Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 12:21 pm

Where were Democrats when TRUMP massively increased military spending?

Oh, Bipartisan support.

Be the hero of your life.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 12:34 pm

If only the Democratic field of candidates didn't read like a random collection of third-party wannabes.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 12:41 pm

War and death are profitable. Got to keep the military machine rolling forward, then convince the masses that we're making the world a better place.

We can't be running out of bombs like we did in 2016 in Syria. Those mother f*****s are expensive! Thank you Dems, for voting to give the man you claim is dangerous and unstable, more tools of destruction to work with.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 4:08 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
If Sanders really belived in what he was preaching, he would have left the party and continued the crusade. You can't speak out against corruption, then endorse a candidate who embodies everything you've been talking about.

The problem of running as a popular independent is that you'd then just serve as a spoiler for the people closest to you. Still, Clinton would have been better than Trump, and knowing the two-party dynamics of our politics, Sanders endorsed her.

Quote:
The Dems have been very supportive of Trump, actually, despite the theater that goes on between the parties in Congress, designed to perpetuate the political divide. They've given in to Trump at every turn.

I do agree with this, in that Pelosi and other corporate Dems have been quite willing to fundraise off of Trump. In addition, in terms of defense authorizations the corporate Dems have given Trump everything he wanted and then some. I do wonder about their loyalty in a true Sanders vs. Trump general.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 5:09 pm

I'm not sure that Hillary would've been better than Trump. She's much more hawkish on foreign policy.

That aside, I just can't play the lesser of two evils game anymore. It's gotten us nowhere. I won't vote for anyone who I believe will maintain the status quo.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 11:13 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
War and death are profitable. Got to keep the military machine rolling forward, then convince the masses that we're making the world a better place.

We can't be running out of bombs like we did in 2016 in Syria. Those mother f*****s are expensive! Thank you Dems, for voting to give the man you claim is dangerous and unstable, more tools of destruction to work with.

You blame the Democrats, and yet I don't recall you ever calling Trump to account, as if Trump isn't as accountable.