Page 6 of 15 [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 9:52 pm

shrox wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
shrox wrote:
A vote for Mitt Romney is a vote for civil war.

How so? Please specify.

ruveyn

Because he seeks to take away my right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

When did he say or do that? And how?

And how does someone who holds no office deprive you of anything?

ruveyn

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 10:13 pm

ruveyn wrote:
shrox wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
shrox wrote:

How so? Please specify.

ruveyn

Because he seeks to take away my right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

ruveyn

Mitt Romney strongly opposes making marijuana available for medical reasons

"People talk about medicinal marijuana, and, you know, you hear that story: People who are sick need medicinal marijuana. But marijuana is the entry drug for people trying to get kids hooked on drugs. I don't want medicinal marijuana. There are synthetic forms of marijuana that are available for people who need it for prescription. Don't open the doorway to medicinal marijuana." -Mitt Romney

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNkTf9kdrhs[/youtube]

Romney seeks to take away MY right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. Being able to walk, hold and object, feed myself, not have a caretaker, etc. are all part of MY pursuit of Happiness. By taking away medical cannabis, he violates my Constitutional Rights.

I was diagnosed with Parkinson's in Sept. 2000, Fibromyalga in 2005, and Dystonia in about 2006. Lack of dopamine causes the conditions. I have tried the primary offerings of the medical establishment, Mirapex and Requip (dopamine agonists). Both made me violently ill, I could not work because of the side effects. I tried medical cannabis to quell the vomiting, and it worked. My symptoms were greatly reduced, so much so that I stopped taking the dopamine agonists, was able to go back to work, walk normally and even run. Six weeks before I could not do that. I did my research using advanced bio-molecular 3d modeling, and discovered that THC contains a dopamine molecule! Marihuana also contains CBD, CBN, THCV, CBL and CBC, other cannabinoids that seem to be part of the solution for me.

So, I know what I am talking about when it comes to me. Romney wants to take this away, and MAYBE substitute Marinol, a synthetic version of THC. It costs up to $5000 a month for 90 pills, three a day for a month, (my TriCare insurance did cover the $3600 a month I was charged.) What I use is free and natural.

I think I am right on this one.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm

ruveyn wrote:
...And how does someone who holds no office deprive you of anything?

ruveyn

You do know he is running for President of the United States of America, thus the title of this thread? Sorry if that wasn't clear...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 10:39 pm

There's always Canada.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 10:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
There's always Canada.

No, stay and fight for my rights.

The spice must flow!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 10:46 pm

shrox wrote:
Fnord wrote:
There's always Canada.
No, stay and fight for my rights. The spice must flow!

Well ... what are you willing to put up with to cop your daily buzz?

Sharia Law, Christian style?

A white house run by Conspiracy Theorists?

A stalled Congress?

Tax & Spend economics?

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 10:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
shrox wrote:
Fnord wrote:
There's always Canada.

Sharia Law, Christian style?

A white house run by Conspiracy Theorists?

A stalled Congress?

Tax & Spend economics?

None of the above.

Why do you believe I "cop a daily buzz?"

This is the biggest misconception about how medical marihuana works for me. I don't get high. It's going to work replacing the missing dopamine. If I used enough I sure I would get high, but I don't. Got it?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 11:17 pm

shrox wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
shrox wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
shrox wrote:

How so? Please specify.

ruveyn

ruveyn

Mitt Romney strongly opposes making marijuana available for medical reasons

"People talk about medicinal marijuana, and, you know, you hear that story: People who are sick need medicinal marijuana. But marijuana is the entry drug for people trying to get kids hooked on drugs. I don't want medicinal marijuana. There are synthetic forms of marijuana that are available for people who need it for prescription. Don't open the doorway to medicinal marijuana." -Mitt Romney

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNkTf9kdrhs[/youtube]

Romney seeks to take away MY right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. Being able to walk, hold and object, feed myself, not have a caretaker, etc. are all part of MY pursuit of Happiness. By taking away medical cannabis, he violates my Constitutional Rights.

