What's up with all the conservatives on here?

Page 5 of 19 [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 5:24 pm

I'm not pro or anti gun, some of us recognize the futility of that struggle. I do however think lots of people throw common sense out the window because having weapons is a power trip. Basing all your political thoughts about a nation of millions on your ability to shoot one of them is hopelessly lopsided reasoning.

I'll put it this way, we don't want your weapons in my office. There's a note on the door now because people are dying on a daily basis. Your dramatically defensive rhetoric about your guns is out of place in polite company.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Last edited by cberg on 24 May 2019, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 5:26 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Sly, are you mainly concerned about “the right to bear arms?”

My other rights are under attack. Freedoms of speech? Not if you’re nit a liberal , the gun control bills also violate the 4th and 5th amendments.
Due process? Not if you’re not a liberal or own guns. You’re guilty, no trial for you.

One of the reasons they can take your guns in my state is that you recently bought a gun, so the mean act of owning a gun is a reason you shouldn’t have guns.
And they come take the, without ever sitting foot in a courtroom and having due process.

If they treated Muslims like they treat gun owners the left would be protesting nation wide for months.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 5:28 pm

Counterpoint: You are having your feet licked clean by the government as a gun owner. Think about how much more difficult that would be in any other country.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 5:29 pm

Reposted because of ignorance:

Quote:
I'll put it this way, we don't want your weapons in my office. There's a note on the door now because people are dying on a daily basis. Your dramatically defensive rhetoric about your guns is out of place in polite company.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 5:29 pm

sly279 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
sly279 wrote:
cberg wrote:
I for one don't place my capacity to shoot people ahead of the bare necessities for survival. I don't think it's actually conservative to obsessively focus on one or two parts of the constitution while selectively ignoring the rest. Trading freedom of the press, religion, speech & so on for weapons or easy money strikes me as quite a lousy deal.

See that’s the feeling problem, you think the only reasons people have guns is to run around murdering people. And with that attitude you’ll never get anywhere with gun people.

A bare necessities for survival is ability to defend yourself from others and animals. Guns are the most effective defensive tool.

The people who are pro gun are pro all the rights, the ones who are anti gun want to get ride of all the rights. They already attacking free speech, and freedom of press of non liberal press people.

So why are you so willing to give up all your human rights for lies told by democrat party?

I’m going to have to give up “all” my human rights?

I don’t think that’s very likely no matter which US political party is running the show.

Democrats are attacking early ever single right in the bill of rights. Non are safe from them.

I really don’t think the situation is as extreme as you are making it out to be. There are places in the world where people truly have few “human rights.”

Who gives a s**t, we use to have more rights then we have now. So are you ok with no rights as long as we have slightly more then North Korea? That’s nonsense.
It’s ok the Democrats locked us up and death labor camps, in North Korea they just shoot you. :roll: the whole other people have it worse is a stupid argument.
Mean the Jews in death camps had it worse the Jews in labor camps but I don’t think you’d pointed that out to them?

I can’t think of any rights that I want but don’t have or won’t have. That’s why I’m having trouble following you.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 5:39 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm not anti-gun at all, by the way. I've never had a particular objection to them.

But I don't believe they should be unregulated.

I also don't believe they will take away your guns---ever.

I’m really getting tired of pointing this out to you, guns are highly regulated. You seem to think they aren’t stop listing to cnns lies. There’s thousands of gun laws rhem are super highly regulated. You have to have all kinds of firearm licenses just to sell guns, the atf can enter your business and home at any point without a warrant to check thwt you are complying, failures to comply is life in prison. To buy a gun I get check by the state police and fbi. Every single time. Despite having a carry permit in which they check my with both agencies ever single day to make sure I’m still ok. When you buy a gun it can take an hour or more to get through the process they promised would only take 5 minutes. If I want to shorten my barrel 1/2 an inch I have to pay $200 and wait 6 months to 2 years for the atf to process my paperwork before I can do it, i then register thwt gun with them I can’t move without their permission which takes 6 months to 2 years. Do you think a 15 1/2” rifle is more dangerous then a 16” rifle? Nope it isn’t but government got to get them monies. Most gun laws is just the government trying to get money. They don’t do anything. In Canada you don’t need permission to have short barrel rifles or shotguns cause they aren’t anymore dangerous .
Guns and ammo are highly taxed yet they want to make it worse. They want you to pay $500 for the gun then pay them $400 in taxes for buying it. Could your imagine that on anything else? People would go nuts, they only support it cause it won’t effec the,, which is why you won’t ever see cars as regulated as guns. Cause most everyone drives a car and won’t have that s**t. Imagine having to pass a background check to just buy or rent a Carl imagine having to have that check every single day you own said car. Imagine if you wanted to put new tires in having to go to dmv pay $200, and wait 6 months or more to get permission to change the tires.
Imagine being told the fires are a car now so you have to pay more fees and register just the tires.
Any normal person of intelligent would know a stock isn’t a gun.its an accessory but the atf illegally ruled it is a gun. Which is now going be taken to Supreme Court and smacked down as a part of a gun isn’t a gun. Just as a tire isn’t a car.

Imagine they want to pas a law limiting you to 5 gallons of gasoline a month. And require you pay $50 for a background check to buy said 5 gallons. And they limiting tanks in cars to 2 gallon tanks. And you can’t take your car within 5 miles of any government building, schools, public places or any house of government officials.
Sounds great right?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 5:41 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
sly279 wrote:
cberg wrote:
I for one don't place my capacity to shoot people ahead of the bare necessities for survival. I don't think it's actually conservative to obsessively focus on one or two parts of the constitution while selectively ignoring the rest. Trading freedom of the press, religion, speech & so on for weapons or easy money strikes me as quite a lousy deal.

