Page 2 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 6:17 pm

This thread's point in regard to race is silly. Apply that same point to sex differences, and we have a thread.
So-called "races" of humans aren't divided by something as obvious and fundamentally differentiating as opposite sets of genitals and X and Y chromosomes.
I think there are general truths about women and general truths about men. Spiritually, we're all the same, but we generally have very different brains and thus behavior patterns.
But some wish to see absolute identicality between the sexes, as if that wouldn't hurt more than help society continue to function.
People who say their gender means literally nothing are artificially devaluing themselves, I believe.

/derail

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 6:24 pm

Ragtime wrote:
People who say their gender means literally nothing are artificially devaluing themselves, I believe.

/derail

Then you believe wrong :wink:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Apr 2012, 6:24 pm

People are overly sensitive about race to the point where it can not even be discussed in any sense without the word racist getting thrown around. However, the terms 'racial realist' or 'white nationalist' have, in my personal experience, were used by people most would describe as racist. The differences between races has far more to do with cultural and socioeconomic factors than it does anything genetics or biological. Race exists much in the same way different eye color or hair color exists.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 6:55 pm

"Racial realists" are white people who desperately want certain things to be true. Their lives are not very interesting, and so they have fantasies that there is a hierarchy of races based on intelligence and that their race is near the top. In this way, they can feel like they are a part of something interesting, a part of a "team" larger than themselves. Unfortunately, other white people don't actually like them very much. They pretend that the reason that other white people do not like them is that other white people have been brainwashed and need to be "woken up".

I don't know if I would describe them as "racists". I think that I would describe them as "sad".

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:17 pm

Declension wrote:
"Racial realists" are white people who desperately want certain things to be true. Their lives are not very interesting, and so they have fantasies that there is a hierarchy of races based on intelligence and that their race is near the top. In this way, they can feel like they are a part of something interesting, a part of a "team" larger than themselves. Unfortunately, other white people don't actually like them very much. They pretend that the reason that other white people do not like them is that other white people have been brainwashed and need to be "woken up".

I don't know if I would describe them as "racists". I think that I would describe them as "sad".

Hmm lets see their have been Italian Black and Mexican raical realists not just white people,

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2012, 8:26 pm

Jacoby wrote:
The differences between races has far more to do with cultural and socioeconomic factors than it does anything genetics or biological.

http://psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushtonpdfs/pppl1.pdf

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/9530.aspx - Oh by the way , even check out the responses by rushton from the article's criticizers.

'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

Last edited by DuneyBlues on 13 Apr 2012, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:28 pm

Joker wrote:
Hmm lets see their have been Italian Black and Mexican raical realists not just white people

You have to remember that
(a) the vast majority of self-described "racial realists" are white, and
(b) modern racial realists do not say that whites are the most intelligent. They say that East Asians and Jews are more intelligent than whites.

So you don't need to believe that your race is at the top in order to achieve a sick pleasure out of being a racial realist. You only need to believe that some races are under you.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:37 pm

Declension wrote:
Joker wrote:
Hmm lets see their have been Italian Black and Mexican raical realists not just white people

(b) modern racial realists do not say that whites are the most intelligent. They say that East Asians and Jews are more intelligent than whites.

So you don't need to believe that your race is at the top in order to achieve a sick pleasure out of being a racial realist. You only need to believe that some races are under you.

Hmm I do believe that racism can apply to any color or race lets see hear som example of a non white racial realist.

Malcolm X preach black surpremacy. btw I am a fan of him and I am not only white but also cherokee.

Fulgencio Batista.

Marcus Garvey a black nationalist.

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2012, 8:38 pm

Ragtime wrote:
This thread's point in regard to race is silly. Apply that same point to sex differences, and we have a thread.
So-called "races" of humans aren't divided by something as obvious and fundamentally differentiating as opposite sets of genitals and X and Y chromosomes.
I think there are general truths about women and general truths about men. Spiritually, we're all the same, but we generally have very different brains and thus behavior patterns.
But some wish to see absolute identicality between the sexes, as if that wouldn't hurt more than help society continue to function.

/derail

Your subjectively silly ^^

- "This thread's point in regard to race is silly. Apply that same point to sex differences, and we have a thread".

