Page 34 of 100 [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 100  Next

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:51 pm

My mother is a good example of a femminist she is my best friend.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:59 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
Well Joker, they certainly are more physically attractive than men.

Did you know not everyone on Earth is
a. straight
b. male
?

True story!

+1

I must be one of those awful closeted things who's both female and oogles at guys. Someone better hang the capital L around my neck for Looking at men with lust. :lol:

lol nah its not that rare :P

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 1:00 pm

myth wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
myth wrote:
It doesn't seem fair to jump on this person for expressing what is clearly an opinion. Although I agree that he could/should have qualified the statement better.

he didn't express it as an opinion. you concluded it was an opinion, but that is not the same thing.

That's what I meant. He should have qualified it as such. He did not state it at as an opinion but it seems fairly obvious to me that it is since it is an entirely subjective statement.

apparently some people do believe their opinions are truth, so any time someone expresses an opinion as fact, it is reasonable to conclude they think it is... a fact.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 1:03 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
myth wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
myth wrote:
It doesn't seem fair to jump on this person for expressing what is clearly an opinion. Although I agree that he could/should have qualified the statement better.

he didn't express it as an opinion. you concluded it was an opinion, but that is not the same thing.

That's what I meant. He should have qualified it as such. He did not state it at as an opinion but it seems fairly obvious to me that it is since it is an entirely subjective statement.

apparently some people do believe their opinions are truth, so any time someone expresses an opinion as fact, it is reasonable to conclude they think it is... a fact.

Their is a fine line between fact and opinon opinon can be disprooen but facts remain the same.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

Tequila wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
Someone better hang the capital L around my neck for Looking at men with lust. :lol:

It makes us lads smile when ladies like yourself do. Makes our day, it does. :)

And it makes me glad too. It's baffling that in the 21st century that there are even women who think people like myself are awful :lol: . If I put an eye candy of a female I'd get lot's of likes but if I put a guy up there I'd only get a few people including gay men. I get some women who complain that it should be about personality (which I don't disagree) or that I'm making a slut of myself or some women asking me why in the world would I be attracted to that. I mean here you have guys and girls posting hot women and people not making a serious issue of it. I'm not trying to make a big thing of it but I do think it's interesting how even women can set double standards against themselves...or their gender. Each to their own but I'm not going to get in the closet and pretend I'm one of those heathens who should be ashamed of myself for finding guys attractive and being open about it. That goes for any gender and sexual orientation as well.

Last edited by MissConstrue on 21 Mar 2012, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 1:11 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Each to their own but I'm not going to get in the closet and pretend I'm one of those heathens who should be ashamed of myself for finding guys attractive and being open about it.

More power to you. :)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 1:17 pm

Tequila wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
Each to their own but I'm not going to get in the closet and pretend I'm one of those heathens who should be ashamed of myself for finding guys attractive and being open about it.

More power to you. :)

Powa to the peeps. :afro:

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:30 pm

Women are great, but most of them have terrible taste. Except the lesbians that is.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:36 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Get real. Yes there is such thing as taking someone out of context or making a straw man argument, but throughout the whole paragraph she characterizes consensual sex as an act of invasion physically and mentally. "All sex is rape" sums it up pretty well. She's using words like "invasive", "violating", and "occupied" to describe typical sex, words which are much more fitting for describing rape. It even describes it as physically invasive so it isn't even like she's saying women typically get f**** in demeaning positions, but that a dick being thrust into her p**** per se is a "persistent invasion".

So there you go, don't be surprised if people get "All sex is rape" out of this.

AceOfSpades wrote:
Get real. Yes there is such thing as taking someone out of context or making a straw man argument, but throughout the whole paragraph she characterizes consensual sex within patriarchal cultures, that being the book's topic, as an act of invasion physically and mentally. "All sex within patriarchal cultures, that being the book's topic is rape" sums it up pretty well. She's using words like "invasive", "violating", and "occupied" to describe typical sex within patriarchal cultures, that being the book's topic, words which are much more fitting for describing rape. It even describes it as physically invasive so it isn't even like she's saying women typically get f**** in demeaning positions, but that a dick being thrust into her p**** per se is a "persistent invasion" within patriarchal cultures, that being the book's topic.

