Page 6 of 11 [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 10:08 pm

Well it's weird because the BLM seems to be anti-white in some of their demands and they seem to want to seperate from them, but at the same time, a lot of white people seem to be in the group. So maybe the BLM may be taking what they can get, and just using them as pawns for the time being perhaps?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 10:22 pm

ironpony wrote:
Well it's weird because the BLM seems to be anti-white in some of their demands and they seem to want to seperate from them, but at the same time, a lot of white people seem to be in the group. So maybe the BLM may be taking what they can get, and just using them as pawns for the time being perhaps?

They aren't anti-white just anti-white supremacism, and I don't think they are using anyone as pawns. Their point has never been that black lives matter more...they just want them to matter equally.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 10:27 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
wittgenstein wrote:
emomonkey wrote, "There were thousands of black people protesting the death of a man who died of a drug overdose in police custody a few months ago and they weren't arrested unless someone got extremely violent..." Hmm so peaceful protesters should be arrested?

Absolutely not! The right to protest is a fundamental right of all Americans. No one should ever be arrested for protesting. Trump has supported and defended peaceful protesters many times.

Quote:
Can you give me an example of a violent protester that was released? CRICKETS! Stop making up BS.

I can give you a hundred. Here's 16 for starters:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... ed-without bail/

Yeah but honestly:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 5:29 am

ironpony wrote:

Majority rules. If you change getting the majority cohort on your side is a big help. Nothing much happened until the suburban white kids in the neighborhoods where the cops live started turning out in droves for BLM protests.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 8:34 am

ironpony wrote:

BLM are working to divide society...Have you noticed that they only focus on cases which can be used to drive a wedge between sections of the community, rather than framing issues in a way that would encourage people of all colours to unite? Or that they only focus on "special" black lives, ignoring others like David Dorn (killed during a BLM riot), or Bernell Trammell (a BLM and Trump supporter, not sure what is known about his killer).

wittgenstein
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 10:40 am

So if I care about lets say Global Warming I should protest against ALL injustices???? If I concentrate on one cause I am a hypocrite because I must also protest the lack of a right to a trial. the destruction of the rain forest, Russian meddling in our election, economic stratification, animal cruelty, ... I should never protest unless I protest for all causes???? If I am being stabbed I can say. " MY LIFE MATTERS" but only if I add and your life also matters, and Joe's life matters and Sue's life matters... That is silly!

I love debate!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtckVng_1a0
My debate style is calm and deadly!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-230v_ecAcM

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 11:02 am

ironpony wrote:

Fighting for civil rights is not being anti white. They want to be equal to us. Not be treated as sub human.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 11:39 am

wittgenstein wrote:
So if I care about lets say Global Warming I should protest against ALL injustices???? If I concentrate on one cause I am a hypocrite because I must also protest the lack of a right to a trial. the destruction of the rain forest, Russian meddling in our election, economic stratification, animal cruelty, ... I should never protest unless I protest for all causes???? If I am being stabbed I can say. " MY LIFE MATTERS" but only if I add and your life also matters, and Joe's life matters and Sue's life matters... That is silly!

The question would be: Do you focus on unarmed people of one race being killed by police, disregarding how people of all races are victims of this, or do you focus on the police killing unarmed people, regardless of the race of the victim?

One approach is racist and designed to divide the community, the other is a unifying, seeking to bring the community together.

wittgenstein
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 11:42 am

I am not being defensive. its just that I love debate!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtckVng_1a0&t=4s

I love debate!

wittgenstein
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 11:55 am

Brictoria,
You wrote, “
BLM are working to divide society...Have you noticed that they only focus on cases which can be used to drive a wedge between sections of the community, rather than framing issues in a way that would encourage people of all colours to unite? Or that they only focus on "special" black lives, ignoring others like David Dorn (killed during a BLM riot), or Bernell Trammell (a BLM and Trump supporter, not sure what is known about his killer).”
Basically, you are saying that BLM is trying to divide society. How? Do you think they are trying to start a race war? That is silly. So, if my mother is killed, I have to protest the deaths of all murdered mothers? That would be noble. But you are wrong to criticize me if I concentrate on my own mother’s death.

