Page 48 of 96 [ 1523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 96  Next

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 3:34 pm

LKL wrote:
If a man really doesn't want kids, he should use a condom regardless of the woman's birth control or lack thereof. If he's afraid of her deceiving him, he shouldn't be having sex with her. If he's afraid of her deceivng him but wants to have sex with her anyway, he should provide his own condom and rinse it afterward. If he doesn't want to do all of that, he can get his tubes tied in an outpatient procedure. Men are not the helpless pawns of evil women who want to get knocked up - hell, if she's that desperate, she can get some med student's DNA for a relatively minor fee, and not have to deal with Mr.Self-important victim.
http://manboobz.com/2012/04/05/mens-rig ... -assholes/

The way some guys describe it is almost like some kind of reverse parasitism "They're after my sperm so they can grow a smaller version of me inside them and use it to take my money!! HAAALP!! !"

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 3:45 pm

Vigilans wrote:
LKL wrote:
If a man really doesn't want kids, he should use a condom regardless of the woman's birth control or lack thereof. If he's afraid of her deceiving him, he shouldn't be having sex with her. If he's afraid of her deceivng him but wants to have sex with her anyway, he should provide his own condom and rinse it afterward. If he doesn't want to do all of that, he can get his tubes tied in an outpatient procedure. Men are not the helpless pawns of evil women who want to get knocked up - hell, if she's that desperate, she can get some med student's DNA for a relatively minor fee, and not have to deal with Mr.Self-important victim.
http://manboobz.com/2012/04/05/mens-rig ... -assholes/

The way some guys describe it is almost like some kind of reverse parasitism "They're after my sperm so they can grow a smaller version of me inside them and use it to take my money!! HAAALP!! !"

Yes I agree a lot of guys in this thread think that and couldn't be more wrong about it.

15 Apr 2012, 3:51 pm

LKL wrote:

I seriously doubt any med student with any brains whatseover would do such a thing, LKL. Because if he did, she could easily file for child support and he'd be on the hook. You're simply advocating for women's self-interest and it's becoming increasingly clear to lawmakers that quite a few women have been using these child support laws for their own personal gain. And no, I do not hate women nor believe that women are eeevil! But you can bet your bottom dollar that women are just as selfish and self-interested as men and I refuse to pretend that they aren't.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 3:55 pm

Joker wrote:
If a man gets a women pregnant peroid he has to pay child support that's how the system works my dad didn't pay child support after he knocked up my mother and he took off that is not being a man a man steps up and takes care of his women and child.

Really? So, if a female teacher gets pregnant by a 14 year old male pupil, then the 14 year old boy should pay child support to the teacher even despite that teacher being a sex offender? (This has actually happened before by the way). If that's the case then why don't we be fair - if a man gets a 14 year old girl pregnant, give custody of the child to the man and let the girl pay child support.

15 Apr 2012, 3:58 pm

Jono wrote:
Joker wrote:
If a man gets a women pregnant peroid he has to pay child support that's how the system works my dad didn't pay child support after he knocked up my mother and he took off that is not being a man a man steps up and takes care of his women and child.

Really? So, if a female teacher gets pregnant by a 14 year old male pupil, then the 14 year old boy should pay child support to the teacher even despite that teacher being a sex offender? (This has actually happened before by the way). If that's the case then why don't we be fair - if a man gets a 14 year old girl pregnant, give custody of the child to the man and let the girl pay child support.

Dontcha just love these self-hating male sycophants who feel compelled to defend western women's sense of entitlement?

CloudLayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Apr 2012, 3:59 pm

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
Here's a nice thought about the validity and acceptance of some things said by feminists.
What if we switched the positions of women and men in those viewpoints, or better yet, ethnicities?
The 'airport' quote got me thinking.

Quote:
"There are not enough airports in the country for all the women who would want to leave if I were Prime Minister."
"There are not enough airports in the country for all the black people who would want to leave if I were Prime Minister."

Now, one of those quotes would rapidly get me accused of being a misogynist and a sexist; the other could be illegal depending on context where I live.
Here's another one about that lovely Viviane Reding's boardroom legislation.

