Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2006, 4:06 pm

Ladysmokeater wrote:
can we keep this thread positive and not a bashing thread also, 'cause I really dont want the hassel. thanks!!
Well, I'd like to take this occassion to point out that the main reason the more dogmatic religions are attacked so often is that their adherents have a nasty habit of entering any discussion on the subject with the sole aim of bringing as many people as possible around to their own point of view, considering retaining the opinions they began the discussion with the only acceptable outcome. This is proper reason to kick them in the nads repeatedly until they pitch up everything they've eaten for the past two days. A Wiccan, on the other hand, is assumed to be more interested in personal growth, which is welcome anywhere, making them difficult not to like. Ahem...until, of course, you meet one who's just as dogmatic and annoying as the worst fundie you've ever known, in which case the earlier suggestion of violence applies.

krist
Raven
Raven

23 Dec 2006, 3:04 pm

666 wrote:
There's a little pagan in all of us. Celebrate Christmas or Easter? Guess what, you're a pagan. 8)
not true at all. i have read into this BS and it is BS!
i can post a long ass catholic rant about it. NO; i'm not a dambed catholic.

krist
Raven
Raven

23 Dec 2006, 3:06 pm

Scrapheap wrote:
Tequila wrote:
666 wrote:
Celebrate Christmas or Easter? Guess what, you're a pagan. 8)

So can you be a pagan if you only pretend to celebrate Christmas 'cause it's an excuse for a vast dinner? :P

Dec. 25 is the Roman Pagan holiday for winter solstice. Constatine the Great decided to celebrate the birth of Jesus on this day to supress paganisim. Most historians agree that Jesus (if he actually existed) was likely born in late spring or early summer.

The word easter comes from the pagan godess Eaoster. One of her exploits was turning a chicken into a rabbit (hence a bunny who brings eggs).

this is not so this is a lie that even some christians support again i can supply amply evidance this is incorrect. and this historian thing is not supported by facts eather.

krist
Raven
Raven

23 Dec 2006, 3:07 pm

Scrapheap wrote:
Ladysmokeater wrote:
Hey, I was wondering is the pagan/wicca/new age community represented here at all?

can we keep this thread positive and not a bashing thread also, 'cause I really dont want the hassel. thanks!!

I don't see christians as having a right to bash wicca a second time. They did it in te early dark ages and murdered millions of good people in the process. They still have'nt apologised or made repairations!! !
more bull shite and wicca is a new religion comrade. more crap..

krist
Raven
Raven

23 Dec 2006, 3:09 pm

Minerva wrote:
Aeriel wrote:
I don't see christians as having a right to bash wicca a second time. They did it in te early dark ages and murdered millions of good people in the process. They still have'nt apologised or made repairations!! !

That would be due to the fact that Wicca didn't exist until around the 1950s, and most of the amount of people prosecuted during the so-called burning times were not in the millions, and nearly all of them were in fact Christians. Anyone interested in the subject of witch persecutions should read this article-

http://www.crisismagazine.com/october2001/feature1.htm

While it does have a Catholic bias, it is much more historicly correct than most of Wiccan related sites online.

so true!

krist
Raven
Raven

23 Dec 2006, 3:10 pm

i am of the theory of gods grace. good pagans have it alot better then bad christians..