Veteran

08 Aug 2024, 10:18 am

Also what I really wanted to say is that it's time the world grew up

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2024, 10:32 am

^ I agree bb. Fed up of all this crap.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2024, 12:00 pm

Ahaa.. but as any disenfranchised , opportunistic thinking younger Rioter, :ninja: such as ones in the US ,, I have seen , the time is ripe for looting businesses and shops ..perhaps ? 8O ????.... :cry:

where ever you go ,there you are

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Aug 2024, 1:03 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Chuds are terrorizing Muslims because a Christian from Rwanda murdered some girls. This isn't about the girls being attacked, they're just the excuse.

He wasn't from Rwanda, he was from Cardiff.

This is important because it isn't just, or even primarily, Muslims who are being targeted. Asylum seekers have also been targeted, with multiple "asylum hotels" being burned down. And while there'd be no excuse for the hatred and violence even if he was a Muslim or an asylum seeker, he isn't, he's British.

roronoa79 wrote:
A bunch of young Tories who are gullible enough to latch onto whatever conspiracy theory helps them justify their violent hatred for immigrants which Tory leaders actively encourage. A bunch of young Tories who lack the imagination to think outside the box of:
"England special! West special! Immigrants hate us and want to destroy us! Unga bunga smash things! Me free-thinker!"

What I am about to say, on the other hand, is really pedantry: I suspect relatively few of these people are Tories.

Young Tories, in particular, are weird in different ways. They're more likely to have disdain for the poor than anything, although other forms of bigotry are there too. But they'd typically view street thuggery as beneath them.

The violent ones at these protests are probably split between non-voters, Reform UK, and parties even further right than Reform. Generally, these people have similar disdain for the Tories as you, despite constantly being pandered to. Some of them will have quite liked Boris Johnson, but they perceive Rishi Sunak as a sellout, and, well, let's just say that isn't for policy reasons.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2024, 2:27 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Chuds are terrorizing Muslims because a Christian from Rwanda murdered some girls. This isn't about the girls being attacked, they're just the excuse.

Yes, I should have phrased that more precisely. He's of Rwandan decent but he's a British citizen born in the UK. He isn't a foreigner.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2024, 2:08 am

funeralxempire wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Yes, I should have phrased that more precisely. He's of Rwandan decent but he's a British citizen born in the UK. He isn't a foreigner.

Apparently Christian as well.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2024, 10:45 am

Nades wrote:
Apparently Christian as well.

Not that it matters to vermin looking for an excuse to terrorize Muslims.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 2:55 am

This racial violence is ugly and despairing. We Americans watch what happens in Britain, and think, "It can't happen here." But I'm afraid irresponsible politicians in this country are already stirring up hate for immigrants legal or illegal for political gain, and without any thought of what horrors they might be unleashing. When I see what's happening in Britain, I think, "But for the grace of God go we."

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 1:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
This racial violence is ugly and despairing. We Americans watch what happens in Britain, and think, "It can't happen here." But I'm afraid irresponsible politicians in this country are already stirring up hate for immigrants legal or illegal for political gain, and without any thought of what horrors they might be unleashing. When I see what's happening in Britain, I think, "But for the grace of God go we."

^^^^^ This above post is extremely poignant , especially in the USA , the Politicians are using immigrants as
some kind of scape goats for all the countries problems...When in fact it may VERY well be that it is the politicians that are creating most all the issues and their control of the medua empires . :nerdy: ..IMHO
And this does not nean that the norders need some attn. for screening out the members of obvious criminal types .

where ever you go ,there you are

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2024, 5:28 pm

It would seem the uprisings in working class Britain during the Enoch Powell era has never subsided. the western world has never quite come to terms with immigration from former colonies. In the UK the changing face of London from a quintessentially British city to something that feels like you have been transported to a new country, I had this experience when visiting both Paris and London. If I feel confused when I visited, no doubt the locals are fuming.

the question of what outsiders think is irrelevant. the local Brits are the ones who need to come to terms with their immigration policy. Far righters might not be representative of the average Brit, but like the MAGAs in the US, conservative alliance in Australia, immigration is front and centre of their policies at election time. Proof was Brexit, immigration is why Britain left the EU.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2024, 11:56 pm

Humanity is doomed and we will not live to see 2030.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2024, 12:36 am

lostonearth35 wrote:

I'm pretty certain we'll make it to 2035.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2024, 2:25 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Let's take bets Kraichie, we'll both be here in virtual space in 2035 :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2024, 8:42 am

England seemed like a pretty nice place to travel at one time. I beg to differ these days. It's too violent.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2024, 11:08 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
England seemed like a pretty nice place to travel at one time. I beg to differ these days. It's too violent.

You should not judge a place by its worst moments. This is a flareup.

England never was the fairy tail place reported in the North American press. We are fed a steady diet of royal pomp and circumstance, Churchill speeches, classy accents, talented actors, and innovative musicians. While England is all that, it is not only that.

These riots are not the first, there was a worse one in 2011, and many before that. That is what that song by The Specials ‘Ghost Town’ was all about. That was 1981

Racism? Oi. In the late 70s and 80s you had racist skinhead gangs roaming around attacking people of color.

You have always had football hooligans.

And oh yeah, from the late 60’s through most of the 90’s there was active terrorist campaign going on.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2024, 2:33 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Let's take bets Kraichie, we'll both be here in virtual space in 2035 :lol:

You might be right!