If there was an Autistic state would you migrate there?

Page 14 of 17 [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Would you move to a state for ASD people?
Yes 32%  32%  [ 28 ]
No 55%  55%  [ 48 ]
Maybe (state why) 14%  14%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 88

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 11:09 am

thomas81 wrote:
...and what? I know NTs who are also horribly unpragmatic. Hell, i can think of unpragmatic NTs who already are heads of state.

There may be pragmatists in the mix, but when the concept of the state itself is so fundamentally unpragmatic, it is not a good start.

thomas81 wrote:
If you believe that Autistics can't govern their own affairs, then you believe that they are at least worse than NT's which places you closer to the camp that we think we can't do good. The idea of an autistic nation is a strive towards equality.

I’m the camp that says it is a disadvantageous to form a society based only one type of neurotype, this is just as flawed as the whole Eugenics idea and not really tolerance.

So you are saying that the answer to equality is segregation, or only having one neurotype running things? I see it more as a fear of these mythical Nts. I wonder if you accept Nts to the degree you wish them to accept you.

thomas81 wrote:
Jewish people generally don't get a choice where they are born either, nonetheless Israel was still formed. While I personally detest the policies of the state of Israel it is hard to deny that the stake of Jewish people, especially in the middle east has improved..

The difference is that ASD is cross heritage, you have NT member of the family, it might occur is a family with not history of ASD, or skip generations. You may end up within a few generations much of the population not being on the spectrum clinically speaking.

ASD is a neurotype, it is not personality, it is not an ethnicity, or even a distinct cultural group. You could say there a degree of a culture on WP, but this is not inspite of other cultures, on the contrary is is a subculture.

thomas81 wrote:
I haven't ignored this point. However you did ignore where i said that my acquaintance has identified an unwanted land area in Europe and is travelling there this April to investigate the feasibility of establishing a state there.

thomas81 wrote:
This wouldnt be the case as the land area my contact is interested in represents a political conflict of interest to local countries to regard as their own territory. No countries would be giving up land since they aren't regarding it as theirs in the first place.

All I can say is I wait with with bated breath. I'm interested to know where this place is an why no one has been interested in it before?

Nation states need certain ingredient before you even consider population.

How are you going to build the economy, what resources has it got. Have you consider how trade relations would work? Does it have ports, or trade connections?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 11:25 am

Quote:
If there was an Autistic state would you migrate there?

no. i am already in an autistic state and i am happy where i am.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 11:40 am

thomas81 wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

Yes but ASD people don't get a choice where they are born.

So you aren't really helping are you?

Jewish people generally don't get a choice where they are born either, nonetheless Israel was still formed. While I personally detest the policies of the state of Israel it is hard to deny that the stake of Jewish people, especially in the middle east has improved.
0_equals_true wrote:
Also you ignore the point about there being no land to form such a nation.

I haven't ignored this point. However you did ignore where i said that my acquaintance has identified an unwanted land area in Europe and is travelling there this April to investigate the feasibility of establishing a state there.
0_equals_true wrote:

You have a better chance through advocacy, than trying to convince counties to give up land.

This wouldnt be the case as the land area my contact is interested in represents a political conflict of interest to local countries to regard as their own territory. No countries would be giving up land since they aren't regarding it as theirs in the first place.

You and your acquaintance should heed Booyakasha's warnings about this area. You are proposing to settle on land that is a combination of:
1)inhabited by very territorial people
2)uninhabited because there are still land mines

Hopefully the locals will not realize the true purpose of your acquaintance's visit, or will mistake it as a desire to buy some parcel of property from them. (Whether it is theirs to sell will not be relevant.) The locals may even look on with bemusement as new people move in and attempt to settle some piece of land. They will be far less bemused at any attempts to keep them off this land since you have declared it yours.

This is such a dangerous undertaking that hopefully the idea will die with this acquaintance's visit when s/he sees how unfeasible it is. Hopefully the idea dies before any people actually do. Because the idea is just that dangerous.

You had better stop detesting the policies of the state of Israel in a hurry because those policies are what is needed when you create a country out of land other people are already living on. That the governance over those people is obscure because it doesn't officially belong to a country makes it more dangerous, not less.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 12:02 pm

Yeah, the court in Haag has just the other day dismissed the accusations of both sides of genocide (Croatia sued Serbia, Serbia sued Croatia a few years ago) and these nations here will allow third state to come inbetween them???? That would be funny if it weren't naive.

http://www.dw.de/icj-dismisses-genocide ... a-18231492

They don't even know what "Aspergers" means! They know about severely affected autistic individuals who they consider to be ret*d, but people here who'd suffered so much through two world wars, concentration camps in Croatia, slaughters executed by communists at Bleiburg and other places....followed by minor incidents after the II. WW and Croatian war for independence will not allow anyone to in between....especially since antagonisms still aren't over.

