Page 5 of 44 [ 691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 44  Next

Is being gay normal or wrong?
It's perfectly normal, of course! 31%  31%  [ 193 ]
It's perfectly normal, of course! 31%  31%  [ 194 ]
It's wrong and people should be punished for such sodomy! 5%  5%  [ 34 ]
It's wrong and people should be punished for such sodomy! 5%  5%  [ 34 ]
It's really none of my business. 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
It's really none of my business. 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
Total votes : 625

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2005, 9:55 pm

Postperson wrote:
This thread is exactly what it's starter intended it to be.

To be totally honest it wasn't. I'm not very good when it comes to thinking about cocenquences, and as I've mentioned before, this is not what I intended it to become. I should have been thinking more heavily about the situation before I created such a poll.

But I'm still very very curious: Why did you say "You're gay"?

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 9:57 pm

see above, I added a definition in an edit.

stlf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 10:01 pm

Nayashi...don't bother to argue there is no point...people like post person are closed minded and just thrive on this kind of conflict. I've PM'd you a few other thoughts, please read them...maybe if we let this thread cool for a few days people will lose interest and we can resume a rational discussion

alex
Developer
Developer

19 Jul 2005, 10:10 pm

Postperson wrote:
This thread is exactly what it's starter intended it to be. A self serving exercise.

Anyway, back to the topic, when a friend of mine went out and bought exactly the same stereo as me I said, ugh, that is so gay!. Being gay is wrong.

You aren't making any sense. Stop it.

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2005, 10:33 pm

Alex, if it seems like locking this thread would be a good idea, I'd recomend doing it. I don't want anymore arguments, I really want everyone on this site to get along. It seems like the only place where sane people dwell recently.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 10:34 pm

Stop what?

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2005, 10:37 pm

I BEG OF YOU PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD. I feel awful posting this.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 10:42 pm

Bit overdramatic innit?

If you want to have a genuinely open discussion then you should be open to all opinions. If you want a fake discussion where everyone agrees with you, then what's the point?

I feel like there's a load of finger-wagging grannies here, but they're all under 25. How times have changed!

Last edited by Postperson on 19 Jul 2005, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2005, 10:44 pm

Listen, I just don't want to argue with anyone. I just wanted to know the feel of this board. You were one of the people who were saying "all this post accomplished is arguments" so please, stop trying to make things difficult.

I would seriously appreciate it. Thank you.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 10:47 pm

shrug

stlf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 11:15 pm

Postperson wrote:
Bit overdramatic innit?

If you want to have a genuinely open discussion then you should be open to all opinions. If you want a fake discussion where everyone agrees with you, then what's the point?

I feel like there's a load of finger-wagging grannies here, but they're all under 25. How times have changed!

Ms PostPerson, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 11:20 pm

Nayashi,

Just about any thread that addresses homosexuality in this forum ends up heated. At least people have the sense to keep their heated views here and not spread it all over the site. If you are concerned about divides being created from homosexual members geting offended at threads like this, don't be. To the best of my knowledge, Fogman is the first gay guy to get involved in these debates. For some strange reason, it's almost always straight people arguing their opinions about homosexuality. Liberal heterosexuals championing the gay agenda has always seemed bizare and pointless to me. It's happened many times before, it will probably happen again, and like always, as long as there are no personal attacks, everybody will go back to being civil and polite to each other in the other forums.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 4:58 am

Sean wrote:
Liberal heterosexuals championing the gay agenda has always seemed bizare and pointless to me.

If by the 'gay agenda' you mean equal treatment and freedom from harassment/intolerant people forcing their opinions of their sexuality on others, why would it seem bizarre? 8O The liberals you despise see equality and freedom as something worth arguing for, regardless of whether it affects them directly - therefore it is never pointless to challenge bigotry or ignorance. :evil:

Dunc

edit: By the way, you were wrong about this being the first time anyone other than a liberal heterosexual has got involved - you should check the other thread in the mature forum Sean.

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 5:08 am

Waht would you have the gays do Sean? Force themselves to be with women?

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2005, 7:55 am

Quote:
Ms PostPerson, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

20 Points for you.

Last edited by nayashi on 20 Jul 2005, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 8:30 am

I worked hard to edit my posts of personal stabs and chose to instill the words "I think" and "I feel" to them as well. I would recommend anyone else do the same too. I am normally the one to incite the riots around here but I'll work on easing that reputation up a bit. If you want to argue for or against, start bringing up some educated points or something close.
The personal firefights are developing here now.

The post is in the right spot..talk it out. Almost everything from page 4-6 here is nothing but stupid arguing. The train has derailed! Get back on the track folks.