Race is still a valued taxonomy: http://books.google.ca/books/about/The_ ... edir_esc=y

- "So-called "races" of humans aren't divided by something as obvious and fundamentally differentiating as opposite sets of genitals and X and Y chromosomes".

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2012, 8:50 pm

Declension wrote:

I really like this fictional story of yours , can I publish it?

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:59 pm

DuneyBlues wrote:
I really like this fictional story of yours , can I publish it?

Go ahead! I like reading autobiographies.

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2012, 9:04 pm

Declension wrote:
Joker wrote:

(a) where?

&

Are we playing a psychologist here? ( psychologist's fallacy )

- "achieve a sick pleasure out of being a racial realist. You only need to believe that some races are under you"

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 9:09 pm

DuneyBlues wrote:
Declension wrote:
Joker wrote:

(a) where?

&

Are we playing a psychologist here? ( psychologist's fallacy )

- "achieve a sick pleasure out of being a racial realist. You only need to believe that some races are under you"

I think I like you make very good points.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 9:15 pm

Krychek wrote:
Thanks for posting this. This is amazing..

I'm always trying to explain this sort of thing to people, but was never sure how to..

It always pisses me off when someone is called racist over nothing.. people just throw that word around to make themselves seem not "racist".. And once they do, no matter what you say, you are labeled as that, at least for remainder of whatever situation it is that you are in.

I came up with the term (or at least I've never heard anyone else say it) for these people that do this - RACISTPHOBES

Trying to argue or defend yourself with people when you get called racist is damn near pointless. Once it's done, it's done.. It's like punching someone in the face; you can't just "take it back", like you can with other words/accusations..

My point being, (especially as an aspie) it drives me insane when someone says something to or about me that is inaccurate. I always try to argue that their logic is BS.. And now that I see these videos - yes, they are new to me; sorry if I'm a little behind - It's helping me learn how to better point out to people that they are just jumping on board with everyone else, throwing out that word at other people to make themselves look better.. Helps me better describe why they are "racistphobes".

Yes, they anger me no end. Do they know what has happened because of racists... people won't do business with you, they try to ruin your life or that of your family members, they avoid servicing you, throw a fit just because you are in their presence, people were killed because of racism, raped, childhoods stolen, I mean its endless. And then they just toss it around so nonchalantly.

There is that, but when they deludedly call America that, that pisses me off the most. The ones throwing that word around are those who reside on the left. They can't help it... it is one of the lenses that, for them, reality is filtered through... the other two being class, and gender.

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2012, 9:24 pm

ruveyn wrote:
UnLoser wrote:
I love the comments about "leftists" towards the end of the second video. :roll:

But anyway, there's no reason to ignore factual differences between races, nor is there anything wrong with preferring the company of your own race. What is wrong is denying a person a job based on stereotypes about their race, treating someone poorly because of their race, and similar actions.

Cultural and linguistic differences are more significant than differences in superficial attributes like skin color, eye shape, hair texture and such like. Humans all over the planet show the same character in intellectual and linguistic development. By the time a young human is a year and a half, with few exceptions, he has a language. That is true everywhere. And all languages are capable of carrying intellectual baggage.

ruveyn

Are we going cherry picking Ruveyn? Since you point to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 9:28 pm

DuneyBlues wrote:

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say with this. Race can't be a taxonomy. Taxonomy is the science of identifying and classifying living organisms. Race could be a taxon or a taxonomic rank within the biological taxonomy, but that is not the case. The term has been used in plant taxonomy in the past, but botany has also long replaced it with the species / subspecies taxa.

As for your link, as far as I can tell it has nothing whatsoever to do with your statement. It leads to a review of a book written by Richard Dawkins. I don't think that he is a big supporter of the idea of different human races, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise. Could you please quote the relevant part of the book? Without a quote, it makes little sense to use it as a reference, don't you think?

PS: I'm still waiting for your reply to my post. Do you have a list of human races, preferably one that was published in this century or the second half of the last century and has some scientific validity? Alternatively, you could post your own hypothesis. I still have no idea what exactly you mean when you talk about races. How many are there? What are they called? What are the classification criteria? We need to know this if we are meant to have a meaningful discussion about this subject, and I can't find any racial classification system for humans in the scientific literature for some weird reason.

Last edited by CrazyCatLord on 13 Apr 2012, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.