Quote:
"Viviane Reding, the senior justice official in the European Union, was to announce a new effort Monday that could result in legislation requiring that women occupy up to 60 percent of the seats on corporate boards."
"Peter Reding, the senior justice official in the European Union, was to announce a new effort Monday that could result in legislation requiring that caucasians occupy up to 60 percent of the seats on corporate boards.

The first is called feminism; the second is called racism. However, they're both essentially the same thing - they favour one group above the other by law.
I'll leave a quick note here - if legislation forces businesses to hire a set percentage of women, it essentially forces them to hire only a set percentage of men. That is called sexism; inequality based on sex.
I'll invent another one by myself about the type of work that women are forced into because 'they are under-represented'.

Quote:
"There are relatively few women in high-level positions in large businesses. We should have legislation to change that."
"There are almost no women on oil rigs and sewer cleaning teams. We should have legislation to change that."

Which one would be well-received and which one would be branded crazy? Yet, on oil rigs and sewer cleaning teams, there are fewer women compared to men than in boardrooms.
And these jobs, although disgusting and physically tough, usually pay a lot more than comfy, same-level jobs held by the types who complain about the wage gap.

Quote:
"If a man has lied to a woman about birth control, and she gets pregnant, she should be able to decide on abortion."
"If a woman has lied to a man about birth control, and she gets pregnant, he should be able to decide on abortion."

Which one is a human right, and which one is a violation of human rights?

I addressed this when Ragtime said it earlier in the thread. I pointed out the gross inequality along gender lines in politics. You cannot switch the parties in a situation where a party that is at a gross disadvantage as a result of being a member of a group NOT privileged by inequality, and have the situation be equivalent.

Oil rigs/sewer jobs was a specious replacement to make. They are low-status jobs and there are many equivalently low-status jobs that women dominate the fields of. However, the high-status field in question of corporate boardroom jobs, as well as most other equivalently high-status jobs as in politics, is dominated by men. It is not treason but basic equality-mindedness to point out inequality or to point out people's refusal to take one's complaints of inequality seriously.

In the example of women tricking men into thinking birth control is being used: I don't know of anyone who would deny that that is a highly immoral thing to do. I'm not sure how often it actually happens either, but in any case... To bring up the average physical dominance of men topic, I also don't know of anyone who would deny that a man using his superior strength to beat up his wife is a highly immoral thing to do also. These are both unfortunate cases and both highly difficult to prove happened despite what you allege about women lying in rape cases. In no case does another person have domain over another's physical body, however.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 4:11 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
Jono wrote:
Joker wrote:

Dontcha just love these self-hating male sycophants who feel compelled to defend western women's sense of entitlement?

The male made his descion to sleep with her he should still support her in any way he can.

AspieRouge you come off as bitter when it comes to women just sayin.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 4:12 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

Actually, the state of West Virginia has a law where women who violate PCAs and get pregnant as a result of lying to the man about using BC, they are not legally eligible to receive child support payments. Pretty sure I've mentioned this ABOUT A MILLION TIMES BEFORE. Reproductive coercion is despicable and more states need to follow WV's example.

Do the PCAs specifically absolve the party with the penis of any responsibility in the event of pregnancy? If so, then the use of birth control is moot.

No, it's not. If she lies about using birth control in order to trick a man into getting her pregnant when he makes his wishes clear that he does not wish to have children, then she cannot legally compel the accidental father to pay child support. People of both sexes have been using this dirty trick to control the other person and trap them in a relationship against their will. Women have a way out: It's called ABORTION. Men generally do not outside of West Virginia. People like you will defend the woman no matter what because you foolishly believe that she always puts the child's needs before her own.

I'm not defending anyone. I'm only stating the facts.

The surest way for a man to avoid this dilemma is to keep his penis out of her vagina.

If a man wishes to proceed with vaginal coitus, then he would be advised first to consult a lawyer and have a solid PCA written up and signed.

Lying about using birth control in order to trick a man into impregnating her is among the oldest tricks known to mankind. Birth control methods frequently fail. If she tells the judge that she did not lie to you about birth control, then, without a PCA, you are up a creek. Without a PCA, the judge simply isn't going to listen to the owner of the penis.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 4:14 pm

Joker wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
Jono wrote:
Joker wrote:

The male made his descion to sleep with her he should still support her in any way he can.

