Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 4:08 pm

Loki is the one and only true god.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 4:18 pm

Ectryon wrote:
I dont think that gods can be put in the same category at all. The OT God has miracles the bible as an enduring record and the arguments of various apologists. The same cannot be said of other mythological beings. Gods always have conjecture and reasoning behind them which sometimes stretches back for millennia. This merits its own category.

Just seems like a semantic exercise; having another category of imaginary beings called gods doesn't make them any more real than unicorns. Each has been created by man's imagination.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 4:53 pm

On the subject of power corrupting; I wonder which psychopathic dictator came out with these instructions? Was it Genghis Khan, Pol Pot, Hitler maybe? No?

Quote:
"When you come to a city to fight against it, then first proclaim peace toward it. If it answers for peace, and opens its gates to you, then all the people found therein shall be your slaves, and they shall serve you. If it won?t make peace, but will make war against you, then you shall besiege it. And when the LORD thy God has delivered it into your hands, you shall kill every male inside with the edge of your sword. But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the fortunes inside, shall you take for yourself; and you shall eat all the good things of your enemy, which the LORD thy God has given you. Thus you shall do to every city even faraway which are not among your chosen nations. In these cities, which the LORD thy God gives you for an inheritance, you shall leave nothing left alive" ?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 7:07 pm

What a megalomaniac.On second thought,maybe I should convert and raise an army.I'd like to invade somewhere and eat all their good things.I hope there is seafood involved.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

27 Aug 2014, 7:44 am

The meek and humble shall inherit the earth.

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Bruce Lee.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 7:53 am

yournamehere wrote:

Provided that is all right with everyone else. :wink:

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

27 Aug 2014, 8:16 am

TallyMan wrote:
yournamehere wrote:

Provided that is all right with everyone else. :wink:

:lol: screw big brother.

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Bruce Lee.

Hi_Im_B0B
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Aug 2014, 12:39 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
God or gods shall I put it are mythological beings no different than dragons unicorns fairies and mermaids! (^_^)
a god is a point of focus, toward which the energy raised in prayer/spellwork/creative visualization (all names for the same process) is directed. polytheism uses various foci, monotheism only one.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 1:21 pm

God isn't real anymore because I wished him away with a magic lamp!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm

Hi_Im_B0B wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
God or gods shall I put it are mythological beings no different than dragons unicorns fairies and mermaids! (^_^)
a god is a point of focus, toward which the energy raised in prayer/spellwork/creative visualization (all names for the same process) is directed. polytheism uses various foci, monotheism only one.

Brilliantly put!