Page 33 of 100 [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 100  Next

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 1:31 am

AspieRogue wrote:
Well Joker, they certainly are more physically attractive than men.

Did you know not everyone on Earth is
a. straight
b. male
?

True story!

to his Interest."

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 4:23 am

jojobean wrote:

I am asexual....I can usually pretend the hole is not there except once a month. I feel more or less genderless most of the time.
Are you asexual too, if not, you are a good candidate.

I'm not asexual. I sometimes wish I was.

myth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 10:20 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

a. straight
b. male
?

True story!

It doesn't seem fair to jump on this person for expressing what is clearly an opinion. Although I agree that he could/should have qualified the statement better.

In addition, I have heard from members of the marketing community that it is been concluded that images of women appeal to both genders moreso than images of men. I am inclined to believe this since I am a straight female and am able to admit that I think women are prettier (more attractive) than men in general. They intended to be. They intentionally dress themselves up to be.

However, after research, I am unable to find a source for the above due to the majority of search results for "women" containing "advertising" or "marketing" seem to be mainly about the body-image/stereotypes argument. So take it with a grain of salt.

Nothing is absolute.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 11:19 am

DC wrote:
Quote:
This is nihilism, or this is truth. He has to push in past boundaries. There is the outline of a body, distinct, separate, its integrity an illusion, a tragic deception, because unseen there is a slit between the legs, and he has to push into it. There is never a real privacy of the body that can coexist with intercourse: with being entered. The vagina itself is muscled and the muscles have to be pushed apart. The thrusting is persistent invasion. She is opened up, split down the center. She is occupied--physically, internally, in her privacy. ... There is no analogue anywhere among subordinated groups of people to this experience of being made for intercourse: for penetration, entry, occupation. There is no analogue in occupied countries or in dominated races or in imprisoned dissidents or in colonialized cultures or in the submission of children to adults or in the atrocities that have marked the twentieth century ranging from Auschwitz to the Gulag. There is nothing exactly the same, and this is not because the political invasion and significance of intercourse is banal up against these other hierarchies and brutalities. Intercourse is a particular reality for women as an inferior class; and it has, in it, as part of it, violation of boundaries, taking over, occupation, destruction of privacy, all of which are construed to be normal and also fundamental to continuing human existence. There is nothing that happens to any other civilly inferior people that is the same in its meaning and in its effect even when those people are forced into sexual availability, heterosexual or homosexual; while the subject people, for instance, may be forced to have intercourse with those who dominate them, the God who does not exist did not make human existence, broadly speaking, dependent on their compliance. The political meaning of intercourse for women is the fundamental question of feminism and freedom: can an occupied people--physically occupied inside, internally invaded--be free; can those with a metaphysically compromised privacy have self-determination; can those without a biologically based physical integrity have self-respect?

So tell me again how the phrase 'all sex is rape' is somehow being unfair to the garbage that this woman produced?
B-b-b-b-but she didn't exactly put it in those words, so that means you totally can't put it into the intended context of a consensual act being coercive and violating!

Get real. Yes there is such thing as taking someone out of context or making a straw man argument, but throughout the whole paragraph she characterizes consensual sex as an act of invasion physically and mentally. "All sex is rape" sums it up pretty well. She's using words like "invasive", "violating", and "occupied" to describe typical sex, words which are much more fitting for describing rape. It even describes it as physically invasive so it isn't even like she's saying women typically get f****d in demeaning positions, but that a dick being thrust into her p**** per se is a "persistent invasion".

So there you go, don't be surprised if people get "All sex is rape" out of this.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 11:24 am

myth wrote:
It doesn't seem fair to jump on this person for expressing what is clearly an opinion. Although I agree that he could/should have qualified the statement better.

he didn't express it as an opinion. you concluded it was an opinion, but that is not the same thing.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:17 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
myth wrote:

he didn't express it as an opinion. you concluded it was an opinion, but that is not the same thing.

I just get along so much better with women I have girl like traits about myself that I can relate to most women guys I know that are having problems talking to girls ask me for advice because I think like girls do and act like them from time to time its called being bigender.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:18 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

a. straight
b. male
?

True story!

Haha I am omisexual I like people for who they are not whats between their legs girls are just easy to talk to they give good advice on picky up guys 8)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm

Joker wrote:
I find women to be more beautiful then men plus they have better qualitys too.

Quote:
When did I say they where n better

See your own quote.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:24 pm

Tequila wrote:
Joker wrote:
I find women to be more beautiful then men plus they have better qualitys too.

Quote:
When did I say they where n better

See your own quote.

Just because I feel that way it doesnt mean that they are better then men its a opinon whats with guys on WP having so much negitiave things to say about girls :?:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:26 pm

Joker wrote:
Just because I feel that way it doesnt mean that they are better then men its a opinon whats with guys on WP having so much negitiave things to say about girls :?:

Do you feel that women are better than men?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:29 pm

Tequila wrote:
Joker wrote:

Do you feel that women are better than men?

No one is better then any one in my opinon I just perfer to hang out with girls most of my friends are girls but I have guy friends too a few of my close friends are guys.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:37 pm

Joker wrote:
No one is better then any one in my opinon I just perfer to hang out with girls most of my friends are girls but I have guy friends too a few of my close friends are guys.

OK, that makes more sense. :)

myth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:38 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
myth wrote:

That's what I meant. He should have qualified it as such. He did not state it at as an opinion but it seems fairly obvious to me that it is since it is an entirely subjective statement.

Nothing is absolute.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:40 pm

myth wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
myth wrote:

That's what I meant. He should have qualified it as such. He did not state it at as an opinion but it seems fairly obvious to me that it is since it is an entirely subjective statement.

Gosh still on this are we ok it was my opinon its what I believe no harm intended mine as well make a thread about it :lol:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

a. straight
b. male
?

True story!

+1

I must be one of those awful closeted things who's both female and oogles at guys. Someone better hang the capital L around my neck for Looking at men with lust. :lol:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:45 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Someone better hang the capital L around my neck for Looking at men with lust. :lol:

It makes us lads smile when ladies like yourself do. Makes our day, it does. :)