What's up with all the conservatives on here?

Page 9 of 19 [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 8:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m not a “liberal” in all things.

I’m more a pragmatist.

That’s not an option. We’ve already established in this thread that all liberals are “baby killers” and all conservatives care nothing about marginalized groups. Those are clearly the only two options.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 8:36 pm

ollychan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ollychan wrote:
ollychan wrote:

"She cant even speak English ! "

Like someone pls explain what the hell on earth after all is liberalism .

What does Chelsea Handler have to do with liberalism?

A black woman (not too black) will get elected before a white woman does.

And what does that have to do with posting twitter feed from Chelsea Handler??

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 8:39 pm

Magna wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
The rugged individualism of conservatism appeals to some autistics who like being left alone.

Absolutely. I'm fiercely independent. I consider myself a centrist; for example, I believe the Democrat and the Republican parties are two sides of the same bad penny. Even so, the pervasive liberal goal of attempting to force regulate and micromanage an endless number of aspects of the life of the individual is darkly sickening to me. I'm very much in the "leave me alone" and "I know what's best for me" camp.

Also, I have to say, OP, your argument that conservatives are unfavorable to autistics and I would presume you'd think people with disabilities in general (I'd want to see proof) could be countered with the liberal ideology which accepts and promotes eugenics in the form of softly encouraging abortion of infants In Utero who test positive for many things that are considered disabilities.

If a fetal test was conclusive at diagnosing autism In Utero, does anyone here really think it's a stretch to assume that abortions would occur for that reason alone? The thought of my yet to be born fellow autistic "brothers and sisters" never getting a chance to live saddens me.

Please consider that as well.

Also, you could do a poll, but I would guess 80% of people here would identify or align with "liberal" ideology versus people who identify or align with "conservative" ideology. Personally, I'm completely fine with it either way.

I also feel the same way about abortion. Every life is worth living from conception until natural death. I'm against fetal testing of any kind and I hope that there's never one for autism.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 8:44 pm

Autism can’t be “tested” for, anyway.

There are many causes of autism.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 8:48 pm

I like all the hard and honest work that Trump is doing defunding Planned Parenthood. It was never about women's rights. It was always about racism and eugenics. I wish that eugenics were never thought of and capitalized on. I think that modern day feminism is a poor excuse for entitled perfectionists to abort or murder their unborn disabled children. Those types who called their special needs grade school peers ret*ds to their face with the most ignorant sounding voices that they could muster.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 8:54 pm

cberg wrote:
sly279 wrote:
cberg wrote:
sly279 wrote:
cberg wrote:
sly279 wrote:
There’s very few non liberals here

That's a problem? Excuse me but strength in numbers has nothing to do with any individual viewpoint.

How is ones individual view point when they getting the crap beat out of them by a mob?
If you can’t see a problem with having 10 liberals beat up on one non liner it’s cause you’re part of the mob.

DUDE: Take the drama down eleven notches. Did you read this before posting? The numbers are just happenstance like anything else on the internet & I don't see anything violent going on.

Go get on a argument with all pro trump people and see how you feel. No one likes being ganged up on. One on one is one thing having 10 people all come at you is unbearable.

That's why having only two political parties is so stupid. No one's ideas are fully represented & it makes everyone paranoid about mob rule by the other side. In reality there's little to no reason to be suspicious of anyone. That's the fatal mistake so many people keep making.

I love Yoda. He's a Sweet Pea. :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 8:56 pm

Autism is not one disorder with one cause.

Autism, in and of itself, will never have one screening test whose results will cause one to recommend abortion.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 9:03 pm

I’m pro abortion, but I wouldn’t have an abortion myself.

It’s something that needs to be regulated, but I can think of various situations which would make one an understandable (and even appropriate) choice.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 9:06 pm

sly279 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Wonder how fast a “what’s with all the liberals on here “ thread would be shut down by mods.

