You know you're a sniveling liberal when...

Page 3 of 15 [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 10:47 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
But I think if you identify with the folks in this video.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2LBICPEK6w[/youtube]

:lol:
Or these people...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msEfgBfXAW0[/youtube]
I need to watch this show.

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 11:28 am

-- knowledge is a more important factor than fear in your decision making.

-- you don't deny what is real just because it conflicts with what you want to believe, or if it somehow interferes with your making money.

-- you have compassion for others.

-- you have tolerance for others' viewpoints.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

TheBicyclingGuitarist wrote:

Explains why liberals use the appeal to emotion tactic in debates rather than actually debating on the facts and logic.

-- you don't deny what is real just because it conflicts with what you want to believe, or if it somehow interferes with your making money.

If you're talking about Global Warming, I'm going to turn tables on this argument. You know you're a liberal when you have to tamper with the results of a scientific study so it will fit with your beliefs.

Yeah you guys are so compassionate for down syndrome people that you advocating killing them before they ever get to see the world outside of the parent's womb.

In reality the left feigns compassion while they are really looking to gain more power. The left promotes the victimhood mentality, where people are dependent on the government for everything, and encourages people to blame those whom are actually successful through their own hard work.

The most intolerant people I have met are liberals. Liberals are only for tolerance when it is something they agree with.

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

Explains why liberals use the appeal to emotion tactic in debates rather than actually debating on the facts and logic.

It would help if conservatives admitted to what the facts actually are, instead of distorting or denying what is real on several issues.

Inuyasha wrote:

If you're talking about Global Warming, I'm going to turn tables on this argument. You know you're a liberal when you have to tamper with the results of a scientific study so it will fit with your beliefs.

I was referring more to the insane denial of evolution by many conservatives, which is just as stupid as thinking the earth is really flat in spite of all the evidence. But you want global warming? Fine. The scientific consensus is that it is happening, and that human activity undoubtedly has made it happen faster than it would otherwise. Those are the facts, like them or not. Of course those who are counting on making more money from fossil fuels do not like this truth.

Inuyasha wrote:

Yeah you guys are so compassionate for down syndrome people that you advocating killing them before they ever get to see the world outside of the parent's womb.

In reality the left feigns compassion while they are really looking to gain more power. The left promotes the victimhood mentality, where people are dependent on the government for everything, and encourages people to blame those whom are actually successful through their own hard work.

The most intolerant people I have met are liberals. Liberals are only for tolerance when it is something they agree with.

About compassion: the Ayn Rand mentality of some on the right is selfish and brutal and conflicts with what Jesus taught, which is odd because many on the right also claim to be hardcore Christians. As for intolerance, look at the recent budget debate. Those on the left were willing to compromise, to move closer to the other side's position for the good of the country even if they didn't agree with those views. Those on the right were willing to see America destroyed rather than bend an inch. And they call themselves patriots?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 2:15 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

It would help if conservatives admitted to what the facts actually are, instead of distorting or denying what is real on several issues.

No, you are asking Conservatives to simply LIE and cave into the left on everything.

Inuyasha wrote:

I was referring more to the insane denial of evolution by many conservatives, which is just as stupid as thinking the earth is really flat in spite of all the evidence. But you want global warming? Fine. The scientific consensus is that it is happening, and that human activity undoubtedly has made it happen faster than it would otherwise. Those are the facts, like them or not. Of course those who are counting on making more money from fossil fuels do not like this truth.

I don't really care what the "scientists" are saying since there is evidence they fudged their numbers.

Inuyasha wrote:

One doesn't feign compassion. Either you have it or you don't. The Ayn Rand mentality of some on the right is brutal, and conflicts with what Jesus taught, which is odd because many on the right also claim to be hardcore Christians. As for intolerance, look at the recent budget debate. Those on the left were willing to compromise, to move closer to the other side's position for the good of the country even if they didn't agree with those views. Those on the right were willing to see America destroyed rather than bend an inch. And they call themselves patriots?

