Page 25 of 100 [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 100  Next

15 Mar 2012, 2:43 pm

Vigilans wrote:
I feel sorry for the misogynist males. I have secured my spot for the future as part of the 10% permitted male population in the new Vaginarchy. You must welcome our feminine overlords with open arms and a big smile (and maybe breakfast in bed) if you wish to be spared forced gay marriage!! !

Don't pretend to care about women just so you can get laid.

Besides......Even in the new Vaginarchy, studly alpha male douchebags will STILL be getting all the women and obsequious nice guys like you will no choice but to become de facto homosexuals if you wish to have intercourse with anyone besides yourselves. :P

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 2:46 pm

except... no. Vigilans gets laid, so you don't know what you're talking about. he is a nice guy AND he has no trouble with getting women. imagine that!

15 Mar 2012, 2:48 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:
there is no gender pay gap.

wrong. here are some stats from Canada. the gap is slightly higher here, but it is applicable as our economies are similar:

http://www.conferenceboard.ca/hcp/detai ... e-gap.aspx

if you do some research, there are some economists who have been able to explain large portions of the gender pay gap, but the explanations don't eliminate the gap. the gap still exists, and it is largely outside a woman's control to change.

What makes you so certain that women are powerless to change it? There are already american women who have managed to figure out how to negotiate salaries and get paid what they deserve.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 2:50 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
I feel sorry for the misogynist males. I have secured my spot for the future as part of the 10% permitted male population in the new Vaginarchy. You must welcome our feminine overlords with open arms and a big smile (and maybe breakfast in bed) if you wish to be spared forced gay marriage!! !

Besides......Even in the new Vaginarchy, studly alpha male douchebags will STILL be getting all the women and obsequious nice guys like you will no choice but to become de facto homosexuals if you wish to have intercourse with anyone besides yourselves. :P

No, they won't.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 2:51 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:
there is no gender pay gap.

wrong. here are some stats from Canada. the gap is slightly higher here, but it is applicable as our economies are similar:

http://www.conferenceboard.ca/hcp/detai ... e-gap.aspx

if you do some research, there are some economists who have been able to explain large portions of the gender pay gap, but the explanations don't eliminate the gap. the gap still exists, and it is largely outside a woman's control to change.

What makes you so certain that women are powerless to change it? There are already american women who have managed to figure out how to negotiate salaries and get paid what they deserve.

because some of it is due to flat-out discrimination. other parts are due to inadequate child care etc. these are not things that women have the power to singlehandedly change (though they try)

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 3:05 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Because the only reason I support equality is so I can get imagination secks from women I'm never going to meet on the internets

I don't "pretend" to care, I actually do care. I also have no trouble with women, other than fun trouble, so try again

It doesn't seem to me you are very experienced

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Mar 2012, 3:07 pm

sorry but these figures are easily rigged.

there seems to be a lot of use of median figures. anybody can rig that in favour of women.

if a man works 40 hours week doing job X and a woman works 40 hours a week doing job X then they both get the same income.

if a man works 1 year doing job X and has 2 weeks holiday and earns 20K then the same applies to women.

if a man works 1 year doing job X and has 2 weeks holiday and earns 20K and the woman works the same job but has 3 months off to have baby then she earns less. why should she be paid to not do work. now multiply that by 10 men and ten women and she how the median figure becomes warped.

figures are ALWAYS rigged in favour of the issue at hand.

15 Mar 2012, 4:26 pm

Vigilans wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Because the only reason I support equality is so I can get imagination secks from women I'm never going to meet on the internets

I don't "pretend" to care, I actually do care. I also have no trouble with women, other than fun trouble, so try again.

That's probably because you're neurotypical(and most likely have good social skills which in turn makes it easy to get along with women). But since you're taking my facetious remark oh-so-srsly, I can tell you quite honestly that being servile to our "new feminine overlords" is not going to make them sleep with you! Which is what your nested post implied. Hate to break it to ya, but there are PUH-LEN-TY of misogynist and sexist men who have no trouble getting laid. [What enables someone to get laid is being sexually attractive. How attractive you are to others quite often depends on things that have little or nothing to do with your behavior] So if you were hoping to manipulate me into towing the feminist party line by promising some great reward if I do, it aint gonna work.

Lastly, there is really nothing I posted ITT for one to conclude that I don't believe in gender equality. But I have a healthy dose of skepticism and recognize that people quite often DON'T live up to their professed ideals. Even if they are feminists. :lol:

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 4:38 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
That's probably because you're neurotypical(and most likely have good social skills which in turn makes it easy to get along with women).

Wrong

AspieRogue wrote:
But since you're taking my facetious remark oh-so-srsly

I would say it is the opposite based on your following statement

AspieRogue wrote:
I can tell you quite honestly that being servile to our "new feminine overlords" is not going to make them sleep with you! Which is what your nested post implied.

That post was clearly a joke, smart guy

AspieRogue wrote:
Hate to break it to ya, but there are PUH-LEN-TY of misogynist and sexist men who have no trouble getting laid. [What enables someone to get laid is being sexually attractive. How attractive you are to others quite often depends on things that have little or nothing to do with your behavior] So if you were hoping to manipulate me into towing the feminist party line by promising some great reward if I do, it aint gonna work.