See that’s the feeling problem, you think the only reasons people have guns is to run around murdering people. And with that attitude you’ll never get anywhere with gun people.

A bare necessities for survival is ability to defend yourself from others and animals. Guns are the most effective defensive tool.

The people who are pro gun are pro all the rights, the ones who are anti gun want to get ride of all the rights. They already attacking free speech, and freedom of press of non liberal press people.

So why are you so willing to give up all your human rights for lies told by democrat party?

I’m going to have to give up “all” my human rights?

I don’t think that’s very likely no matter which US political party is running the show.

Democrats are attacking early ever single right in the bill of rights. Non are safe from them.

I really don’t think the situation is as extreme as you are making it out to be. There are places in the world where people truly have few “human rights.”

Who gives a s**t, we use to have more rights then we have now. So are you ok with no rights as long as we have slightly more then North Korea? That’s nonsense.
It’s ok the Democrats locked us up and death labor camps, in North Korea they just shoot you. :roll: the whole other people have it worse is a stupid argument.
Mean the Jews in death camps had it worse the Jews in labor camps but I don’t think you’d pointed that out to them?

I can’t think of any rights that I want but don’t have or won’t have. That’s why I’m having trouble following you.

Cause you’re a liberal. And it’s going get worse so in 10 years when most rights are gone remember back to today and say I only have myself to blame.
Most people in Germany didn’t realize what had happen until it was too late.
They came for the Jews and I did nothing, they came for the Catholics I did nothing, now they come for me and there’s no one to help

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 5:43 pm

cberg wrote:
I'm not pro or anti gun, some of us recognize the futility of that struggle. I do however think lots of people throw common sense out the window because having weapons is a power trip. Basing all your political thoughts about a nation of millions on your ability to shoot one of them is hopelessly lopsided reasoning.

I, done talking o you I’d report you for personal attack. It the mods are so biased left,

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 5:47 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm not anti-gun at all, by the way. I've never had a particular objection to them.

I’m really getting tired of pointing this out to you, guns are highly regulated. You seem to think they aren’t stop listing to cnns lies. There’s thousands of gun laws rhem are super highly regulated. You have to have all kinds of firearm licenses just to sell guns, the atf can enter your business and home at any point without a warrant to check thwt you are complying, failures to comply is life in prison. To buy a gun I get check by the state police and fbi. Every single time. Despite having a carry permit in which they check my with both agencies ever single day to make sure I’m still ok. When you buy a gun it can take an hour or more to get through the process they promised would only take 5 minutes. If I want to shorten my barrel 1/2 an inch I have to pay $200 and wait 6 months to 2 years for the atf to process my paperwork before I can do it, i then register thwt gun with them I can’t move without their permission which takes 6 months to 2 years. Do you think a 15 1/2” rifle is more dangerous then a 16” rifle? Nope it isn’t but government got to get them monies. Most gun laws is just the government trying to get money. They don’t do anything. In Canada you don’t need permission to have short barrel rifles or shotguns cause they aren’t anymore dangerous .
Guns and ammo are highly taxed yet they want to make it worse. They want you to pay $500 for the gun then pay them $400 in taxes for buying it. Could your imagine that on anything else? People would go nuts, they only support it cause it won’t effec the,, which is why you won’t ever see cars as regulated as guns. Cause most everyone drives a car and won’t have that s**t. Imagine having to pass a background check to just buy or rent a Carl imagine having to have that check every single day you own said car. Imagine if you wanted to put new tires in having to go to dmv pay $200, and wait 6 months or more to get permission to change the tires.
Imagine being told the fires are a car now so you have to pay more fees and register just the tires.
Any normal person of intelligent would know a stock isn’t a gun.its an accessory but the atf illegally ruled it is a gun. Which is now going be taken to Supreme Court and smacked down as a part of a gun isn’t a gun. Just as a tire isn’t a car.

Imagine they want to pas a law limiting you to 5 gallons of gasoline a month. And require you pay $50 for a background check to buy said 5 gallons. And they limiting tanks in cars to 2 gallon tanks. And you can’t take your car within 5 miles of any government building, schools, public places or any house of government officials.
Sounds great right?

That comparison doesn’t make any sense. People need gasoline to get to doctor’s appointments and places of employment. You don’t need a gun for anything and they are dangerous.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 6:11 pm

cberg wrote:
Your dramatically defensive rhetoric about your guns is out of place in polite company.

This is PPR , no polite people here dude , just a bunch of currant buns :twisted:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 6:15 pm

I'm always polite. And I'm always right.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 6:17 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

I’m always right, too. I just wish everyone else would see that... :lol:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 6:18 pm

This thread is prime example there’s 5 of us ganging up on me. This is wp for non liberals :(

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 6:18 pm

sly279 wrote:
This thread is prime example there’s 5 of us ganging up on me. This is wp for non liberals :(

Sly -- message me.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 6:20 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I’m always right, too. I just wish everyone else would see that... :lol:

You are both deluded , I am the righteous one

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 6:24 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Sounds great right?

That comparison doesn’t make any sense. People need gasoline to get to doctor’s appointments and places of employment. You don’t need a gun for anything and they are dangerous.

No you don’t, you can rid the bus, trains , bike or walk, no one needs cars, no one needs more then 5 gallons a month.

Do you have any idea how many rounds are shot per practice? And most people practice every weekend they use thousands of rounds a month, 20 rounds isn’t enough to train or just have fun, not even enough to hunt or defend yourself. So it’s a great comparison. And you proved my point when it’s something that directly effects you you’re agaianst ir, imagine the millions of lives saved by limiting people to 5 gallons.
I get around on the bus along with thousands of others, in new York and Tokyo most people don’t own or drive cars. People don’t need cars it’s a luxury item that kills thousands of people every year so people can be convenienced , nobody needs a car.