuming you mean neo-wahabbi terrorists not the unnecessarily overarching term 'Muslim', a term which has become one of racist abuse with disturbing alacrity.

A Muslim is one who as sincerely declared that God is God and Mohammed is His Messenger (implicitly accepting the Q'ran absoltely as the word of God and the valid Hadiths as the truth about the Messenger).

Once a person has absorbed all the memes in the Q'ran and the Hadiths into his mind he has become a Muslim and a ticking bomb (or I.E.D.). It is only a matter of time before he goes BOOM (if he lives long enough).

ruveyn

TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 9:56 am

yes, and all christians ride horses wearing bedsheets crucifying africans and burning witches. Absurd.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 2:52 pm

yes, and all christians ride horses wearing bedsheets crucifying africans and burning witches. Absurd.

Only Southern Baptists do that.

ruveyn

TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 3:52 pm

Quote:

I can only hope that you haven't actually missed the point I was trying to make.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 4:53 pm

Quote:

I can only hope that you haven't actually missed the point I was trying to make.

Of course I have. This is a forum for Auties and Aspies, after all. If you have a point then make it so explicit that it cannot be misunderstood. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

ruveyn

TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 5:25 pm

i apologise. in brief - ruyven: once an individual absorbs the teachings of islam he a 'ticking time bomb' of violence and hatred (generalisation, drawn from the actions of neo-wahabi terrorists)
titus: yes, and all christians are murderously violent, superstitious, racists. (equally valid generalisation - that is not valid at all - drawn from the behaviour of southern baptists) *edit: there may be reason to add the institution of the Catholic Church to that as well, given their history of anti-semitism, crusades and inquisitions.

showman616
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Nov 2009, 8:11 pm

All muslims are ticking time bombs.
Like the shooter in texas who killed 13 people.

you're talking about one point two billion people- then number muslims in the world.

One fifth the human race.

One fifth multiplied by 13 equals...

Why hasnt the whole human race died out a long time ago?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2009, 11:14 am

i apologise. in brief - ruyven: once an individual absorbs the teachings of islam he a 'ticking time bomb' of violence and hatred (generalisation, drawn from the actions of neo-wahabi terrorists)
titus: yes, and all christians are murderously violent, superstitious, racists. (equally valid generalisation - that is not valid at all - drawn from the behaviour of southern baptists) *edit: there may be reason to add the institution of the Catholic Church to that as well, given their history of anti-semitism, crusades and inquisitions.

Not really. Mainstream (non-Fundmentalist) Christianity has been pounded and tenderized so it conforms with the secular order. Judaism was beaten bloody for over 1500 years. A lot of Jews died in the pounding. Jews had to figure out how to survive in strange countries that were not theirs. The Rabbis came up with the answer: dinat malachutah din. The law of the Domain is the Law. Jews are obliged to conform to the laws of whatever country they happen to live in. Muslims, on the other hand, want to impose Shariah as soon as they have the strength and power to do.

Al Islam is yet to be de-toxified.

ruveyn

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2009, 11:53 am

There is something really silly about this. Yes I get they are trying to distance themselves from the attack.

The group that attacked India was created by none other then the ISI (Pakistani Secret Service) in the 80's.

Now Pakistan is finally taking seriously the problem in their country. So I don't get why they can’t take the bodies and bury them somewhere. Either way, the bodies need to be disposed of.

TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2009, 1:46 pm

Quote:
Not really. Mainstream (non-Fundmentalist) Christianity has been pounded and tenderized so it conforms with the secular order. Judaism was beaten bloody for over 1500 years. A lot of Jews died in the pounding. Jews had to figure out how to survive in strange countries that were not theirs. The Rabbis came up with the answer: dinat malachutah din. The law of the Domain is the Law. Jews are obliged to conform to the laws of whatever country they happen to live in. Muslims, on the other hand, want to impose Shariah as soon as they have the strength and power to do.

Al Islam is yet to be de-toxified.

ruveyn

Turkey is a nation with a predominantly Muslim population. Secular or no? And what of Iranians crying "death to the dictator" in what is probably the world's foremost Islamic Fundamentalist state?

Josher
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2009, 4:16 pm

Islam itself in a literalist interpretation is a very violent religion, however there are more secular Muslims nowadays who try to adapt their religion into a peaceful one. I have nothing against Muslims, just the religion of Islam itself.

Josher
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2009, 4:28 pm

http://www.bible.ca/islam/ the truth about Islam