Page 3 of 34 [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 3:07 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
NaturalEntity wrote:
But at the same time anti-Semitism is unacceptable and must be punished.

But that is not what is happening. Disney has made a business decision not to employ a professional actor because that actor, who is a defacto representative of that organization, used their public platform to propagate ideas that do not coincide with the company's values. They are not punishing her. She can still say these things. She can still find employment somewhere else. The problem is her unprofessional conduct cost her her job. I am truly sorry for her.

True.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 3:45 pm

"Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 3:49 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

I couldn't agree more. Republicans tolerating the insurrection on our Capitol and showing apathy during the impeachment trail is shameful.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 3:50 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:
OutsideView wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Jiheisho wrote:

Thanks, that makes sense. I read it as meaning it could be the start of people being treated that way again rather than saying it is currently the same.

OutsideView, you were right to read it that way.

League Girl and Jiheisho are getting offended by what they're being told to feel offended by, and then trying to find a rationalization for it.

Who is giving me "offence" instructions? Do you actually have an argument? Personal attacks are just vacuous.

Last edited by Jiheisho on 12 Feb 2021, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 3:50 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

I couldn't agree more. Republicans tolerating the insurrection on our Capitol and showing apathy during the impeachment trail is shameful.

Absolutely.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 3:52 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

That's a fake quote.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 3:54 pm

Feyokien wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

That's a fake quote.

LOL

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 3:57 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
"Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." -- Aristotle
An astute observation of the Republican Party, although falsely attributed to Aristotle.  It does not appear in any books older than a decade or so, and mostly in self-published racist texts whose titles are not fit for posting on this website.

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a depraved society" is the correct quote, attributed to Dr. James Kennedy (an Evangelical preacher) and then Hutton Gibson (Holocaust Denier and father of Mel Gibson -- himself an anti-Semite and racist).

Once again, racism rears its ugly head in WrongPlanet.

Link to article on Hutton Gibson 

Link to article on Mel Gibson 

(NOTE: Edited to add links.)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 12 Feb 2021, 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 4:02 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
↑ This, for the win!  Thanks, Jiheisho!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 4:12 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:
OutsideView wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Jiheisho wrote:

Thanks, that makes sense. I read it as meaning it could be the start of people being treated that way again rather than saying it is currently the same.

OutsideView, you were right to read it that way.

League Girl and Jiheisho are getting offended by what they're being told to feel offended by, and then trying to find a rationalization for it.

No one tells me what things I should be offended by. I can think for myself, thanks.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 4:33 pm

League_Girl wrote:
No one tells me what things I should be offended by. I can think for myself, thanks.
Defenders of the Right seem to be shooting themselves in their own feet while figuratively shooting off their mouths.

:lol:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 4:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Defenders of the Right seem to be shooting themselves in their own feet while figuratively shooting off their mouths.

:lol:

It's crazy how the right wing think people are just sheeple when it's just fricken common sense like I didn't need a DMV test to tell me if I miss my exit, go get off at the next one and get back on and get off at the right exit. I already knew this and then I saw it on the test. But I guess we are all just sheeple when we all do this. :lol:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 4:49 pm

Funny story, when I was with my ex, we both listened to the Weird Al song Gump, parody of Lump, and he told me this song should be offending me and I was like "why?" and he said "because he is making fun of you" and I said "I'm not Gump and he isn't real" and he said "but you are a lot like him so you should be finding this offensive."

I still didn't get offended by the song just because my ex was telling me I should be finding it offensive. To me it was just a song about the film and I didn't see why I should make it be about me and get offended by it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 4:55 pm

There’s too many people getting offended by things which are fundamentally inoffensive.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 4:55 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Fnord wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
It's crazy how the right wing think people are just sheeple when it's just fricken common sense like I didn't need a DMV test to tell me if I miss my exit, go get off at the next one and get back on and get off at the right exit. I already knew this and then I saw it on the test. But I guess we are all just sheeple when we all do this.
The REAL sheeple are those who let the GOP, QAnon, Trump, and YouTube do their thinking for them!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 5:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There’s too many people getting offended by things which are fundamentally inoffensive.

I remember the time when Obama said he felt like he was in the special Olympics when he threw a bowling ball down the lane. He then apologized when too many people took offense. I for one saw nothing offensive about it. I was totally fine with how he felt. But he was the president so of course he apologized because he is a public figure and public figures are held to higher standards than we are.