Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

psych
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 8:42 pm

Dussel wrote:
And this will stop amok-running cells from multiplying like mad? Any studies? Any theories how this influences those cells? No? So how do you support this claim?

Yes, there have been theories with supportive studies.

Quote:

We do so since we started cooking, or even earlier. What do think what happens if you expose sugars and proteins to high heat? You find carcinogens in the crust of bread, in fried eggs etc. You find such substances in almost any food, but today less. In traditional food production no one had a clue what was going on.

The human body has a capacity to handle a certain amount of toxins, acrylamide in cooked food (for example) is something weve evolved with. But since the industrial era we have been busily inventing an array of new ones that do not occur in nature. Even as i type im inhaling pthalates, flame retardants etc.. the list seems endless when you start researching it.

Quote:
It was the modern medicine which banned mercury out of the pharmacy. "Traditional" medicine used mercury, arsenic and almost any kind of poison for treatment. The first Chinese Emperor has been treated, via the "mild natural" medicine with his daily ration of mercury - no wonder that he turned later mad. Traditional European medicine used e.g. Bella Donna. Hyoscyamus niger was used for beer making, etc.

mercury is still used as a preservative and in (conventional) dentistry.

Tropane alkaloids such as atropine and scopolamine are still used in modern medicine. In fact i think supplies of atropine may still be extracted from belladonna, rather than synthesized (but dont quote me on that)

Quote:
You have with modern medicine a much better surviving rate.

surviving what exactly?

Remember, a comprehensive list to modern medicine is easy to find (it has a multi-billion industry behind it) but a comprehensive guide to natural medicine less so.

i think there are simply too many variables (known & unknown) for either of us to draw a definitive conclusion, we can only share how we have reached our own opinions.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 8:48 pm

psych wrote:
Quote:

surviving what exactly?

Remember, a comprehensive list to modern medicine is easy to find (it has a multi-billion industry behind it) but a comprehensive guide to natural medicine less so.

i think there are simply too many variables (known & unknown) for either of us to draw a definitive conclusion, we can only share how we have reached our own opinions.

Again, the archaeological evidence is pretty unequivocal. If modern life is killing people, it's doing it very badly.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 8:58 pm

Dussel wrote:
There are no large mammal predators in Europe, even the European bear is smaller than the American on. The larges of the wild cats is the lynx and there no evidences on a un-natural dead. If people did died not by illnesses, they were kill by other people, but those are easily to spot by fractures of their bones.

a small bear is still scary!

psych wrote:
we can only guess at their lifespans in the absense of these factors, but i would suggest that their diets were
healthier than ours

Quote:
Let look into historical records - If you call a famine "healthy", their food was healthier. Meat in any form was reserved for special day. Fruits were only a available in spring, summer and autumn. The conservation of food is a creation of later centuries. So the most died not have a reasonable intake of vitamins during the time when the immune system was the weakest.

From the little ive researched into hunter-gatherer staples of britain, there are virtually no records (save from some shellfish & processed hazelnuts) I dont think evidence of fruit preservation would survive that timescale, but the processing of some fruits is simple enough and requires no technology besides heat.

the need to resort to archealogical records at all make european hunter-gatherers a poor source of comparison anyway - far better to study the records of indigineous tribes in austrailia, africa, america prior to 1st contact.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 9:07 pm

I quite like the idea that Prince Charles is the antichrist.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 9:07 pm

Dussel wrote:
psych wrote:
The trouble with europeans is to find a historical point where they could be considered at the same point as indiginous hunter-gatherer tribes, you have to go back virtually to pre-history. I am not sure that we have much archaelogical evidence, but that long ago the limits to lifespan would have included extra factors - direct physical threats such as cold, large mammal predators etc

There are no large mammal predators in Europe, even the European bear is smaller than the American on. The larges of the wild cats is the lynx and there no evidences on a un-natural dead. If people did died not by illnesses, they were kill by other people, but those are easily to spot by fractures of their bones.

Well, to be sure, the beginning of the neolithic in Europe was shortly after the extinctions of several of the Eurasian pleistocene megafauna, including cave bear, cave lion, woolly mammoth and wool rhinocerous which were probably fairly dangerous.

However, the roughly 30-35 year life expectancy holds for every hunter gatherer population including modern ones.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 9:09 pm

twoshots wrote:
psych wrote:
Quote:

surviving what exactly?

Again, the archaeological evidence is pretty unequivocal. If modern life is killing people, it's doing it very badly.

thats exactly what i mean though - comparing modern/ non-modern gives you a very clear overall picture with regards to lifespan overall - isolating specific factors is problematic.

Another factor which i dont think has been addressed is if we are to compare synthetic vs natural medicine in terms of overall spectrum of use, it is reasonable to discount from the synthetic side those drugs that were directly taken from natural sources.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 10:13 pm

psych wrote:
thats exactly what i mean though - comparing modern/ non-modern gives you a very clear overall picture with regards to lifespan overall - isolating specific factors is problematic.

So, in other words, the only evidence is unfavorable to your position, but that's okay because it may or may not disprove your position because it is too difficult to analyze. Then the same thing is returned 10 fold right back atcha: what reasons do you have that involve any substantial evidence to hold your position?

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 3:08 am

The NWO conspiracy is just an attempt by apologists of the capitalist system to try and explain the excesses of it. The NWO is the ruling class under another name.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 6:49 am

I read that the group of people who live longest are this tribe in Siberia who eat nothing but natural vegetable products.

y es como un semestre"

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 8:23 am

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
I read that the group of people who live longest are this tribe in Siberia who eat nothing but natural vegetable products.

That's incorrect. Due to cultural preferences for elders people have a tendency to exaggerate their ages, sometimes to the point of doubling or even tripling them.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 12:16 pm

That has never been scientifically verified. But it makes for a great yogurt commercial.

ruveyn

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:52 pm

ruveyn wrote:

That has never been scientifically verified. But it makes for a great yogurt commercial.

The reports of people getting very old always come from regions without a proper system of birth and dead certifications. If a French, US, British or German person claims to be very old it can be verified without any problems. In regions where birth certificates can be altered, are nor reliable or do not exist at all, such claims are almost worthless.

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 3:46 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MROMXNWVhXk[/youtube]

Berk
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Feb 2009, 4:16 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budwig

A good diet does not make as much money as chemo though.... :roll:

The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power, because they control the minds of the masses - Malcom X

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 5:42 pm

One question I must ask is, why would the global elites want people to live shorter lives? You can't make much money off a dead person.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 5:54 pm

The_Cucumber wrote:
One question I must ask is, why would the global elites want people to live shorter lives? You can't make much money off a dead person.

One doesn't generally make a lot of money off an old person either.