I was diagnosed with Parkinson's in Sept. 2000, Fibromyalga in 2005, and Dystonia in about 2006. Lack of dopamine causes the conditions. I have tried the primary offerings of the medical establishment, Mirapex and Requip (dopamine agonists). Both made me violently ill, I could not work because of the side effects. I tried medical cannabis to quell the vomiting, and it worked. My symptoms were greatly reduced, so much so that I stopped taking the dopamine agonists, was able to go back to work, walk normally and even run. Six weeks before I could not do that. I did my research using advanced bio-molecular 3d modeling, and discovered that THC contains a dopamine molecule! Marihuana also contains CBD, CBN, THCV, CBL and CBC, other cannabinoids that seem to be part of the solution for me.

So, I know what I am talking about when it comes to me. Romney wants to take this away, and MAYBE substitute Marinol, a synthetic version of THC. It costs up to $5000 a month for 90 pills, three a day for a month, (my TriCare insurance did cover the $3600 a month I was charged.) What I use is free and natural.

I think I am right on this one.

You are right on this one!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 11:29 pm

shrox wrote:
Fnord wrote:
shrox wrote:
Fnord wrote:
There's always Canada.
None of the above. Why do you believe I "cop a daily buzz?" This is the biggest misconception about how medical marihuana works for me. I don't get high. It's going to work replacing the missing dopamine. If I used enough I sure I would get high, but I don't. Got it?

Right :wink:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 11:56 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44806723/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/calif-pot-dispensaries-told-feds-shut-down/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/06/pot-activists-threaten-obama-2012_n_1190301.html

http://2012.candidate-comparison.org/?compare=Romney&vs=Obama&on=Marijuana

Although I'm not a Romney supporter, it doesn't appear that Obama is too friendly to the idea of states rights for medical marijuana either.

It appears that Ron Paul would have been the only safe bet, in ensuring access to medical marijuana is not restricted.

In the last link Obama's official position in 2011, doesn't appear to match his opinion given on the campaign trail in 2007.

I don't think I need to ask the question if you would vote for Paul over Romney, but would you support Paul over Obama, considering the Obama administration current stance on the issue?

I see the issue that some would have over the price of synthetic marijuana drugs, but I wonder if health care reform stands, if it will be used as justification to further restrict medical marijuana, if Obama wins another term.

If there is any truth that the pharmeceutical companies have the influence they are suggested to have in governmental operations, I would think that would be a concern for someone, that really depends on the benefits they gain, from the medical use of marijuana.

Could explain part of the reason why Ron Paul is so popular among younger folks, particularly for those that want to see it legalized for all.

I had no idea that the current administration was trying to restrict access to medicinal marijuana until you made this post.

Of course as far as pain and suffering, cost and benefit, of political policies, Ron Paul would definitely try to eliminate health care reform, along with other programs. So there is concern there, as well, when it comes to potential pain and suffering for some.

From what I can see, from the information I could find, as it exists, it appears that Obama is a little less of a threat than Romney, on this topic of concern, and Obama has jockeyed himself to be a reasonable choice for both those that are generally against legalization of marijuana, and those concerned that Romney might be more forceful in federal action in states where medicinal marijuana is legal.

Of course unless Paul runs as an Independent, which appears to be a real potential. If you don't mind me asking just out of curiosity, would you vote for Paul as an independent, if he runs in that capacity? And if so, is this factor a determining factor for you?

Since I'm asking I guess it's only fair for me to volunteer my opinion. I would vote for Obama strictly on the basis of the health care issue, and I really doubt that in actuality, that either Obama or Romney are going to attempt to take federal action on Medicinal marijuana that would completely restrict medicinal marijuana, in states where it is legal.

However, both Paul and Romney would do their best to overturn healthcare reform, although I doubt they would even be fully successful in that effort.

There is a great deal of talk, but the actual results of policies for those in office don't appear to be that much different, anymore, regardless if a Republican or a Democrat is in office.

Not sure that Paul, could even have much of an impact, if he were elected, except for potentially stopping all federal action on those currently dispensing marijuana, in states were it is legal.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 11:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
shrox wrote:
Fnord wrote:
shrox wrote:
Fnord wrote:
There's always Canada.
None of the above. Why do you believe I "cop a daily buzz?" This is the biggest misconception about how medical marihuana works for me. I don't get high. It's going to work replacing the missing dopamine. If I used enough I sure I would get high, but I don't. Got it?

Right :wink:

Thank you.

Oh wait, sarcasm...

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 12:04 am

I'd like to see where in the constitution anything gives him the right to tell anyone what they can and can't put in to their bodies for any reason, medical or otherwise.

