Page 4 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2024, 7:55 pm

I wish that there would be a democratic candidate who's Pro-Life.

SpiritCreeper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2024, 4:35 am

I doubt that Starmer will be much better than Sunak:

• He's stopped recognising trans people as legitimate and has apparently supported the UK's puberty blocker ban.
  • His plan on gradually banning smoking is dubious when it's easy to bypass the current age restriction.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 3:23 pm

My whole life, I've been nothing more than a lamb, a lamb that will be sacrificed if it doesn't grow into a sheep. Maybe I don't want to be a sheep. I don't want to be sacrificed either. Maybe I just want to be ME.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 10:44 pm

As soon as I realized I was different back in elementary, I long to be free.

From this body and it's whining. From this mind and it's chattering. From those feelings and it's nuisance of a need.
From the actions that are against my intent, reactions that I never want to ever happen.

Freer than everyone I knew.
Everyone has ideas of what that looked like; typically it's this whole scheme of financial independence, being their own boss, being super privileged status and on the top of the system and get whatever they want, whenever they want; a very convenient living...

And I have my own idea of what it looked like; which involves more than simple flexibility, adaptability, non-attachment, with complete disregard for status and the exemption to the rules, all that mastery over challenges in varying dimensions and aspects of living and existing...

That even I can make do with any social status everyone 'assigns' me into.

Be the loser at the bottom totem pole, unnoticed and looked down by all?
I can get away with a lot of things with it than going 'higher' and aspiring to 'go higher' by 'proving things' to others.
I have the freedom to not do that. :P

That I also can make do with any conditions that this human vessel has or born with.

To a point that I have plenty of contingencies in mind in case of things like; permanently physically disabled or loss of senses, or being a senior alone without someone to be with...

As soon as I got diagnosed, I more or less took my own development in my own hands.

So I went through the phases of someone newly diagnosed, but with a twist;
I don't accept all that living with anxiety and all that avoidance to cope. I don't accept sensory pain, I don't accept masking, I don't accept executive dysfunction.

Not out of shame or denial, but out of sheer doubt that it 'should' be a reality for all autistics.
There has to be a reason why some autistics do and some don't. I want to be an autistic who don't.
I want to be as healthy as possible as an autistic. I want to be free as an autistic and more than that.

As soon as I realized generational and collective patterns exists, I want to be free from it as much as possible.

I want to be the one who breaks cycles.
I want to demystify things behind the veil of ignorance that so many go through so I won't drive blindly and be a subject to manipulation just like most humans.

I'm willing to play the role of a shameless fool and commit social suicide over and over (to a point that I can be immune to it) in the name of finding answers, in the name of truth.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2024, 11:02 am

Is world peace even possible

This is the question I'm asking myself at this present moment in time and I just can't see how it is possible

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2024, 11:31 am

Rooting for a specific sports team or college team is "mini" nationalism.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2024, 9:30 pm

i find almost everyone annoying as f**k.

they talk too much, too loud, too enthusastically, paucity of content

i feel left out and s**t every day but i don't know who to reach out to. idiots @ home depot do not seem trustworthy to me.

constantly overpowered outnumbered outsmarted

ass holes refuse to "pick your battles". they pick "all" the battles.

ass holes do not apologize, or consider someone else's perspective.

no future

41 nothing accomplished

afraid of ending up homeless or something

afraid of getting made redundant

tightrope

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2024, 10:37 pm

how the forced birthers moan about caring for the unborn while at the same time promulgating policies downright hostile to the born.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2024, 11:55 am

Why do racists never admit to being racist

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 10:59 am

babybird wrote:
Why do racists never admit to being racist

Instead they whine like having their racism noted is a personal insult.

We used to have people like that on here. :roll:

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 11:00 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I wish that there would be a democratic candidate who's Pro-Life.

I don't anticipate Democrats suddenly deciding women don't own their own flesh.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 12:32 pm

Aren't human beings funny complex creatures :lol:

On the one hand you've got people who are unrelentingly unforgiving when it comes to things like misogyny (for example) and then on the other hand the very same people are more than happy to forgive a person who has murdered innocent children

It's crazy when you think

This isn't a criticism or an attack BTW it's simply an observation

Just had to get it off my chest

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 12:41 pm

Forgive him?

Afaik No one has said they forgive him.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 12:43 pm

When I said that I empathized with the 17 year old, it doesn’t mean that I forgive his actions. With that being said, I don’t view the actions of young people and full-fledged adults in quite the same way. In the other thread, when I mentioned the crime in my family that took place which resulted in a death of a child, the perpetrator was 13 years old. I know some of the extenuating circumstances that led to his behavior. I have forgiven him while I’m still horrified by what he did.

While I abhor violence and misogyny, I don’t necessarily hate the people who engage in the behavior. It’s much more complex than that.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 12:50 pm

Like I said; complex

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 12:57 pm

babybird wrote:
Aren't human beings funny complex creatures :lol:

While that’s true, I think life is innately complex. I think it’s a human tendency to try to see things in a much simpler manner than they actually are. Some want to see the world in black and white terms in which people are innately good or evil when the reality is usually quite a bit different. That’s just a general observation and not about WP.