Page 14 of 29 [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 29  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 7:43 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
One reason I have a profound dislike of the left, is because of their arrogant tendency to talk down to me, and acting like I'm somehow incapable or defective.

Indeed - it becomes extremely irritating to have to suffer such people. It alienates people who might be their natural supporters.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 7:45 pm

Tequila wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
One reason I have a profound dislike of the left, is because of their arrogant tendency to talk down to me, and acting like I'm somehow incapable or defective.

Indeed - it becomes extremely irritating to have to suffer such people. It alienates people who might be their natural supporters.

Actually it helped me understand the fact that they don't want us to rise up in society, they want us to feel disenfranchised. They want to use us as a power base, making us feel repressed and that they are the only ones that will help us.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 7:47 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
Raptor wrote:
:?
It seems as though it’s the consensus of the liberals on this forum is that all of the conservatives with Asperger’s have been given special breaks in life or were born into wealthy and/or influential families and never had to struggle.
That we have no concept of struggling, setbacks, depression, disappointment, frustration, etc….
No, the difference is that we’ve either chosen to or been forced by circumstance to charge through and do what must be done to get by ANYWAY!

Nice strawman you got there.

It's not a strawman argument.

One reason I have a profound dislike of the left, is because of their arrogant tendency to talk down to me, and acting like I'm somehow incapable or defective. Conservatives that I have run into over the years, have pushed me to try to overcome my difficulties, they understand that I have problems, but they think I should still strive to do better instead of simply giving up.

Liberals tend to thrive on failure while conservatives lean more toward success.
This has been my observation and one of the many reasons I am a conservative.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 7:48 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Actually it helped me understand the fact that they don't want us to rise up in society, they want us to feel disenfranchised. They want to use us as a power base, making us feel repressed and that they are the only ones that will help us.

Exactly. I'm on benefits and will probably remain so for some time to come, but I still want a job. I still want to have a regular position in society. I don't want people to mollycoddle me - usually because the people doing it are frequently just lazy people who treat me like a 'case' rather than a personhood. The amount of times I have stressed my personhood and it has gone over their little heads in the state system really boils my urine, let me tell you.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 7:50 pm

The ultimate outcome of Conservativism is failure.

15 Aug 2011, 7:50 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

YES! Because if we rise, others will Fall. As Gore Vidal once said:

Quote:
It is not enough to succeed, others must fail.

No wonder other politically approved minorities and their white liberal allies don't give 2 s**ts and fart about aspies.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 8:00 pm

androbot2084 wrote:

The problems we're having isn't due to Conservatism, it's from throwing our moral values out the window and embracing relativism.

15 Aug 2011, 8:05 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

The problems we're having isn't due to Conservatism, it's from throwing our moral values out the window and embracing relativism.

People have been saying that sort of thing for DECADES..........Morals are rules of conduct designed for the preservation of society and the maintenance of the status quo. Quite often they are in direct conflict with self-interest.

As for the problems we're having right now, they were ultimately caused by a small group of people who acted in their own self-interest at the expense of the rest of us. Trouble is, if you really want to discourage this behavior you have to create a disincentive given the hyper-competitive nature of american society.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 9:14 pm

Conservatives might be more palatable if they didn't revere the rich as our "most productive citizens." Where does that leave the rest of us, other than second class citizens? America is about equality, regardless if you're the CEO of a multi-billion corporation, or if you're living on welfare. But I see little regard for equality among conservatives, as they want to reward the rich for all their achievement, and punish the poor for apparently not having a pot to piss in.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 9:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Conservatives might be more palatable if they didn't revere the rich as our "most productive citizens." Where does that leave the rest of us, other than second class citizens? America is about equality, regardless if you're the CEO of a multi-billion corporation, or if you're living on welfare. But I see little regard for equality among conservatives, as they want to reward the rich for all their achievement, and punish the poor for apparently not having a pot to piss in.

Being rich and being productive do no correlate exactly.

ruveyn

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 9:23 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

Success is meaningless without the possibility of failure.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 9:27 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

Oh, absolutely! But that logic doesn't fit with the right wing propaganda. But you know, it doesn't matter if they're productive or not; they, and the job creator, and the single mother on welfare are all equals - or at least they should be regarded as such in America. Unfortunately, that's not how it looks to the right's perception of how things should be.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 9:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

Oh, absolutely! But that logic doesn't fit with the right wing propaganda. But you know, it doesn't matter if they're productive or not; they, and the job creator, and the single mother on welfare are all equals - or at least they should be regarded as such in America. Unfortunately, that's not how it looks to the right's perception of how things should be.

What's the point of success if it is guarenteed?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

You are missing the point. The -real- work in this country is done by the grunts: engineers, technicians, muscular laborer who move stuff and get dirty, drivers, divers, climbers etc. etc. The -suits- very often do nothing to earn their rather large pay checks. They manipulate symbols and do very little to add to the stock of -real- capital (nuts and bolts) or provide real value, like the food we eat. There are two classes: grunts and suits. The grunts are the true creators of our prosperity and our wealth. The suits very often do little of productive worth and mostly get in the way of the grunts.

Every now and again a grunt gets a real good idea and a load and starts a productive business. When the business starts to run on its own that enterpriser becomes a suit. He ceases to create and begins to manage. What the managers and manipulators ought to do is take time off from their pursuits of little value and do some -real- work that transforms the world and makes our lives better and more prosperous. Guys who cobble together derivatives and tranches produce no wealth whatsoever. People who profit from arbitrage produce no wealth whatsoever but they do, rather often, become rich. Such is the system we live under.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 9:41 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

What's the point of success if it is guarenteed?

When did I once say that success had to be guaranteed? I'm talking about how all Americans are of equal worth, regardless of who they are. Or does worth as an individual depend on wealth and achievement to you?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 10:20 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

You are missing the point. The -real- work in this country is done by the grunts: engineers, technicians, muscular laborer who move stuff and get dirty, drivers, divers, climbers etc. etc. The -suits- very often do nothing to earn their rather large pay checks. They manipulate symbols and do very little to add to the stock of -real- capital (nuts and bolts) or provide real value, like the food we eat. There are two classes: grunts and suits. The grunts are the true creators of our prosperity and our wealth. The suits very often do little of productive worth and mostly get in the way of the grunts.

Every now and again a grunt gets a real good idea and a load and starts a productive business. When the business starts to run on its own that enterpriser becomes a suit. He ceases to create and begins to manage. What the managers and manipulators ought to do is take time off from their pursuits of little value and do some -real- work that transforms the world and makes our lives better and more prosperous. Guys who cobble together derivatives and tranches produce no wealth whatsoever. People who profit from arbitrage produce no wealth whatsoever but they do, rather often, become rich. Such is the system we live under.

ruveyn

It's a touch disconcerting to see you espousing Communist ideologies.