Page 5 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 9:12 am

Fnord wrote:
xenon13 wrote:
The guy has some big shot top cop cowering in terror, the LAPD act like frightened rabbits shooting people because they are afraid of their own shadow... such frightened rabbits...

Frightened rabbits run from threats and hide in the woods. Some will even cower in a burning building, rather than face a threat that they can no longer run away from. So they die a coward's death, instead of facing the inevitability of their fates head on...

... just like Christopher Dorner.

I am very confused and perplexed by what you are conveying here. It may or not be true that he may have been a monster and a criminal but if he was willing to die in a burning building then how was he a coward? Dorner was willing to die in a burning building. He was literally willing to be burned to death.

You claim cowardice. I do not understand your claim. It makes no sense to me. What exactly is the essence and meaning of heroism, bravery and cowardice?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 9:16 am

Fnord wrote:
They would not let him be abusive, insubordinate, and disrespectful. For that, he lost his job. THAT is a fact

Instead of dealing with it like a man, he decided to kill another man's daughter. THAT is a fact

He's no folk hero - shooting an innocent woman in the back because he lost his job is a cowardly act. THAT is a fact.

I'm glad he's dead. THAT is a fact

Deal with it.

Before he murdered anyone how exactly was he abusive, insubordinate, and disrespectful? What specific incidents did he do that demonstrated abuse, insubordination and disrespect?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 9:25 am

ruveyn wrote:

We was a sane as we are. He was evil, though.

Why is it we characterize evil doing as insanity?

ruveyn

This is my question to Fnord and others well. Can you all tell me what the essence and meaning of evil is? What exactly is the essence and meaning of justice?

Dorner and his sympathizers sees themselves as just and seeking justice. Fnord, you see Dorner receiving justice as well and he was evil. Dorner saw the LAPD as the enemy and evil. Others see Dorner as evil. What is the essence of bravery, nobility and goodness? What are the meanings behind these things?

If all parties were trying to seek what was good and just and evil is the result and outcome, how is it possible that anyone committed evil intentionally? I am again perplexed and confused.

Let's say he was abusive, insubordinate, and disrespectful. What if in his mind he was being noble and good? If this was his belief then I have to ask how does evil and injustice come about when lots of people desire what is good and just? If all of us have different meanings as to what these things are then I have to ask could evil and injustice come about due to ignorance, hence my confusion?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 2:02 pm

Robin Hood is a folk hero,steal from the rich,give to the poor.
This guy is no folk hero.
the James Brothers are folk heroes in Mo.
Pretty Boy Floyd.
All criminals,all possibly murderers.
But I don't think they shot a woman or man in the back of the head,only a coward does that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 2:25 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
xenon13 wrote:
The guy has some big shot top cop cowering in terror, the LAPD act like frightened rabbits shooting people because they are afraid of their own shadow... such frightened rabbits...

Frightened rabbits run from threats and hide in the woods. Some will even cower in a burning building, rather than face a threat that they can no longer run away from. So they die a coward's death, instead of facing the inevitability of their fates head on...

I am very confused and perplexed by what you are conveying here. It may or not be true that he may have been a monster and a criminal but if he was willing to die in a burning building then how was he a coward? Dorner was willing to die in a burning building. He was literally willing to be burned to death.

You claim cowardice. I do not understand your claim. It makes no sense to me. What exactly is the essence and meaning of heroism, bravery and cowardice?

In all fairness, he hadn't chosen to die in a burning cabin; circumstance just put him there, and he was unable to remove himself from that situation.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 2:28 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Pretty Boy Floyd.
But I don't think they shot a woman or man in the back of the head,only a coward does that.

Here in the Pacific Northwest, we have Harry Tracy as our preeminent old west desperado. Tracy was a killer and robber, but he proudly boasted that he would never harm a woman or child. It was in fact his trust of a teenage cowboy that got him located by a posse, and killed.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 2:39 pm

^^^^^There are people here that claim to be related to the James and the Youngers,they are very proud of it.Frank James supposedly used my spring but that could just be a local legend.
But we do have lots of caves,and they loved them as a hideout.
Jesse was shot in the back of the head by a coward,there is an old folk ballad about him.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 2:52 pm

Misslizard wrote:
^^^^^There are people here that claim to be related to the James and the Youngers,they are very proud of it.Frank James supposedly used my spring but that could just be a local legend.
Jesse was shot in the back of the head by a coward,there is an old folk ballad about him.

Interesting. I understand that Harry Tracy's family in Wisconsin for years had wanted to disavow his very existence, but the younger members of his family today take pride in having one of the last old time outlaws in their family.
Tracy in fact had died in a gun battle on the eastern Washington ranch not far from where my Dad's people had homesteaded the following year.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 3:07 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Pretty Boy Floyd.

