Page 28 of 100 [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 100  Next

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2012, 6:58 am

on a quick change of direction - has anybody seen the latest sexist against men KFC advert in the UK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaX-AF0-Fpw

this is exactly what i was talking about before about how things are sexist against men here. i can find plenty more for you.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 2:58 pm

TheDarkMage wrote:
on a quick change of direction - has anybody seen the latest sexist against men KFC advert in the UK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaX-AF0-Fpw

this is exactly what i was talking about before about how things are sexist against men here. i can find plenty more for you.

I expect most Ad execs are men though so being angry at women about it is not sensible, it would be better to write to the TV company (offcom?) or set up a downing st petition.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 3:03 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
I, personally, have an interest in leadership, but I've always lacked confidence.

Have you thought about how you might do something like that?

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 3:03 pm

Tequila wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
I, personally, have an interest in leadership, but I've always lacked confidence.

Have you thought about how you might do something like that?

Like what?

17 Mar 2012, 7:05 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
I personally have had a lot of problems IRL getting along with (NT)women and while I won't go into detail here, I will say that many many of them have treated me poorly for being socially inept. So the reason I'm not much a feminist isn't because I lack respect for women, it's that I lack sympathy for women AS A WHOLE. But I do not hate all women and have no trouble accepting women as individuals.

I have had no such problems with most women. Some of the nicest women I've met have been feminists.

Not that I'm going to trade one anecdote for another as "proof" of anything.

I was not trying to prove anything by the post I made that you quoted. I was providing an explanation as to why I hold the views I do and why I am not a card carrying feminist. But lemme tell ya, you are not going to change my opinion about this issue by arguing with me on the internet. Furthermore, when you and other feminists ITT insist that feminism is 100% in favor of equality and counterexamples to this claim are presented, you try to dismiss them as anecdotes when YOU are the one making the universal claim. Though I have a sneaky suspicion that your positive experiences with feminists, and women in general leads you to feel sympathetic to them as a group. In any case, I think I've pretty much said all I need to say about this topic.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 7:06 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Like what?

Be a leader. You don't seem to have that presence about you. You'd need to develop this.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 7:08 pm

Their are a lot of strong women leaders all through out history but I dought most of them where femminsts.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 7:12 pm

That argument is as a lot like saying that most scientists during history weren't evolutionists :/

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 7:18 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
That argument is as a lot like saying that most scientists during history weren't evolutionists :/

Good point but thei are some scientists that have religious belifes but I dought Nefertiti
Queen of Egypt, 14th Century B.C..

Was a Femmenist though I am most certin that Cleopatra was :wink:

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 9:01 pm

Tequila wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Like what?

Be a leader. You don't seem to have that presence about you. You'd need to develop this.

:roll:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 9:08 pm

puddingmouse wrote:

What's wrong with it? You seem more like the sort of person without a strong outward personality, one that could lead. You need to develop your outward personality, I would say. You can do it, just needs some work. :)

I'd love to see a more confident you. You need to come out of your shell for it to work though, which is what leadership requires.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 9:12 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
I personally have had a lot of problems IRL getting along with (NT)women and while I won't go into detail here, I will say that many many of them have treated me poorly for being socially inept. So the reason I'm not much a feminist isn't because I lack respect for women, it's that I lack sympathy for women AS A WHOLE. But I do not hate all women and have no trouble accepting women as individuals.

I have had no such problems with most women. Some of the nicest women I've met have been feminists.

Not that I'm going to trade one anecdote for another as "proof" of anything.

I was not trying to prove anything by the post I made that you quoted. I was providing an explanation as to why I hold the views I do and why I am not a card carrying feminist. But lemme tell ya, you are not going to change my opinion about this issue by arguing with me on the internet. Furthermore, when you and other feminists ITT insist that feminism is 100% in favor of equality and counterexamples to this claim are presented, you try to dismiss them as anecdotes when YOU are the one making the universal claim. Though I have a sneaky suspicion that your positive experiences with feminists, and women in general leads you to feel sympathetic to them as a group. In any case, I think I've pretty much said all I need to say about this topic.

nobody said it was 100% of feminists who felt one way or another. maybe go back and read our actual posts?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 9:13 pm

Tequila wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Like what?

why do you need to find a way to make some sort of insult disguised as advice?

EDIT: i should have held out and waited for the backhanded compliment, below. i KNEW it was coming. not cool, Tequila. seriously.

Tequila wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:

What's wrong with it? You seem more like the sort of person without a strong outward personality, one that could lead. You need to develop your outward personality, I would say. You can do it, just needs some work. :)

I'd love to see a more confident you. You need to come out of your shell for it to work though, which is what leadership requires.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 9:14 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

Can you do better? I'm trying to talk about things as they are. When I met her, she was very much in her shell and I couldn't coax her out no matter how hard I tried. There were flashes of the person she wants to be though. There is a strong person in there, she just needs to harness it. :)

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 9:15 pm

Tequila wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Can you do better? I'm trying to talk about things as they are. When I met her, she was very much in her shell and I couldn't coax her out no matter how hard I tried. There were flashes of the person she wants to be though. There is a strong person in there, she just needs to harness it. :)

as my edit above.... it's a backhanded compliment. you need to stop doing this.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 9:16 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
as my edit above.... it's a backhanded compliment. you need to stop doing this.

How would you phrase it then? Come on then, give me an answer instead of having a go.

She's very meek and reserved in real life.