America is supposed to be based on rights, isn't it? Freedom? So why do people keep trying to take them away from each other?

I'd like to be left alone to go to hell in whatever manner I chose. I don't think that's too much to ask.

You will reap what you've sown.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 12:06 am

aghogday wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44806723/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/calif-pot-dispensaries-told-feds-shut-down/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/06/pot-activists-threaten-obama-2012_n_1190301.html

http://2012.candidate-comparison.org/?compare=Romney&vs=Obama&on=Marijuana

Although I'm not a Romney supporter, it doesn't appear that Obama is too friendly to the idea of states rights for medical marijuana either.

It appears that Ron Paul would have been the only safe bet, in ensuring access to medical marijuana is not restricted.

In the last link Obama's official position in 2011, doesn't appear to match his opinion given on the campaign trail in 2007.

I don't think I need to ask the question if you would vote for Paul over Romney, but would you support Paul over Obama, considering the Obama administration current stance on the issue?

I see the issue that some would have over the price of synthetic marijuana drugs, but I wonder if health care reform stands, if it will be used as justification to further restrict medical marijuana, if Obama wins another term.

If there is any truth that the pharmeceutical companies have the influence they are suggested to have in governmental operations, I would think that would be a concern for someone, that really depends on the benefits they gain, from the medical use of marijuana.

Could explain part of the reason why Ron Paul is so popular among younger folks, particularly for those that want to see it legalized for all.

I had no idea that the current administration was trying to restrict access to medicinal marijuana until you made this post.

Of course as far as pain and suffering, cost and benefit, of political policies, Ron Paul would definitely try to eliminate health care reform, along with other programs. So there is concern there, as well, when it comes to potential pain and suffering for some.

From what I can see, from the information I could find, as it exists, it appears that Obama is a little less of a threat than Romney, on this topic of concern, and Obama has jockeyed himself to be a reasonable choice for both those that are generally against legalization of marijuana, and those concerned that Romney might be more forceful in federal action in states where medicinal marijuana is legal.

Of course unless Paul runs as an Independent, which appears to be a real potential. If you don't mind me asking just out of curiosity, would you vote for Paul as an independent, if he runs in that capacity? And if so, is this factor a determining factor for you?

Since I'm asking I guess it's only fair for me to volunteer my opinion. I would vote for Obama strictly on the basis of the health care issue, and I really doubt that in actuality, that either Obama or Romney are going to attempt to take federal action on Medicinal marijuana that would completely restrict medicinal marijuana, in states where it is legal.

However, both Paul and Romney would do their best to overturn healthcare reform, although I doubt they would even be fully successful in that effort.

There is a great deal of talk, but the actual results of policies for those in office don't appear to be that much different, anymore, regardless if a Republican or a Democrat is in office.

Not sure that Paul, could even have much of an impact, if he were elected, except for potentially stopping all federal action on those currently dispensing marijuana, in states were it is legal.

Honestly, Mr. Paul is just a little to old to count on for two terms. I am disappointed in Obama on medical cannabis, but give him a passing grade overall.

Maybe there could be a "don't ask, don't know" policy about MM, or even better, a "don't know, don't care" policy. I be quite about it then, but I don't know if I would accept a special waiver just for me, like Irvin Rosenfeld has received.
http://www.videojug.com/interview/life- ... ecipient-2

I see cigarettes overuse and alcohol abuse as much bigger threats to health, economies and society.

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 12:32 am

shrox wrote:
I am disappointed in Obama on medical cannabis

You might want to read up on Gary Johnson.

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/issues/drug-policy-reform

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 1:47 am

abacacus wrote:
I'd like to see where in the constitution anything gives him the right to tell anyone what they can and can't put in to their bodies for any reason, medical or otherwise.

That brings up an interesting question; why did it take a Constitutional amendment to prohibit alcohol, but the war on drugs required no such rigorous procedure to pass legal muster?

- Rick Sanchez

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 1:55 am

Dox47 wrote:
abacacus wrote:

That brings up an interesting question; why did it take a Constitutional amendment to prohibit alcohol, but the war on drugs required no such rigorous procedure to pass legal muster?

Because rights are no longer respected when they get in the way of politics and authority figures.

You will reap what you've sown.