Robin Hood, Robin Hood robbing through the glen
Robin Hood, Robin Hood and his thieving men
Feared by the bad, Loathed by the good
Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Robin Hood.

ruveyn

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 3:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Interesting. I understand that Harry Tracy's family in Wisconsin for years had wanted to disavow his very existence, but the younger members of his family today take pride in having one of the last old time outlaws in their family.
Tracy in fact had died in a gun battle on the eastern Washington ranch not far from where my Dad's people had homesteaded the following year.

Knowing local history is cool,I try to sink it into my kids.They will remember when they get old.Then they will pass it on.One form of immortality.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 3:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
xenon13 wrote:

In all fairness, he hadn't chosen to die in a burning cabin; circumstance just put him there, and he was unable to remove himself from that situation.

What circumstances put him there? Why couldn't he remove himself and surrender? Was the door physically sealed shut to where he couldn't open it? Was there any other way out? Was it physically possible for him to have opened the door, put his hands up, and surrendered? I may be missing some facts. If I am will you please show me? If I am wrong, I will take this part of my argument back.

*Edit* http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -prey.html

I don't agree with you on this. Yes, he did choose to die. He chose to go out in a blaze of glory. He felt like he was fighting a bunch of thugs who criminals themselves and that was the LAPD. He believed he was doing the right thing and he chose to die for it. Is this man telling the truth? I don't know.

What he believed was that the system was corrupt. He felt the system was evil itself. In his mind, he was bringing justice against a great evil.

This is why I asked Fnord and will ask him again. What is evil? What is justice? What is heroism? What is bravery? What is cowardice? He felt that the LAPD were a bunch of cowards and criminals. Who is right here? He believed he was bringing justice and if he was willing to die in a blazing fire but I do not see him as a coward. By what he wrote he was willing to die for what he believed in.

This doesn't mean I agree with his actions. I would have loved to question him myself just like I am questioning Fnord and others on here.

He believed he was doing good but evil was the result. Why was evil the result? Why is evil the result from those who attempt to do good? Did Mr. Gorner do evil intentionally?

Ramba_Ral
Raven
Raven

14 Feb 2013, 4:04 pm

rumor has it that he made an attempt to get out through the back door but some officer pressed against it to make sure he couldn't get out.. a rumor anyway.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Feb 2013, 4:59 pm

a lot of things don't add up with the official story, apparently they found his ID and wallet in multiple locations.(In San Diego when he tried to flee by boat and on his charred body. Why did he set his truck on fire with guns and survival suplies in the trunk?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 6:58 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
xenon13 wrote:

What circumstances put him there? Why couldn't he remove himself and surrender? Was the door physically sealed shut to where he couldn't open it? Was there any other way out? Was it physically possible for him to have opened the door, put his hands up, and surrendered? I may be missing some facts. If I am will you please show me? If I am wrong, I will take this part of my argument back.

*Edit* http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -prey.html

I don't agree with you on this. Yes, he did choose to die. He chose to go out in a blaze of glory. He felt like he was fighting a bunch of thugs who criminals themselves and that was the LAPD. He believed he was doing the right thing and he chose to die for it. Is this man telling the truth? I don't know.

What he believed was that the system was corrupt. He felt the system was evil itself. In his mind, he was bringing justice against a great evil.

This is why I asked Fnord and will ask him again. What is evil? What is justice? What is heroism? What is bravery? What is cowardice? He felt that the LAPD were a bunch of cowards and criminals. Who is right here? He believed he was bringing justice and if he was willing to die in a blazing fire but I do not see him as a coward. By what he wrote he was willing to die for what he believed in.

This doesn't mean I agree with his actions. I would have loved to question him myself just like I am questioning Fnord and others on here.

He believed he was doing good but evil was the result. Why was evil the result? Why is evil the result from those who attempt to do good? Did Mr. Gorner do evil intentionally?

The circumstance that he had wanted to evade capture by the law had put him in the cabin. As I can't read his mind, I have no idea if that was by design, or just happenstance. I suggest the latter is more likely as he was alleged to have left his survival gear in his truck.
And defending good by fighting evil doesn't include purposely killing innocent people. Even if there is any truth to his charges against the LAPD - and I know full well their record for race relations and corruption - he just nullified his standing as a good guy by his actions.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 7:05 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Knowing local history is cool,I try to sink it into my kids.They will remember when they get old.Then they will pass it on.One form of immortality.

I've been telling my daughter about the old west history here in Washington state. So now, whenever we see a picture of Billy the Kid, or Jesse James, I tell her that they were outlaws - like our own Harry Tracy. I ought to share with her how the local town of Wilbur was named for a gunfighter and Indian fighter named Wilbur Contrid, AKA Wild Goose Bill Contrid, or how another town in the middle of the state, Ellensburg, used to be called Robbers Roost back in the old west.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 7:40 pm

^^^^^^Makes history more interesting for kids,better than school.