What is the most beautiful civilization created by mankind?

Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 7:03 pm

I'm not sure of the most beautiful civilization ever created by mankind was, but after going to Japan for a month, I was beginning to love it more and more everyday. I think Japan is the most beautiful civilizations I have ever been in. Everyone I met was so kind, they have one of the lowest crime rates in the world, and they have some of the best schooling in the world. They are some of the most creative people I've ever met. The Ghibli Museum (a museum showcasing some of Hayao Miyazaki's works, plus they had many visual effects and they showed the many cool ways they made their movies) was in many ways more creative than even Disneyland. I haven't been to many parts of the world, but it felt much more peaceful than even the US, and it felt as if everything had more order, and that everyone had a part in society. I think it was much because of their Confucian ideals. Confucius really had some good ideas for running a society, at least from what I saw. Sometimes I wish the US would adopt some Confucian ideals.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 7:56 pm

Yeah uh, you do know that Confucius also said to respect your superiors right? =/ That's how they're so obedient and that there's a lot of codified behavior based on the status of whoever you are interacting with. <.< I doubt that'd fly in the USA outside strictly hierarchized organisations.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 7:57 pm

aspiegirl2 wrote:
I'm not sure of the most beautiful civilization ever created by mankind was, but after going to Japan for a month, I was beginning to love it more and more everyday. I think Japan is the most beautiful civilizations I have ever been in. Everyone I met was so kind, they have one of the lowest crime rates in the world, and they have some of the best schooling in the world. They are some of the most creative people I've ever met. The Ghibli Museum (a museum showcasing some of Hayao Miyazaki's works, plus they had many visual effects and they showed the many cool ways they made their movies) was in many ways more creative than even Disneyland. I haven't been to many parts of the world, but it felt much more peaceful than even the US, and it felt as if everything had more order, and that everyone had a part in society. I think it was much because of their Confucian ideals. Confucius really had some good ideas for running a society, at least from what I saw. Sometimes I wish the US would adopt some Confucian ideals.

Japanese aesthetics are at least a light year ahead of anything in the West.

ruveyn