I love debate!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 4:02 pm

wittgenstein wrote:
Brictoria,
You wrote, “
BLM are working to divide society...Have you noticed that they only focus on cases which can be used to drive a wedge between sections of the community, rather than framing issues in a way that would encourage people of all colours to unite? Or that they only focus on "special" black lives, ignoring others like David Dorn (killed during a BLM riot), or Bernell Trammell (a BLM and Trump supporter, not sure what is known about his killer).”
Basically, you are saying that BLM is trying to divide society. How? Do you think they are trying to start a race war? That is silly. So, if my mother is killed, I have to protest the deaths of all murdered mothers? That would be noble. But you are wrong to criticize me if I concentrate on my own mother’s death.

If you have different priorities than the ones deemed politically correct by conservatives you're not allowed to have or express that opinion. Why do you think they always bring up black on black crime as a rebuttal to discussions of police brutality. As long as crime exists within certain communities some people appear dedicated to dismissing any concerns those communities might have about how they are treated in police encounters will be treated as inherently invalid. How dare those communities desire for police exist to serve and protect them as well? How dare they expect cops to be held to a higher standard than criminals are. How dare they expect cops to be held accountable when they commit a crime? :roll:

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 4:10 pm

Brictoria wrote:
wittgenstein wrote:

The question would be: Do you focus on unarmed people of one race being killed by police, disregarding how people of all races are victims of this, or do you focus on the police killing unarmed people, regardless of the race of the victim?

Are the number of people being killed proportional to the racial makeup of the population? Or is there a bias that makes one group more likely to be killed? Wouldn't you want to know why that population is at greater risk?

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Sep 2020, 4:22 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
wittgenstein wrote:

Are the number of people being killed proportional to the racial makeup of the population? Or is there a bias that makes one group more likely to be killed? Wouldn't you want to know why that population is at greater risk?

Statistics show white people are more likely to be killed by police despite having less involvement than black people due to not committing as many crimes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 4:28 pm

Brictoria wrote:
ironpony wrote:

BLM are working to divide society...Have you noticed that they only focus on cases which can be used to drive a wedge between sections of the community, rather than framing issues in a way that would encourage people of all colours to unite? Or that they only focus on "special" black lives, ignoring others like David Dorn (killed during a BLM riot), or Bernell Trammell (a BLM and Trump supporter, not sure what is known about his killer).

Those two were not killed by the police though? I doubt it's true BLM doesn't care, however their deaths aren't an example of the thing they are protesting. Also, protesting citizen on citizen murder, is all but pointless if they will face full penalty of law...unlike a police officer who will be protected and get a slap on the wrist if they kill someone. If you can't see how police murdering someone and a citizen murdering someone are a bit different IDK what to tell you.

Also BLM activists do not encourage rioting, and have more than once implored protestors to remain peaceful. But yeah they aren't in charge of all the protestors and aren't the only group protesting. Also worth noting that quite a few of these 'riots' that have occurred were manufactured by the police intentionally, so they had an excuse to make more arrests there wasn't rioting until the police started shooting tear gas and less lethal munitions in many of these instances.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 4:33 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
wittgenstein wrote:

Statistics show white people are more likely to be killed by police despite having less involvement than black people due to not committing as many crimes.

Actually, statistics show that black people have approximately twice the rate fatalities with police shootings.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 4:46 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
wittgenstein wrote:

13% of the population is black and 63% white as of 2019, black people are disportionately killed even though statistically more white people may get killed.

Also how does 'white people get killed to' make it ok, no one should be getting killed by the police unless it is an absolute last resort there was no real way around. I am mad about black people being unjustly killed by police and I am mad about white people getting unjustly killed by the police so why would I not want to be in support of BLM?