Page 6 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2024, 9:45 pm

I'm a Pro-Lifer for Kamala. Is that so wrong? Is it outlandish to support a candidate even though I don't agree with all of her policies?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2024, 10:14 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm a Pro-Lifer for Kamala. Is that so wrong? Is it outlandish to support a candidate even though I don't agree with all of her policies?

I think that's pretty normal. It's rare to find someone who's perfectly agreeable so usually people end up supporting the one they find least terrible.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2024, 4:05 pm

When conservatives insist that bans on lies, racism, antisemitism, and hate unfairly target conservatives, can we recognize that as an admission that self-identified conservatives either are lying hate mongers, or at least agree with lying hate mongers?

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2024, 4:16 pm

Does being a "Pro-lifer" mean your name is on the embryo transplant register?

Why not?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 5:55 pm

I can't imagine the kind of mental gymnastics people go through to convince themselves that they're doing a good and virtuous deed while they economically destroy and suppress a population based on the idea that said population's growing wealth and numbers risk posing a significant political threat to the status quo.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

ColdFeetareCold
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2024, 5:54 pm

I would be pro-life if I had more faith in people. I'm pro-choice because most people would be terrible guardians, not because I believe it is their choice to end lives. I find myself very uncomfortable on "my side" of the fence, but it's the lesser evil.

Ideally, we'd live in the kind of word where the adoption system was less corrupt and people were kinder.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 5:11 pm

I am a Christian who attended a nondenominational Baptist church for 16 years with a church a half mile away from my home. My Pastor went home (past away) in April this year and was someone I was very close and considered a close friend and understood my autism. Seeing him in the hospital in his last days was very difficult emotionally and sank me into depression (along with other factors) after he past away. I miss him dearly. He could talk to anybody and used to joke he could carry on a conversation with a telephone pole lol.

I have been looking into other churches as a new Pastor had came in and it's just never felt the same. The new Pastor has some very different beliefs from my old Pastor. My Pastor who past away came from a Lutheran background but became aligned with the Baptist church.

I am now exploring what direction I want to go in with my faith. There have been alot of struggles sometimes trying to reconcile my autism, mental health with my faith but I haven't given up and know even though I can't feel him at times I know Jesus is there.

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2024, 11:18 am

Is God and The Lord of the Dance the same person

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2024, 1:16 pm

Hmm… It could be. I was thinking God and Lord of the Rings (aka Sauron) were the same person, but maybe, from time to time, God also likes to go on tour and dance.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2024, 2:32 pm

babybird wrote:
Is God and The Lord of the Dance the same person

If you mean this particular song of that title then absolutely "the lord of the dance" is Christ/God.

https://youtu.be/n1yzqsWxcBY

The vid IDs as a "traditional Irish hymn" which I suspect is nonsense.

If you subtract the extra Irish-jig beats you have this American composition by Aaron Copeland.

https://youtu.be/FMtCh0VuoKg

Aaron Copland "sampled" this Shaker Hymn (an early American Protestant sect thats mostly died out)in his piece "Appalachian Spring".

https://youtu.be/ccHfDX9GChc

Not that I am complaining. The Irish version is great new wine in great old bottle.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2024, 2:56 pm

Yeah I meant that song

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2024, 8:34 pm

I'm afraid of this scenario:

I'm in the passenger seat while a relative is driving. A cop pulls us over and my designated driver gets arrested for whatever reason. I ask the cop if I can get a ride back home. He tells me he's not a taxi service and that I should call an Uber or something. I tell him I have no money and he tells me to get a job. He drives off with my designated driver and I'm left on the street not knowing what to do.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 11:48 pm

If Justin Trudeau wins the next election, I'm going to flee to Germany. I'm sick of Trudeau's stance on life issues. I wish he'd euthanize himself.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2024, 12:38 am

The Amateur Radio Association -- of which I am a lifetime member -- recently switched its repeater from analog to digital operation without any advanced warning.  I can no longer communicate via radio with any association members or officers.  No answers to my calls or emails, either.

Man, talk about being ghosted!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2024, 3:12 am

Only 1 repeater?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2024, 1:21 pm

How many times had had this happened so far?

Quote:
... once prayers for peace fail, one may need to instill fear to bring peace ...

I really truly wonder...
Where does it end?

Principles and overall collective beliefs?
Laws, ethics, and concept of equality?

The transactions of materials and services, the distribution of resources and access to it?
Language, culture, social norms?
Religions, politics, educational systems?

Land borders, historical contexts along with it's grudges?
Cycles and dynamics between perpetrators, victims, and saviors?
Collective trauma -- at home, at groups, at a concepts, at nature itself??
Symbols? Idols? Ideology? Sayings and teachings? Evolution?? Paradigms and mass levels of consciousness??

Love? Fear? Motivations? Mutual agreements? Understandings? Empathy? Globalization? Power? Strength? Force? Sustainability? Post-scarcity?

Even death and destruction -- extinction is one of the most sure fire way; that can be a matter of 'when'...
But everyone, even thoughts itself, let alone some so complex as a human being, have a sense of self preservation.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.