Don't worry Janissy, sooner will Earth start to turn around the Moon, than they'll be successful in their plan of creating such a state in this area.

I saw pictures of Croatian ustashi warriors using a saw to cut one Serb's throat...and pictures of starved Serbian children in the concentration camps...pictures of Serbian babies shot dead few decades ago....and of course that was followed by the retribution of some Serbian military formations, who did the same to Croats and Muslims....so creating a state here is beyond sanity. Who rational would want to live so close to such people?

It's been said that such massive slaughter as was executed by my compatriots in Jasenovac and Stara Gradiška was only superseded by similar German endeavours or possibly genocides persecuted in some African countries during the last few decades...but come if you like.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 2:08 pm

thomas81 wrote:
DOJ wrote:
As long as it was in America .

I am afraid there is no unclaimed or unwanted territories left in either of the American continents.

I don't know; there are still hippie communes and unfortunately white supremacist camps scattered throughout the endless, Sasquatch haunted woods here in the Pacific Northwest, if you're looking for something on a smaller scale.

o0iella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Feb 2015, 8:03 pm

Quote:
I still vote for setting up an Autist phyle, with communes and enclaves all around the world. Come up with a few good business ideas to employ the members, split the shares 50-50 between the employee-owners and the phyle, get enough money to fund the support needed. Run schools, sheltered housing, those sorts of things.

In Siga, any money raised wouldn't be taxed by governments. So it could raise money, and distribute that to autistic communes?

Quote:
I saw pictures of Croatian ustashi warriors using a saw to cut one Serb's throat...and pictures of starved Serbian children in the concentration camps...pictures of Serbian babies shot dead few decades ago....and of course that was followed by the retribution of some Serbian military formations, who did the same to Croats and Muslims....so creating a state here is beyond sanity. Who rational would want to live so close to such people?

Equally horrible things have happened in Egypt and Sudan much more recently. Even you must admit, Booya that these countries are much more brutal and backward than yours.

Yet somebody has successfully claimed territory and founded a state that was sandwiched between those two countries. Don't believe me? Google Jeremiah Heaton!

Quote:
Don't worry Janissy, sooner will Earth start to turn around the Moon,

Well, if you use the moon as a central point of reference, the earth does "turn around" it :-p

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 8:09 pm

o0iella wrote:
Yet somebody has successfully claimed territory and founded a state that was sandwiched between those two countries. Don't believe me? Google Jeremiah Heaton!

How do you define "successfully"?

I guess that "successfully" could mean that he traveled there and made a bogus claim for the territory, not that he was actually able to acquire possession of it.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 8:22 pm

JitakuKeibiinB wrote:
What do you do with the NT offspring of autistic parents? Give them ABA?

That would be the bottom line for me-- In an all-autistic state, I'd have to either leave my kids behind or subject them to what would, at the end of the day, be the same thing I went through as a spectrumite in NT Land.

I want to believe that I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, never mind my beloved child (and I had it pretty easy as ASD kid life goes).

Even if we weren't cruel to NT children in AutLand, they would still suffer from being the odd ducks out, from feeling like freaks. Being wired to be more socially constructed, that would probably be even more miserable for them than it is for us.

Too, an ASD state free of NT influence probably wouldn't fare any better than an NT state free of ASD influence. The NTs could all sit around a freeze while socializing in the dark, and we could all hang out with our books and computers and starve to death because we refrained from interacting with each other. Absurd exaggeration, but-- the typical neurotype may be favored in this world, but the real fact is that one is not inherently and objectively better than the other in the final analysis. H. thinks-its-so-damn-sapiens needs both, and others (I dunno what those damn ADHDers are good for, but I know we need 'em-- hey, maybe we can pack 'em all off to colonize Mars!! !), in order to survive as we've done for the past few millennia.

Neurodiversity is part of why we're still here. And "diversity" means ASD and ADHD and everything else (except maybe the f*****g narcissists-- I really don't know what an uncontrolled narcissist is good for, I really don't), including the "NT".

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 8:42 pm

If you want to go down the "genocide" road-- which I will in no way, shape, or form deny is just over the horizon, and not just for us but for all the "disabled"-- please consider this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hiding ... (biography)

The ten Boom family weren't the only ones. By any stretch of the imagination. How many Jews got through, or got out of Europe alive, because of "Aryan" or "gentile" sympathizers??

