Page 2 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 6:06 am

Fogman wrote:
Litigious wrote:
I thought it was the other way around. In Sweden we use the English word redneck for a guy who is some kind of hippie/nazi mutant, driving American cars (or old, tuned up Volvos), hating all foreigners, smoking pot and having the CSA flag and/or the Swedish flag all over their houses...

I thought that the proper plural form for these people was Raggare.

Raggare aren't always hippie nazis, pot smokers or hate foreigners. They drive old American cars, often Cadillacs from the '50s and '60s, wear jeans clothes or leather jackets, often have long hair and/or beard. Their women are never feminists. Sometimes they like group sex but in an old fashioned kind of way. You could say that raggare are like a nicer kind of Hells Angels, driving cars instead of motorcycles.

'Tis munny in my purse.

Malaclypse
Raven
Raven

08 Oct 2006, 1:44 pm

Litigious wrote:
I thought it was the other way around. In Sweden we use the English word redneck for a guy who is some kind of hippie/nazi mutant, driving American cars (or old, tuned up Volvos), hating all foreigners, smoking pot and having the CSA flag and/or the Swedish flag all over their houses...

Say what? We do? Is that combination really possible in the first place? =)
What are their political standing? I mean, the weed part sounds really strange in combination with nazis. I always picture such as*holes to be the absolute antithesis of people who smoke weed and get calm and friendly instead.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 1:50 pm

Maybe not in all parts of Sweden. I live on the west coast and the people I've heard using that word in that sense also came from the west coast.

Yes, you can take drugs and be a nazi, though it's of course against "official" nazism to do so.

'Tis munny in my purse.

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 12:14 am

My parents were born in the appalacian mountians of West Virginia and are called hillbillies because of that. they are racist but interesting....very few of their relatives are, and they too are called hillbillies. I agree with Lae on this one. But I don't think all rednecks are racist.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 12:25 am

Rakkety_Tamm wrote:
In light of sterotypes being used in both the chat's and the boards, I thought I might as well clear this up for yall.

Redneck: A person from the South-East United States (predominitly, but also found elsewhere. Proud of there heritage, can be any color, and are NOT racists, neo-cons, etc. Is known to fly the Rebel flag, but to celebrate heritage, and not hate.

Hillbilly: A person who is known as a racist, drunkerd, and over... not a very nice person. Does not recogonnize the United States Government, instead, refuses to let the old Conferate States of America die.

I hope this clears up some pre-dispositions....

rednecks and hillbillies both fly the stars and bars and are racists. it's just that the hillbillies/hilljacks live in the woods....rednecks live in campers and have radios that allow them to listen to really crappy country music.

by the way: stars and bars are not heritage. it's a symbol of racism and slavery. pure and simple. read the confederate consitution sometime....there's not much about state rights in there....in fact most of it either mirrored the already existing united states constitution or actually took rights away from states. it also made sure to specify that slavery was legal. the only thing i actually agreed with in it that wasn't just copied from the US constitution was the part about banning riders on legislation....i'd love to ban riders in modern day congress....no more "tax cut for the rich/veteran's healthcare" type bills....no more paper-clipping trash onto good bills.

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2006, 10:53 pm

You guys, the word "redneck" refers to the backs of farmers' necks turning red from working in the sun all day. And how is calling someone a redneck or hillbilly any better than calling someone a n****r?

skafather84 wrote:
by the way: stars and bars are not heritage. it's a symbol of racism and slavery.

Okay, then it symbolizes a heritage of racism and slavery.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 11:30 pm

Quote:
rednecks and hillbillies both fly the stars and bars and are racists. i

I have to say, buddy, you are way off base there. :evil:

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 11:33 pm

Quote:
Yes, you can take drugs and be a nazi, though it's of course against "official" nazism to do so.

Um,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anyone who would become a NAZI has definitely passed the threshold into the realm of the criminally insane, so if they were to use illegal drugs it would be of absolutely no surprise whatseovere.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 11:58 pm

xon wrote:
Quote:
rednecks and hillbillies both fly the stars and bars and are racists. i

I have to say, buddy, you are way off base there. :evil:

my general experience is that those who tend to fly stars and bars tend to be racist on some level.

maybe it's just my jaded perspective from the south and growing up and living down here.

most people down here are racist to some extent rather less those who fly stars and bars.

Therion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Oct 2006, 3:52 am

Most raggare here are called prackers [prackare] and they are just pathetic 25 year old men who drives 15 year old volvos and buys 14 year old girl friends with beer. They are generally conservatives with a disdain for those living on welfare, and lives on welfare themselves.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 5:54 am

:mrgreen:

Do you live in the countryside? 8)

'Tis munny in my purse.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

10 Oct 2006, 6:18 am

Hmm my dad called my brothers friends "Thugs".

I would tell my brother "whats up Thug"

He would tell me "hey Psycho"

We saw a news program on tv around 1989 about military rifles and they said only psychos and drug dealers on them so he asked me which I was.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 6:26 am

Judges, doctors, scientists, engineers, university professors, top corporate executives, skilled tradesmen. The most disturbing thing about the nazis is that they were not insane.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 3:36 pm

CanyonWind wrote:
Judges, doctors, scientists, engineers, university professors, top corporate executives, skilled tradesmen. The most disturbing thing about the nazis is that they were not insane.

they are insane...it's just they're mostly functional. just like people with aspergers...we have something different/wrong about us but we are mostly functional.

either that or they were just plain ignorant.

but then again, the nazis do have a history of occultism and the nazi beliefs are very much in line with religion...so....i guess it's no different than the catholics doing the sit stand sit stand sit stand kneel dance....except nazis kill people. catholics haven't killed people in the name of their religion in a couple years.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 8:25 pm

They weren't just functional, they were damn good at what they did. It came out a few years back that the methods we use for dealing with hypothermia and frostbite were developed by nazi scientists experimenting on people. If they had been sadistic lunatics, I would find it easier to accept, but they were doing real science. Then there's the weapons they developed, cruise missiles, ICBM's, jet aircraft, it's a long list.

I wish I could say they were ignorant, but germany was among the most educated countries in the world, a people who made many contributions to world culture, poetry, philosophy, music, art..

What went wrong? This wasn't Idi Amin in Uganda or Papa Doc in Haiti. I haven't gotten the impression that the german people as a group are much different from anybody else. This is something I don't understand, and it scares me. I think humanity may need to rethink some basic assumptions.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 9:04 pm

The difference between a redneck and a hillbilly:

Hillbillies are the salt of the earth. They still live out in the country when the rest of us are living in cities or suburban neighborhoods. A lot of them farm the very food the rest of us see on our plates.
They have backwards, ignorant attitudes, but that can easily be forgiven.

Rednecks are rude, disgusting, violent, lazy, cruel, drunken, methamphetamine-inhaling trailer trash.
They are racists and proud of it. They join the KKK and have confederate flags and camo on almost all of their posessions.