I think we are in the minority so it ain't gonna happen

Most people here are liberal,there’s literally only 2-3 actual conservatives here then another 2 non liberals. Everyone else is liberals. Notice it’s just me basically here talking?
Two conservatives are darmok and lovenothate. Dwrmok just posts in the gif bread and one other thread, he hasn’t even replied to this thread.
But there’s easily 10+ liberals posting in this thread alone, so how again is liberals the minority?
There’s you, sweet leaf, auntlabby, tillight,Kraft,saveferris,grand inquisitor,mr bigmouth,fnord,break,asparofme,cyberg,walrus,miss lizard, and Kraichgauer to name a few.

For neither there, me, Pepe, John, Ezra,and vegetable man.

Yelp librals are a minority here :roll:
Did you know all the mods are liberals? Not a single right leaning or conservative mod. Alex is liberal too.
There were other conservatives but they were banned or forced out. Dox and raptor.

Interesting that you would assume that I'm a liberal without even asking me. Maybe you should ask people how they align politically rather than assigning them into a category based upon your extremely limited exposure to their political views.

I'm a centrist. Political compass tests reflect that pretty firmly. Have you considered that I might be anti-gun because I live in a country where guns are for the most part banned, and we don't have a mass shooting every other week? I'd rather be Australia than the US on the gun issue. It might be a little late for the US to repeal their gun laws though given how many would be in circulation now.

I do agree about liberals on this site not being a minority though. They'd have to account for around half of all PPR posters, and the mods do for the most part appear to be more left-leaning.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 9:43 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
sly279 wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Magna wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
The rugged individualism of conservatism appeals to some autistics who like being left alone.

Absolutely. I'm fiercely independent. I consider myself a centrist; for example, I believe the Democrat and the Republican parties are two sides of the same bad penny. Even so, the pervasive liberal goal of attempting to force regulate and micromanage an endless number of aspects of the life of the individual is darkly sickening to me. I'm very much in the "leave me alone" and "I know what's best for me" camp.

Also, I have to say, OP, your argument that conservatives are unfavorable to autistics and I would presume you'd think people with disabilities in general (I'd want to see proof) could be countered with the liberal ideology which accepts and promotes eugenics in the form of softly encouraging abortion of infants In Utero who test positive for many things that are considered disabilities.

If a fetal test was conclusive at diagnosing autism In Utero, does anyone here really think it's a stretch to assume that abortions would occur for that reason alone? The thought of my yet to be born fellow autistic "brothers and sisters" never getting a chance to live saddens me.

Please consider that as well.

Also, you could do a poll, but I would guess 80% of people here would identify or align with "liberal" ideology versus people who identify or align with "conservative" ideology. Personally, I'm completely fine with it either way.

Last time I checked, it was largely conservatives who were into eugenics.

Read a history book, it was Democrats.
Republicans are against abortion and want ever kid born regardless of how disabled they are.

I think that every kid should be born regardless of how disabled they are. This isn't 1933 Germany.

No it’s worse it’s 2019 America, the nazis only wished they had the medical testing capabilities we have. Many disabled people just came off as weird and were left alone, I’d probably been passable as normal.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 9:45 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

It’s something that needs to be regulated, but I can think of various situations which would make one an understandable (and even appropriate) choice.

As do most pro abortion people

Only acceptable times for me, rape, or medical risk to the mother.

People using it in place of birth control is not an acceptable reason.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 9:54 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
sly279 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Wonder how fast a “what’s with all the liberals on here “ thread would be shut down by mods.

I think we are in the minority so it ain't gonna happen

Most people here are liberal,there’s literally only 2-3 actual conservatives here then another 2 non liberals. Everyone else is liberals. Notice it’s just me basically here talking?
Two conservatives are darmok and lovenothate. Dwrmok just posts in the gif bread and one other thread, he hasn’t even replied to this thread.
But there’s easily 10+ liberals posting in this thread alone, so how again is liberals the minority?
There’s you, sweet leaf, auntlabby, tillight,Kraft,saveferris,grand inquisitor,mr bigmouth,fnord,break,asparofme,cyberg,walrus,miss lizard, and Kraichgauer to name a few.

