Is there anything to "Men's Rights" groups?

Page 14 of 14 [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm

Metalwolf wrote:
LKL wrote:
Metalwolf wrote:
EsotericResearch wrote:
A link has been embedded in my previous post for your perusal, but I get the feeling that you don't seek to peruse it. Your loss.
There was no way to tell you had imbedded a link, as the hyperlinked text is the same color as the regular text.

For LKL, Hypergamy is the practice of marrying into or above one's own caste or status. 8)

I'm aware of that. What I wanted to point out was the MRA use of the term, which usually implies or explicitely states that the term is only relevant to women, and that any woman will abandon or cheat on an established partner the instant one of higher social status appears.
OK, I get ya :wink:

Although it is interesting... This idea that women will willingly leave a partner over someone who is 'higher status' seems to to have it's mirror insecurity in the one for women, in that men will willingly leave their partner for someone who is prettier and younger.

I wonder if these MRA men would consider leaving an established partner for a 'younger model' as a "man thing" or is it their general creed to stay and be faithful, as it's only a woman that has the tendency to stray?

you're being too rational :wink:
MRAs talk about 'trading up' to a younger, prettier woman as if it's natural, logical, and good for society, at the same time that women who do the same are described as selfish, disloyal home-wreckers incapable of love, who are actively destroying the fabric of society. Sometimes you see the converse in women's forums.

In general, women initiate divorce more often than men do, but they usually do so to get away from a husband that they dislike rather than because they've found someone else.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 4:20 pm

My god.........I actually sat through this whole thread. :x

I choose to identify as feminist(just one label among many) and I tend to date feminist women. While I'm not rolling in sex, I get laid with some regularity. It seems to me that all these hostile opinions towards the concept of feminism are coming from people who don't actually know any feminist women IRL (doesn't surprise me based on the deficits in social capability on this board) and are just basing there opinions on stereotypes.

If you have encountered an actual feminist, it wouldn't surprise me that they had an issue with you. Most people regardless of gender don't like being demonized.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 3:48 pm

Metalwolf wrote:
Hypergamy is the practice of marrying into or above one's own caste or status. 8)

For every hypergamist, there is exactly one hypogamist. So, things even out, in the aggregate.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 4:22 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Metalwolf wrote:
Hypergamy is the practice of marrying into or above one's own caste or status. 8)

For every hypergamist, there is exactly one hypogamist. So, things even out, in the aggregate.

Harems. :shameonyou:

What you are describing is hyperhypomonogamy. Tsk, tsk.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 1:37 pm

Well, yes. And then there are the serial hypogamists, like Donald Trump.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2013, 3:10 pm

You're right - I didn't read the article. I assumed it was only there as a footnote/reference. :p

It's a good, moderate article; I'm bookmarking it under my 'feminist resources' tab.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2013, 6:30 pm

Is this one better?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2013, 7:00 pm

I don't get the spider,that's a female spider.She is carrying her babies with her and it's not a black widow or recluse.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 12:17 am

Cant' see it, AP.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 7:58 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxtj_BDy7_o[/youtube]

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 8:08 am

LKL wrote:
Metalwolf wrote:
EsotericResearch wrote:
A link has been embedded in my previous post for your perusal, but I get the feeling that you don't seek to peruse it. Your loss.
There was no way to tell you had imbedded a link, as the hyperlinked text is the same color as the regular text.

For LKL, Hypergamy is the practice of marrying into or above one's own caste or status. 8)

I'm aware of that. What I wanted to point out was the MRA use of the term, which usually implies or explicitely states that the term is only relevant to women, and that any woman will abandon or cheat on an established partner the instant one of higher social status appears.

Some interesting survey results

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/2 ... 83741.html

Quote:
...According to a new survey by MillionaireMatch.com, a dating site for millionaires, rich men have very different dating preferences than their female counterparts.

The site surveyed a random sample of nearly 15,000 of their members in order to discern what type of people millionaires prefer to date. The results revealed that the vast majority of millionaire men, 79.6 percent, seek out non-millionaire women, while 84.5 percent of the female millionaires would prefer to date another millionaire.

Darren Shuster, a representative for MillionaireMatch.com, said in a press release that one of the reasons rich men don't want to date rich women is because they want a partner they can take care of.

“We were very surprised to learn that the great majority of our male millionaire members sought non-millionaires,” said Shuster. “It seems that financially independent men want to share their wealth with those less fortunate. With women, the story is much different.”

The female millionaires surveyed indicated that they are “not looking to take care of anybody" and would prefer a financially stable partner

The survey also found that the rich women would be more careful with their wealth if they entered into a marriage than the rich men. Eighty-two percent of the female respondents said they would insist on a prenuptial agreement, while only 17.4 percent of the male respondents would do the same....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOMkcJy-i4Q[/youtube]

Interesting, but not surprising, findings. It seems that most women won't stoop to hypogamy, even if they possess a lot of spare cash and could easily support a poor man. But, a lot of rich men would be up for taking in a poor hypergamous woman.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 8:10 am

Misslizard wrote:
I don't get the spider,that's a female spider.She is carrying her babies with her and it's not a black widow or recluse.

Yeah, I know. The artist must have been a neurotypical. :roll: