Page 44 of 105 [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 105  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 12:38 am

aghogday wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
There's a strong element of the Hindu religion in the previous image.

One of my favorite mythological androgynous girls...

Kali..:)

or Beyonce..;)

Doing the victory over death dance!..:)

If I had 4 arms it would be a dream come true one for fapping another for holding a beer the other holding a joint and the last arm for holding the tv remote!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 12:54 am

I'm so sorry Karl. What have I done to you? 8O

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

badgerface
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2015, 6:18 am

I think I may be mistaken after all these years; Beyoncé's delicious posterior may well be proof that god exists.... :P

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 10:13 am

badgerface wrote:
I think I may be mistaken after all these years; Beyoncé's delicious posterior may well be proof that god exists.... :P

Yes, I've been watching that proof of GOD in Beyonce's hips that never lie.. SO far! beyond once..:)

People often underestimate the intelligence of folks for lack of complexity in common or stumbling verbal language, either written or spoken.

Beyonce speaks volumes in a physical intelligence that is well beyond most verbal language, in both effect and affect.

Just imagine how many children in reproductive, and in general, productivity and creativity, in affect and effect, those hips have generated, per "INSPIRATION" OF JUST DOING 'IT'..;)

And Oh GOD, if one returns that back to 'THE female mind', MOREOVER, and the softer element of Song, imagine how many women have been more willing in effect and affect to reproduce.. create or simply produce.. after hearing a gay man's song, per Elton John.

So yeah, in that way, Both Beyonce and Elton are the 'TRUE ORIGINATING' mother and or father of many children of 'the land', and other cultural 'byproducts', as well..:)

IN BOTH EFFECT AND affect the butterfly AFFECT and effect IS GOD2.. and of course everything else.. all dark and light that inspire what is..is.. NOw..:)

Yes, creativity and sex in all forms.. and inspiring abstract conceptual imagination behind the forms of creation activity are a happy 'mix' of 'children' AND 'satisfied adults'..:)

Yes, OH GOD YEX! tHere is more than one way to have..

SEX..;)!

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2015, 11:56 am

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 12:15 pm

sophisticated wrote:

Not that specific sand castle of course but there are many examples of things that happened in nature that look like intentional works of art. Here is a sampling:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20013_11-mind-blowing-sci-fi-scenes-created-by-nature.html

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2015, 12:36 pm

Janissy wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

Not that specific sand castle of course but there are many examples of things that happened in nature that look like intentional works of art. Here is a sampling:

[url]http://www.cracked.com/article_20013_11-mind-blowing-sci-fi-scenes-cre

Some more atheist logic:

Designed:

Not designed:

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 2:50 pm

sophisticated wrote:
Some more atheist logic:

Designed:

Not designed:

Um...yea.

An airplane and a bird do look pretty similar. It is indeed logical that one is designed and the other evolved. The design of airplanes (and of so many things humans design) intentionally copy what already works in nature. That humans had to design airplanes does not somehow mean that wings can't evolve. It means humans looked at the birds around them and copied what clearly worked.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 4:31 pm

@Janissy: It really makes no difference. I've been experimenting with making music based on chance, even going so far as manipulating white noise samples at a "micro sonic" (for lack of a better term) level to produce pure tones. When you have "pure" or "true" randomness, all tones (or sets of tones, in my case) have an equal chance of being heard at any given time. However, an equal chance of something happening doesn't mean it WILL happen. So if you repeat a random generation of tones probabilistically based on what ACTUALLY occurred, some events will become more likely while others become less likely, and eventually an extinction of less likely events will occur. The predominant tones that "survive" extinction survive as the result of a sort of feedback loop. I've found that music based on that idea, while originating as random processes, ended up sounding strikingly organic.

What I have NOT been able to do is get something close to "normal" music in the Western tradition…it still sounds more chaotic than I'd like. My next goal is to figure out a way to use a Gaussian distribution as a way of determining which events will occur and when. My harmonic progressions are static in the extreme, so I'd be more interested in getting greater rhythmic variation than what I'm doing at the moment. Xenakis was a genius at solving this problem, and I'm afraid I just don't have the math knowledge or skills yet. One day...

What's interesting to me, though, is that these kinds of patterns exist in nature at all, that a seemingly random process of generation and extinction via feedback loops that amplify the probabilities of certain events can get the results we see at present. Did a base pattern exist that a Designer knew would get these results? Were probabilities within this pattern manipulated to get the desired result? After all, the way I went about making my most recent music depended on one set of probabilities that certain events would happen. I could have chosen other patterns or deterministic methods. If something like a feedback loop drives evolution, and I'm not assuming that it does, but IF so then that means the world as we know it was not by chance but was rather inevitable. It is difficult to imagine anything other than a personal force was deliberately at work to bring about the world as we know it.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 4:50 pm

^^^^
Very interesting post and food for thought.