So there you go, don't be surprised if people get "All sex is rape" within patriarchal cultures, that being the book's topic out of this.

Fixed.

Peeps be ignorant- if they weren't, there'd be no need to ignore the actual PREMISE OF THE BOOK in favor of quotemining.

to his Interest."

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:41 pm

Women and men should have equal rights. Equal. Feminism is too often associated with misandry, the hatred of men. That is wrong, just the same as misogyny is wrong. Both women and men should be able to find work on equal terms and with equal pay, not either greater than the other.

21 Mar 2012, 4:15 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
myth wrote:

Her conclusion was correct. :wink:

Last edited by AspieRogue on 21 Mar 2012, 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 4:18 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Women and men should have equal rights. Equal. Feminism is too often associated with misandry, the hatred of men. That is wrong, just the same as misogyny is wrong. Both women and men should be able to find work on equal terms and with equal pay, not either greater than the other.

I agree that associating feminism with misandry is wrong-
it's a contradiction of terms.

to his Interest."

DC
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 4:19 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Get real. Yes there is such thing as taking someone out of context or making a straw man argument, but throughout the whole paragraph she characterizes consensual sex as an act of invasion physically and mentally. "All sex is rape" sums it up pretty well. She's using words like "invasive", "violating", and "occupied" to describe typical sex, words which are much more fitting for describing rape. It even describes it as physically invasive so it isn't even like she's saying women typically get f**** in demeaning positions, but that a dick being thrust into her p**** per se is a "persistent invasion".

So there you go, don't be surprised if people get "All sex is rape" out of this.

AceOfSpades wrote:
Get real. Yes there is such thing as taking someone out of context or making a straw man argument, but throughout the whole paragraph she characterizes consensual sex within patriarchal cultures, that being the book's topic, as an act of invasion physically and mentally. "All sex within patriarchal cultures, that being the book's topic is rape" sums it up pretty well. She's using words like "invasive", "violating", and "occupied" to describe typical sex within patriarchal cultures, that being the book's topic, words which are much more fitting for describing rape. It even describes it as physically invasive so it isn't even like she's saying women typically get f**** in demeaning positions, but that a dick being thrust into her p**** per se is a "persistent invasion" within patriarchal cultures, that being the book's topic.

So there you go, don't be surprised if people get "All sex is rape" within patriarchal cultures, that being the book's topic out of this.

Fixed.

Peeps be ignorant- if they weren't, there'd be no need to ignore the actual PREMISE OF THE BOOK in favor of quotemining.

There is a problem your position I think VW and it is what you posted a few pages ago:

ValentineWiggin wrote:
The fact that the modern world and yes, the US, is a patriarchal society isn't a feminist ideology,
it's verifiable sociological fact.

If you are going to claim that the most liberal, and women's rights aware nations that have ever existed are STILL patriarchal societies that means all sex that has ever taken place is rape because all societies have been patriarchal.

Out of interest, do you think that nations/systems that have ever existed were NOT patriarchal?

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 4:49 pm

The patriarchal society came about when men started blaming women for a mans mistakes but the men were really not man enough to take responsibility for their own mistakes.

21 Mar 2012, 4:58 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
Well Joker, they certainly are more physically attractive than men.

Did you know not everyone on Earth is
a. straight
b. male
?

True story!

Why no..........It actually never occurred to me at all. :roll:

Have you ever studied art BTW? Even if you haven't, you should know that beauty and sex appeal(as in sexual attractiveness) are not the same thing; even though they certainly do overlap quite a bit. Most people on Earth( as in >>50% of the human population) seem to agree that male birds are prettier than female birds due to the fact that in many species, males have brightly colored plumage instead of the dull grey/brown plumage of the females. Is it so farfetched to think that in our species it's the opposite? Gay men may not find women sexually attractive, but this doesn't preclude them being able to appreciate their attractiveness. Maybe that's why so many gay guys are involved in the FEMALE beauty industry. Plenty of straight women who are secure enough in their own appearance can appreciate the attractiveness of their sex without necessarily wanting to sleep with other women.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 5:12 pm

Equality is not enough. Men have to recognize women as superior beings in order to move forward. This will not be hatred of men because most women champion love rather than hate.