Enough to populate Israel a few times over??

Who eventually took up arms and put a stop to it all?? The Armies of Jacob?? The Homosexual Battalion?? The Romani Corps?? The Disabled Detail??

Try again. Try EVERYBODY. Good people, who were not willing to allow evil men to win by doing nothing.

"To bow and sue for grace with suppliant knee, that were an ignomy beneath this fall," and all that. I'm not (quite) talking about sucking NT cock and pleading for them to use their great superiority to protect our miserable lives in exchange for our grateful servitude throughout the generations or any suchlike as that, but we'll do better for our ability to survive by working hard to take care of ourselves, looking out for our neighbors, and generally being part of society.

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 12:52 am

o0iella wrote:

And how many states have recognized his claim? Or have taken in serious.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 1:13 am

Sigbold wrote:
o0iella wrote:

And how many states have recognized his claim? Or have taken in serious.

Him and his "princess" would might be arrested if they actually made a serious effort.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 2:19 am

o0iella wrote:

Equally horrible things have happened in Egypt and Sudan much more recently. Even you must admit, Booya that these countries are much more brutal and backward than yours.

well take a look, if you can stomach it - I can't:

in Egypt and Sudan they butchered babies and small children after they had starved them? On a massive scale, in concentration camps? Used special knife to cut their throats?

and majority of people there who know about it are proud of that fact, and even singing "patriotic" songs about it?

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 2:57 am

These people here are so stuck in the middle ages - when I confronted my mother about Jasenovac, she said "Well they should have been killed!" :roll:

yeah, let's just kill those who don't share the same religious leader...even though we came as a single tribe here so many centuries ago, and share basically the same language...but let's just kill each other off, since that makes us feel so powerful and patriotic.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 3:58 am

BuyerBeware wrote:
If you want to go down the "genocide" road-- which I will in no way, shape, or form deny is just over the horizon, and not just for us but for all the "disabled"-- please consider this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hiding ... (biography)

The ten Boom family weren't the only ones. By any stretch of the imagination. How many Jews got through, or got out of Europe alive, because of "Aryan" or "gentile" sympathizers??

Enough to populate Israel a few times over??

Who eventually took up arms and put a stop to it all?? The Armies of Jacob?? The Homosexual Battalion?? The Romani Corps?? The Disabled Detail??

Try again. Try EVERYBODY. Good people, who were not willing to allow evil men to win by doing nothing.

"To bow and sue for grace with suppliant knee, that were an ignomy beneath this fall," and all that. I'm not (quite) talking about sucking NT cock and pleading for them to use their great superiority to protect our miserable lives in exchange for our grateful servitude throughout the generations or any suchlike as that, but we'll do better for our ability to survive by working hard to take care of ourselves, looking out for our neighbors, and generally being part of society.

my dear compatriots executed cca 30 000 Jews as well, not with gas chambers, but knives, hammers, saws since apparently victims weren't worthy of bullets:

http://www.jpost.com/Magazine/Opinion/T ... ust-314896

Quote:
But how many of us have heard of Jasenovac or the horrors that were perpetrated there by Croatian fascists? Known as “the Auschwitz of the Balkans,” it was the largest of a network of camps established by the independent state of Croatia, which the Nazis set up on April 10, 1941.

Hitler assigned the task of ruling Croatia to Ante Pavelic, head of the fascist Ustashe movement, which vowed to rid the country of Serbs, Jews and other minorities.

Following in the Germans’ footsteps, Pavelic passed racial laws against the Jews, imposed restrictions on their freedom of movement and banned them from various professions.

Ultimately, the Ustashe murdered more than 30,000 Jews, or 75 percent of the country’s prewar Jewish community.

But it was the two million Serbs then living in Croatia who were the primary targets of Pavelic and his quislings.

With a bloodlust rivaled only by that of their Nazi patrons, the Ustashe set about the task of “cleansing” Croatian soil by torching Serb villages, beheading priests and herding Serbian worshipers into Orthodox churches before setting them alight. Over 200,000 Serbs were forcibly converted to Catholicism, with the active help and encouragement of the Archbishop of Zagreb, Aloysius Stepinac.

But it was at the Jasenovac camp that the Croats unleashed their most bestial cruelty, by many accounts killing at least several hundred thousand people in an orgy of indescribable savagery.

Jasenovac had no gas chambers or murder machines, so each killing had to be carried out the old-fashioned way: with knives, bars, axes or even hammers.