Actually, your attitude and resulting behavior does play a large part in how attractive you are to others, which is why misogynistic males are not usually capable successful relationships. Anyone with a dick can get laid, to actually gain a woman's trust and companionship and to know her intimately is what I consider worthy

AspieRogue wrote:
Lastly, there is really nothing I posted ITT for one to conclude that I don't believe in gender equality. But I have a healthy dose of skepticism and recognize that people quite often DON'T live up to their professed ideals. Even if they are feminists. :lol:

I didn't say anything about your beliefs, I defended my own when you referred to me as a "male feminist sycophant". You are a disingenuous individual.

15 Mar 2012, 4:47 pm

Vigilans wrote:

AspieRogue wrote:
Hate to break it to ya, but there are PUH-LEN-TY of misogynist and sexist men who have no trouble getting laid. [What enables someone to get laid is being sexually attractive. How attractive you are to others quite often depends on things that have little or nothing to do with your behavior] So if you were hoping to manipulate me into towing the feminist party line by promising some great reward if I do, it aint gonna work.

Actually, your attitude and resulting behavior does play a large part in how attractive you are to others, which is why misogynistic males are not usually capable successful relationships. Anyone with a dick can get laid, to actually gain a woman's trust and companionship and to know her intimately is what I consider worthy

It's important to keep in mind that sexism(towards women) and misogyny are Not the same thing! Many feminists frequently confuse the 2. Misogyny is hatred towards women. Sexism(in this context)is very much the belief that women are inferior and less capable than men.

I personally have had a lot of problems IRL getting along with (NT)women and while I won't go into detail here, I will say that many many of them have treated me poorly for being socially inept. So the reason I'm not much a feminist isn't because I lack respect for women, it's that I lack sympathy for women AS A WHOLE. But I do not hate all women and have no trouble accepting women as individuals.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
It's important to keep in mind that sexism(towards women) and misogyny are Not the same thing! Many feminists frequently confuse the 2. Misogyny is hatred towards women. Sexism(in this context)is very much the belief that women are inferior and less capable than men.

Well, I agree, but while one can be sexist without necessarily being misogynist, misogyny definitely involves sexism... If you go back to a time where sexism was much more accepted, I think misogyny itself was probably less prevalent, since women were "in their accorded place" in that paradigm

AspieRogue wrote:
I personally have had a lot of problems IRL getting along with (NT)women and while I won't go into detail here, I will say that many many of them have treated me poorly for being socially inept. So the reason I'm not much a feminist isn't because I lack respect for women, it's that I lack sympathy for women AS A WHOLE. But I do not hate all women and have no trouble accepting women as individuals.

I've been treated poorly by women, too. In my case I seem to get on with them better than I do with most males, or at least, it was that way for me for much of my life. I have been treated extremely poorly by a few French people in my life, but that has not engendered within me an unwillingness to sympathize with French people

DoneOver wrote:
One thing I do know is that NT or aspie, Women prefer their Men naked, hand-feeding us grapes and fanning us with giant feathers

What?!

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 11:05 pm

You've been treated badly by women, ergo you lost sympathy for women.

But chances are you've been treated badly by men as well.

The problem with sexism is this:
https://xkcd.com/385/

To consider the other gender as alien and as a uniform group rather than as fellow human beings who happen to have a different chromosome.

Wanna know something funny about girls? There are as many different kinds of them as there are different kinds of boys.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 11:19 pm

TheDarkMage wrote:

there seems to be a lot of use of median figures. anybody can rig that in favour of women.

if a man works 40 hours week doing job X and a woman works 40 hours a week doing job X then they both get the same income.

if a man works 1 year doing job X and has 2 weeks holiday and earns 20K then the same applies to women.

if a man works 1 year doing job X and has 2 weeks holiday and earns 20K and the woman works the same job but has 3 months off to have baby then she earns less. why should she be paid to not do work. now multiply that by 10 men and ten women and she how the median figure becomes warped.

the Canadian government is not rigging numbers. and their results are verifiable but checking out studies that have been done by other agencies.

what you are telling me is that you simply will not believe credible sources because they don't fit your own flawed conclusions, so i'd say that any further discussion with you is pointless.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 11:30 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:

the Canadian government is not rigging numbers. and their results are verifiable but checking out studies that have been done by other agencies.

what you are telling me is that you simply will not believe credible sources because they don't fit your own flawed conclusions, so i'd say that any further discussion with you is pointless.

What are you talking about, Statistics Canada is out to suppress the truth about how much women make, in order to accomplish their agenda of lowering Canada's standards on the international stage. It makes complete and total sense

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 12:18 am

let's keep the actual sexism and personal insults out of the thread, please, or it will be locked. thank you.

EDIT: i should add that i removed a bunch of unacceptable posts.

Last edited by hyperlexian on 16 Mar 2012, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 12:21 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00827.html
quote:

Quote:
Women working full time earn about 77 percent of the salaries of men working full time, Babcock said. That figure does not take differing professions and educational levels into account, but when those and other factors are controlled for, women who work full time and have never taken time off to have children earn about 11 percent less than men with equivalent education and experience.
...men and women get very different responses when they initiate negotiations. Although it may well be true that women often hurt themselves by not trying to negotiate, this study found that women's reluctance was based on an entirely reasonable and accurate view of how they were likely to be treated if they did. Both men and women were more likely to subtly penalize women who asked for more -- the perception was that women who asked for more were "less nice".

"What we found across all the studies is men were always less willing to work with a woman who had attempted to negotiate than with a woman who did not," Bowles said. "They always preferred to work with a woman who stayed mum. But it made no difference to the men whether a guy had chosen to negotiate or not."

bolding mine.