For neither there, me, Pepe, John, Ezra,and vegetable man.

Yelp librals are a minority here :roll:
Did you know all the mods are liberals? Not a single right leaning or conservative mod. Alex is liberal too.
There were other conservatives but they were banned or forced out. Dox and raptor.

Interesting that you would assume that I'm a liberal without even asking me. Maybe you should ask people how they align politically rather than assigning them into a category based upon your extremely limited exposure to their political views.

I'm a centrist. Political compass tests reflect that pretty firmly. Have you considered that I might be anti-gun because I live in a country where guns are for the most part banned, and we don't have a mass shooting every other week? I'd rather be Australia than the US on the gun issue. It might be a little late for the US to repeal their gun laws though given how many would be in circulation now.

I do agree about liberals on this site not being a minority though. They'd have to account for around half of all PPR posters, and the mods do for the most part appear to be more left-leaning.

Policies one supports defines ones side, if you support 90% liberal policies you’re a liberal.
People can call themselves whatever they want but saying your w doctor doesn’t make you one.

You have other mass killings and by us standards you have mass shootings, your nation just defines them differently so they can say it doesn’t happen.
Just like anti gun groups Lower the bar so they can say it happens more often then it does,
To kids shooting them selfs with BB guns is a mass shooting, this kid goes to school to shot himself , gun has a single round in it. Police say it’s a suicide attempt, left says it’s a mass shooting and we need to ban all guns now!! !! !! !! !
There say there’s 30,000 gun murders a year when really it’s only a few thousand. They say it’s a school shooting every days even cnn had to call that out as buckshot snd they super anti gun.
So it’s all about how you define things.
If we used Australia definition we might have as many mass shootings as you.

Did you know Australians own more guns now then before the buyback in the 1990s?

Well at least we agree on one thing.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 10:10 pm

sly279 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

As do most pro abortion people

Only acceptable times for me, rape, or medical risk to the mother.

People using it in place of birth control is not an acceptable reason.

Most people I know wouldn’t approve of it even under the “acceptable times” you’ve listed.

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2019, 10:42 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

So you're pro-choice. I'm not trying to nitpick but "pro-abortion" is what the pro-life movement in their misogynistic campaign to control women's bodies calls the pro-choice position. Regardless I agree w/you except to say that I don't think it's anyone's business but the girl or woman what happens to her or her foetus (regardless of age). I wouldn't want anyone controlling my body as a guy nor if I were a woman. That's the feminist position. If some people have a problem w/feminism I guess they believe in patriarchy rather than gender equality which personally I can't stand.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 10:47 pm

Get a woman pregnant and she and the government will own and control your body. Work or prison either way it’s theirs.

Yet feminism opposes giving men the same choice they want women to have.
That’s not equality.

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2019, 12:02 am

sly279 wrote:
Get a woman pregnant and she and the government will own and control your body. Work or prison either way it’s theirs.

Yet feminism opposes giving men the same choice they want women to have.
That’s not equality.

That's a nice twisted way of looking at abortion and feminism. How exactly do you expect women to sympathize with your situation of having ASD if you won't support her autonomy over her own body? This is why bigmouth started this thread as I said back on page 1 because being conservative and being on the spectrum is oxymoronic and really like shooting yourself in the foot unless you're rich or a white nationalist or something because it does go against your material interests in many ways. I can go into why in a later post.

And in terms of your labeling most people here as "liberal" in fact you said everyone else. Well I'm not. I'm a Marxist and there are some others to the left of liberalism as Americans define it on WP too. As to the relative proportion of posters, I don't think you're right about that either. I see alot of conservative posts on this thread actually starting with the many you've posted and you're far from being alone or even few in number. You also have to make a distinction between liberal and progressive because they're quite different. Let alone leftist like me. I'll go more into that later.