Also, any chance we can hear a clip of this generated music?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 5:16 pm

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 5:18 pm

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 5:30 pm

AngelRho wrote:
@Janissy: It really makes no difference. I've been experimenting with making music based on chance, even going so far as manipulating white noise samples at a "micro sonic" (for lack of a better term) level to produce pure tones. When you have "pure" or "true" randomness, all tones (or sets of tones, in my case) have an equal chance of being heard at any given time. However, an equal chance of something happening doesn't mean it WILL happen. So if you repeat a random generation of tones probabilistically based on what ACTUALLY occurred, some events will become more likely while others become less likely, and eventually an extinction of less likely events will occur. The predominant tones that "survive" extinction survive as the result of a sort of feedback loop. I've found that music based on that idea, while originating as random processes, ended up sounding strikingly organic.

What I have NOT been able to do is get something close to "normal" music in the Western tradition…it still sounds more chaotic than I'd like. My next goal is to figure out a way to use a Gaussian distribution as a way of determining which events will occur and when. My harmonic progressions are static in the extreme, so I'd be more interested in getting greater rhythmic variation than what I'm doing at the moment. Xenakis was a genius at solving this problem, and I'm afraid I just don't have the math knowledge or skills yet. One day...

What's interesting to me, though, is that these kinds of patterns exist in nature at all, that a seemingly random process of generation and extinction via feedback loops that amplify the probabilities of certain events can get the results we see at present. Did a base pattern exist that a Designer knew would get these results? Were probabilities within this pattern manipulated to get the desired result? After all, the way I went about making my most recent music depended on one set of probabilities that certain events would happen. I could have chosen other patterns or deterministic methods. If something like a feedback loop drives evolution, and I'm not assuming that it does, but IF so then that means the world as we know it was not by chance but was rather inevitable. It is difficult to imagine anything other than a personal force was deliberately at work to bring about the world as we know it.

One problem is that you don't have a 100 million years to experiment, as humans only live around a 100 years if they are lucky. It took some 40 million years since the dinosaurs for all the kinds of birds we have today to develop.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 6:07 pm

AngelRho wrote:
When you have "pure" or "true" randomness, all tones (or sets of tones, in my case) have an equal chance of being heard at any given time. However, an equal chance of something happening doesn't mean it WILL happen. So if you repeat a random generation of tones probabilistically based on what ACTUALLY occurred, some events will become more likely while others become less likely, and eventually an extinction of less likely events will occur. The predominant tones that "survive" extinction survive as the result of a sort of feedback loop. I've found that music based on that idea, while originating as random processes, ended up sounding strikingly organic.

First up as has already been suggested this is only a very small sample. Given the almost infinite number of sound waves and the length of time you have been generating them. Secondly what do you mean by "extinction", thirdly how are you allowing for sound waves outside the threshold of the human ear ie roughly 20hz - 20khz.

The trouble with all this "patterns and laws in nature must mean it has direction and design" philosophy being that it ignores the simple explanation that the patterns are a product of the environment and the environment is a product of itself. IE if things were different then they would be different, their would be different laws, different patterns, maybe no life, maybe different life. I acknowledge that the way the universe works seems deliberately set up to allow for life, but only if you look at life being the purpose rather than an outcome. And of course there is the little matter -when it comes to probabilities- that there is absolutely no reason that we live in the only available universe. So many times human belief in "our special position" has been proven wrong eg ours is the only planet, ours is the only solar system, ours is the only galaxy, what makes anyone think that "this is the only universe and it was set up to produce us" is true.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 9:55 pm

Janissy wrote:
^^^^
Very interesting post and food for thought.

Also, any chance we can hear a clip of this generated music?

Getting there. I may need another week or two. I've got a wedding this weekend I've been prepping for. I'm used to ceremonies that involve little if any collaboration, like maybe just me and a vocalist. This weekend I'm dealing with a guitarist who doesn't read music, a harpist, and a flutist. Three of us come from almost a strictly classical background, which leaves me trying to figure out how on earth I'm going to make this work with only one practice. It's going to be interesting, hopefully in a fun way!

But, yes, as soon as I get this weekend out of the way I can put the finishing touches on it.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 10:25 pm

Some interesting music has been composed by computers in recent years.
Here's one piece:

Here's a whole article on some computers that compose:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2014080 ... ard-before

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.