If Auschwitz was the epitome of mechanized murder, Jasenovac was the embodiment of manually orchestrated massacre.

In an interview that appeared earlier this month in the Serbian newspaper Politika, Jasa Almuli, a 95-year old author and journalist who previously served as president of the Belgrade Jewish community, described Jasenovac as “barbaric,” saying that “the murders were predominantly carried out manually.”

“Very seldom did they use bullets,” he said, “because they believed the victims ‘didn’t merit it.’” Almuli went on to describe some of the Ustashe’s methods, which included cutting out the eyes of their victims and slitting their throats, throwing live prisoners into brick furnaces and poisoning children.

The Ustashe even employed a special knife they called a “Srbosjek”, or “Serb-cutter,” to slaughter as many Serbs as possible.

There are numerous detailed accounts of the malevolence that was perpetrated at the camp. Eduard Sajer, a Jew from southeastern Bosnia and Herzegovina, was imprisoned in Jasenovac in November 1941. His parents and four of his five siblings were murdered there, and in an interview for the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, he recounted some of the Ustashe’s chilling practices, which included the use of blowtorches and welding rods for torturing inmates.

Sajer also described how his younger brother was bludgeoned to death by Croatian guards with a sledgehammer before his own eyes, and how he watched in horror as a group of Jews from Sarajevo were burned alive.

After the war and the establishment of Communist Yugoslavia, the camp was bulldozed and Yugoslav leader Josip Broz Tito sought to suppress the story of Jasenovac because he didn’t want it getting in the way of creating a new Yugoslav identity.

As a result, Croats were not forced to come to terms with their past or their dark deeds, a reality that continued even after the demise of Yugoslavia and Croatian independence.

Indeed, even though Croatian leaders have traveled to Jerusalem to offer words of apology at the Knesset, the legacy of the Ustashe remains very much alive and even admired among some Croats.

For example, a year and a half ago, in December 2011, large memorial masses were held in two Catholic churches in the Croatian cities of Zagreb and Split for Ustashe leader Pavelic, despite the fact that he was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

Can you imagine a similar event taking place in Rome for Mussolini or in Berlin for Hitler? One of the most popular musical groups in Croatia, the Thompson rock band, has drawn tens of thousands to its concerts, where many young people have come proudly dressed in Ustashe uniforms. The band has also included Ustashe slogans in some of its songs, and has even sung lyrics calling for the elimination of Serbs.

A key part of the problem lies in the fact that the memorial museum erected by Croatia at the Jasenovac site seems to have been deliberately designed to obfuscate the true nature of what took place there.

According to Dr. Efraim Zuroff of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, the exhibition at Jasenovac is an “educational disaster.” He says that it “speaks of the Ustashe without explaining who they are or even what their ideology was,” and that it does not even contain any photos of the Ustashe commanders of the camp or those who perpetrated the mass murder.

“If they don’t teach properly about what the Ustashe did at Jasenovac,” Zuroff told me, “one can only imagine what they are teaching in the schools in Croatia.”

A few weeks ago, a former board member of the Jasenovac museum also raised serious concerns about the nature of the exhibition. In a letter addressed to foreign ambassadors in Zagreb, Julija Kos said that the museum display presented a false image of what took place, calling it “blurred” and “systematic in avoiding a clear presentation of the information.” For over seven years, Kos wrote, she had “persistently pleaded with high government officials to do something to fix the problem,” but they had refused.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 5:04 am

And here comes the video from the mass held in the middle of the Zagreb for Ante Pavelić two months ago. Imagine priests commemorating masses for Hitler in Berlin or for Mussolini in Rome :roll: But yeah, every year on the day he died in Buenos Aires - he wasn't ever prosecuted for his crimes since first Vatican and then some other states were protecting him - masses are being held in his honour in Zagreb and Split.

This priest is convinced Pavelić is in heaven at the moment and playing with innocent children. And while he is a bit cuckoo, those who came wearing shirts with ustashi symbols are potentially dangerous as well:

http://www.lupiga.com/vijesti/nevini-zl ... a-pavelica

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 9:04 am

Janissy wrote:

You had better stop detesting the policies of the state of Israel in a hurry because those policies are what is needed when you create a country out of land other people are already living on. That the governance over those people is obscure because it doesn't officially belong to a country makes it more dangerous, not less.

There is no one currently living in Siga, not only that, neither of the neighbouring countries want it because to exert a claim represents a conflict of interest as i said.

The same cannot be said for Palestine at the time that the Israelis invaded because both parties very much wanted the land and it was inhabited.

My deviant art profile