Behold, the love/mercy of the church!...and 800 dead babies

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 10:43 pm

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. I can see a lot of people renouncing Catholicism because of this.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 10:57 pm

My ancestors had renounced Catholicism over five hundred years ago with the Protestant Reformation. Not that Protestants aren't capable of being equally hardhearted and fanatical.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 11:03 pm

I was raised Episcopilian,made the mistake of joking with a friend's mom at the dinner table that we were "reformed Catholics", me and my big mouth.She was Catholic and hated me from then on,I was not suppose to play with her daughter.We snuck around some,but it pretty much ended the friendship.I was just a kid,why get so bent out of shape?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 11:05 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I was raised Episcopilian,made the mistake of joking with a friend's mom at the dinner table that we were "reformed Catholics", me and my big mouth.She was Catholic and hated me from then on,I was not suppose to play with her daughter.We snuck around some,but it pretty much ended the friendship.I was just a kid,why get so bent out of shape?

You have to wonder how many parents have ruined their kids lives with such asinine tangents.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 11:15 pm

It's so uncomfortable as a kid to feel the anger directed towards you,and not really understanding why the adults are so pissed off.I wanted to crawl under the table.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 11:25 pm

Misslizard wrote:
It's so uncomfortable as a kid to feel the anger directed towards you,and not really understanding why the adults are so pissed off.I wanted to crawl under the table.

I can imagine. :(

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 3:30 pm

This thread has talked me into watching a Joan of Arc Messenger dvd today.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 4:33 pm

Misslizard wrote:

If you meant "reformed" as in "Reformed Jews"(as opposed to Orthodox, or Conservative Jews) than that was a pretty funny line. And kinda true-since Episcoplianism IS basically just a streamlined version of Roman Catholicism, and not one of the more Protestant of the Protestant sects. It is kinda "Reformed Catholicism" .And the lady shoulda had a sense of humor about it.

But you meant "reformed" as in "reformed alcoholic", or "reformed child moloester", then...well that would ALSO have been pretty funny actually...but I wouldnt not have said it to her face! Thats probably what she took you to mean.

Lol!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 4:49 pm

Did anyone post this? It's a video on this story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhPq8y6CLuw#t=12

slave
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 5:13 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Did anyone post this? It's a video on this story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhPq8y6CLuw#t=12

Thanks so much for posting this :!: :!: :!: :!:

Y'all must read the comment section~~~~WOW :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 5:26 pm

Like these two:

Quote:
Nikisright3 days ago

I know my comment will get a lots of booing, but, everyone must remember that these places were flooded with unwanted babies and the nuns were not helped that much, financially or otherwise. They probably were overwhelm. 
Reply ·
View all 3 replies

BohemianBlasphemy3 hours ago

You're missing the point, Nikisright. Why were those mothers forced to give away their children in the first place?
Because the Church made shaming unwed mothers a social norm. The Church had all the power and all the control, and whoever they said should be considered asocial pariah became a social pariah, just because the Church said so. Some of those pregnancies were the result of rape, I'm sure; but the Church opposes abortions too. They had the tools to ruin entire families. Your daughter is raped, she can't get an abortion, your family is ruined.
Unless you seek THEIR help.

So they forced the mothers to hide their "shame". This was the result. This is the result every time religion is in charge. Immoral monsters preaching morality, it's enough to make me sick.
Show less

Keep in mind, in those days, women were faulted for any unwanted pregnancy. It was as if men were not needed and immaculate conception were believed possible. Never the man's fault a woman conceived.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 5:46 pm

This video has additional details.
Note the response of the Irish police and the Clergy! :evil: Not ONE thing will happen as justice for this insanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-e8d9JWGUM

Sarah Mulligan states " it breaks my heart that I live in such a heartless evil country. I will not rear my unborn children here nor will I grow old here. Such a horrible oppressive, suppressive, depressing country......My country is an, "open asylum""

just one example of the pain of those who live with the consequences of these atrocities.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 6:10 pm

slave wrote:
Note the response of the Irish police and the Clergy! :evil: Not ONE thing will happen as justice for this insanity.

Sarah Mulligan states " it breaks my heart that I live in such a heartless evil country. I will not rear my unborn children here nor will I grow old here. Such a horrible oppressive, suppressive, depressing country......My country is an, "open asylum""

just one example of the pain of those who live with the consequences of these atrocities.

I know I'm setting myself up for attack here, but you have to wonder if things would have been better had the English never left.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 6:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
slave wrote:

I know I'm setting myself up for attack here, but you have to wonder if things would have been better had the English never left.

Weren't the Brits the one who took all their food?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 6:36 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
slave wrote:

Weren't the Brits the one who took all their food?

Quite a while before.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 2:43 pm

And here I thought the Baptists had the market cornered on forgetting that Jesus Himself was the out-of-wedlock child of a teenaged mother who,according tolaw,should have beenpublically executed for the crim eof adultery.

Every religion, and every society, has done it. The question isn't "When will THEY....??". It is " When will PEOPLE....???".