You do realize that in my scenario, the male was raped, right?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 4:16 pm

Jono wrote:
Joker wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
Jono wrote:
Joker wrote:

The boy wasn't raped because the female can not force a man to get hard against his will it is called statutory rape which under the law is only considered rape if the parents press charges.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 4:18 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
it is rather like a boss compromising with an employee - it will not be a true compromise.

I don't believe that a boss compromising with an employee is not a 'true' compromise based only on that they are a boss and an employee. Sure, it might be impossible for a bad boss, but that assumes that you have a bad boss.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 4:19 pm

CloudLayer wrote:

I addressed this when Ragtime said it earlier in the thread. I pointed out the gross inequality along gender lines in politics. You cannot switch the parties in a situation where a party that is at a gross disadvantage as a result of being a member of a group NOT privileged by inequality, and have the situation be equivalent.

Oil rigs/sewer jobs was a specious replacement to make. They are low-status jobs and there are many equivalently low-status jobs that women dominate the fields of. However, the high-status field in question of corporate boardroom jobs, as well as most other equivalently high-status jobs as in politics, is dominated by men. It is not treason but basic equality-mindedness to point out inequality or to point out people's refusal to take one's complaints of inequality seriously.

Isn't this a bit of a question of educational choice as well? In Norway there is a law that mandates that 40% of the board must be women in a company with a certain structure, now about 4 years after this law was put in, women are still 15% of the board, which is pretty much what they were before, but a ton of companies have changed from the "ASA" structure which mandates 40% women to the "AS"(LTD equivalent) to avoid the law. Is this because the companies are against women, or is it because there is a lack of women with the needed qualifications? The German bank issue showed that the females had less experience and education than men with the equivalent position, the women had master degrees on average while the men had doctorates and also more experience within the field.

So, I guess the question is, if there is a company within an industry where lets say 75% are male and 25% female, wouldn't 25% of the board members be the correct number rather than 40%? Wouldn't it also follow that in a company with that ratio 1:3 women to men, that there will be 3 men with the relevant qualifications for every woman?

I'm all for women in management and board rooms provided that they have the same experience as the men in equivalent positions, if you take any other position you are advocating that women be given positions not because they have the best qualifications but because they are women. If men are lets say 1/10 out of an industry, does it on any level make sense that they should make up 50% of management positions?

Last edited by TM on 15 Apr 2012, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 4:21 pm

Joker wrote:
The boy wasn't raped because the female can not force a man to get hard against his will it is called statutory rape which under the law is only considered rape if the parents press charges.

Yes they can.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/t60447681m7531l2/
http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbNa ... ID=32361#3

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 4:23 pm

TM wrote:
Joker wrote:

Yes they can.

Your comment is the same as saying a man cannot get a woman wet against her will and they most certainly can.

Only if they force him to take something against his will btw a man raping a woman is not really getting them wet against their wil it is rape plain and simple.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 4:25 pm

Joker wrote:
TM wrote:
Joker wrote:

Yes they can.

Your comment is the same as saying a man cannot get a woman wet against her will and they most certainly can.

Only if they force him to take something against his will btw a man raping a woman is not really getting them wet against their wil it is rape plain and simple.

No, they do not have to force them to take viagra or cialis or some other drug, its your opinion which is a common myth vs science here Joker. A woman does get wet when she gets raped because its a natural response to penetration.

"It is not uncommon for a male rape victim to blame himself for the rape, believing that he in some way gave permission to the rapist (Brochman, 1991). Male rape victims suffer a similar fear that female rape victims face -- that people will believe the myth that they may have enjoyed being raped. Some men may believe they were not raped or that they gave consent because they became sexually aroused, had an erection, or ejaculated during the sexual assault. These are normal, involuntary physiological reactions. It does not mean that the victim wanted to be raped or sexually assaulted, or that the survivor enjoyed the traumatic experience. Sexual arousal does not necessarily mean there was consent."

Oh my god, Joker I just realized, you're a male misandrist, you are a man who hates men.

Last edited by TM on 15 Apr 2012, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 4:25 pm

Joker wrote:
Jono wrote:
Joker wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
Jono wrote:
Joker wrote:

Incorrect, on both counts.