Conservatives have compassion, you just need to learn there is a line between Compassion and just being gullible.

As for your comment about the left being willing to compromise, that's a load of bull**** and you know it. Republicans know better than to trust democrats when it comes to spending cuts, cause the last time there was a deal like this, the spending cuts never materialized, but the tax hikes did happen.

The Republicans want to balance the Federal Budget, I don't see how being fiscally responsible is such a dangerous concept.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 2:20 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
nobody thinks msnbc is unbiased.
But I think if you identify with the folks in this video.

Talk about pretentious! I've never seen anyone act like that, liberal or not, in the St. Louis area. If that's typical behavior in Portland, Oregon, I wouldn't want to move there!

It's a gross exaggeration of regional tendencies, sorta like Fargo was to the Upper Midwest/Great Plains.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 2:36 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
I don't really care what the "scientists" are saying since there is evidence they fudged their numbers.

Conservatives need to stop with the lies and slander.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 2:49 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
The Republicans want to balance the Federal Budget.

Correction: Republicans want to cause a double-dip recession with all their obstructionism and fear-mongering regarding the federal budget and then blame Obama for causing said recession. It is a brilliant, if not short-sighted, strategy. If they do manage to get a rabid teabagger in the oval office in 2013 who will ram through massive draconian budget cuts, tax cuts for the wealthy, and a complete dismantling of the social safety net, including all unemployment benefits, we might be facing Great Depression II and a humanitarian disaster the likes of which hasn't been seen in all of recent history.

Last edited by marshall on 03 Sep 2011, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 3:13 pm

How about "you have a sense of humor about everyone else's beliefs but not your own"? I see a lot of the same people who were ruthlessly mocking conservatism in the other thread getting pretty defensive in this one, so I'd say it fits.

- Rick Sanchez

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 3:14 pm

Dox47 wrote:
How about "you have a sense of humor about everyone else's beliefs but not your own"? I see a lot of the same people who were ruthlessly mocking conservatism in the other thread getting pretty defensive in this one, so I'd say it fits.

You know you're a liberal when you realize that during a comedic roast it's customary to bite back.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 3:38 pm

Dox47 wrote:

Oh come off it. Please point out a thread where conservatives do not take their own beliefs seriously. Your pretension of being an ultra-rational and unbiased debater playing "devils advocate" is getting old.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 3:46 pm

marshall wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Oh come off it. Please point out a thread where conservatives do not take their own beliefs seriously. Your pretension of being an ultra-rational and unbiased debater playing "devils advocate" is getting old.

We may take our beliefs seriously, but we are able to poke fun at ourselves when we want to, furthermore you don't see me going ballistic about the comedy routine in that other thread.

Btw, I can't help the fact you are offended by the truth.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 3:55 pm

marshall wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Now, now. It's not like conservatives got defensive in that other thread, it's not like it was particularly evident starting at the 5th post.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt49231.html

Or that other conservatives made a shoot-load of objections to various statements early on in that other thread.

It's also not like two left-leaning posters have posted material from a sketch comedy show mocking the liberalness of a Western US city. Surely, if liberals had the humour to do that, Dox47 wouldn't be lamenting them!

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 4:09 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
marshall wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Now, now. It's not like conservatives got defensive in that other thread, it's not like it was particularly evident starting at the 5th post.

Or that other conservatives made a shoot-load of objections to various statements early on in that other thread.

It's also not like two left-leaning posters have posted material from a sketch comedy show mocking the liberalness of a Western US city. Surely, if liberals had the humour to do that, Dox47 wouldn't be lamenting them!

Uh calling people Nazis in a nonserious thread isn't humorous, it is more of flamebait.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
marshall wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Uh calling people Nazis in a nonserious thread isn't humorous, it is more of flamebait.

hee hee ina can't read but still he types.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 11:11 pm

...when you recycle religiously, but still get a new computer/smartphone every year.

...when you spend more money on your pets than you do on your human family members.

(neither of these apply to me, but they fit as satire)