Page 59 of 82 [ 1307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 82  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 7:31 pm

Jacoby wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Honestly, you can blame Woodrow Wilson for his racist views.

But you can't blame him for US entry into WW I. It was a necessary act.

I believe it would be a BIG mistake for our nation to become Isolationist vis-à-vis the world.

Woodrow Wilson straight up lied in 1916 to get elected, his slogan was something like "he kept us out of war" and he was the one that started this whole war from democracy crap. Wilsonian, Trotskyite, and neoconservative foreign policy are pretty similar. How was US entry into WWI necessary? Do you even know who and why we were fighting? Most people don't, how does the assassination of the Archduke of Austria-Hungary throw the entire world into war?

If the US didn't get involved in WWI, then WWII and the Nazis might not of happened. They would of had to negotiate a fair peace deal or they would collapsed into revolution against the ruling monarchies or republican governments. France was very close to having a communist revolution during WWI IIRC. Why we can't involved in the first place is completely dubious, the Zimmerman telegram and the sinking of the Lusitania which was carrying tons and tons of guns and munitions to the UK were hardly reasons to go to war.

In this instance, I agree with you. Unlike WWII. it was hardly a matter of one side instigating the conflict to conquer their neighbors - rather, each combatant nation was pulled into the war due to treaty obligations, and having too much national pride to call for a stop to it all. That, and Kaiser Wilhelm was hardly anything close to Hitler.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 7:45 pm

"A light foot print in the World. No more nation building."

Where have we heard THAT before?

Thats exactly what George W. Bush said when he took office!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

24 Mar 2016, 8:04 pm

I had a long post typed out by this broken website ate it and I am not writing it again. Trump's foreign policy is much preferable to Hillary or Cruz. This is something he has long been consistent on, he avoids getting called an isolationist because he frames it as they have to pay us this or if we do this then we'll take XYZ. That's a non-interventionist foreign policy, someone like that isn't going to invade other countries to "make them safe for democracy". Trump is a builder, he's an infrastructure guy, he doesn't want to destroy and waste money with no benefit. He's the most qualified, most competent person to be president running.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 8:11 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I had a long post typed out by this broken website ate it and I am not writing it again. Trump's foreign policy is much preferable to Hillary or Cruz. This is something he has long been consistent on, he avoids getting called an isolationist because he frames it as they have to pay us this or if we do this then we'll take XYZ. That's a non-interventionist foreign policy, someone like that isn't going to invade other countries to "make them safe for democracy". Trump is a builder, he's an infrastructure guy, he doesn't want to destroy and waste money with no benefit. He's the most qualified, most competent person to be president running.

There's no benefit to a 20 billion dollar wall that wouldn't even fulfill it's primary function.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 8:16 pm

AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

There's no benefit to a 20 billion dollar wall that wouldn't even fulfill it's primary function.

That's probably a slightly low estimate based on what the Rump stated as to it's parameters. You are also forgetting the cost to maintain it, which adds considerably to it's cost. That doesn't even count the costs to man it 24/7/365...

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 9:39 pm

My family supports Trump but i dont, hes a racist a sexist a homophobe and an abilist not to mention a sexist, I got a tesxt from my dad who supports him that hes hurting poll wise so I can feel at ease!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 9:49 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
My family supports Trump but i dont, hes a racist a sexist a homophobe and an abilist not to mention a sexist, I got a tesxt from my dad who supports him that hes hurting poll wise so I can feel at ease!

wishful thinking

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 10:14 pm

AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Why wouldn't it fulfill it's purpose? For first time in history people can move thru walls? Is it not working in Hungary riht now? You need to understand that there literal paramilitary platoons of heavily armed drug cartels that control drug trafficking corridors in the very state I live in, in the mountains behind my parents house it is not safe to go in because it is one of these known corridors. They roll with look outs and spotters and use very sophisticated equipment so generally you don't run into them but if you do...

How would you secure our border? What is your plan?

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 10:25 pm

Jacoby wrote:
AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Why wouldn't it fulfill it's purpose? For first time in history people can move thru walls? Is it not working in Hungary riht now? You need to understand that there literal paramilitary platoons of heavily armed drug cartels that control drug trafficking corridors in the very state I live in, in the mountains behind my parents house it is not safe to go in because it is one of these known corridors. They roll with look outs and spotters and use very sophisticated equipment so generally you don't run into them but if you do...

The cost is unsustainable. If the Berlin Wall didn't work then I don't see how one here would work. People can go over wall and around them. There is also nowhere near enough public support to get that to happen anyway.

A couple ways to prevent undocumented immigrants is by going after companies that hire undocumented workers. Improve the system so that people can get through in a quicker and easier access to the US. These things will lower the motivation to enter illegally. Oh and stop the drug war.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 10:32 pm

Jacoby wrote:

Your favorite plan can be defeated by a ladder and a rope. I would legalize all drugs to undermine the cartels.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 10:39 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

The cost is unsustainable. If the Berlin Wall didn't work then I don't see how one here would work. People can go over wall and around them. There is also nowhere near enough public support to get that to happen anyway.

A couple ways to prevent undocumented immigrants is by going after companies that hire undocumented workers. Improve the system so that people can get through in a quicker and easier access to the US. These things will lower the motivation to enter illegally. Oh and stop the drug war.

I am pretty sure the Berlin Wall did work in stopping the movement of people from east to west Berlin, I don't think we're going to have to shooting people trying to escape and once there is a wall it's built and it send message to potential migrants that our border is closed so they won't come. Amnesty and welfare will just bring 10s of millions more, it has to end. Mexico needs to take care of its own people, it's not a poor country and the reason it is the way it is is because of rampant corruption and inequality. Mexico has tremendous natural resources, it has one of the great unique cultures of the world, I think Mexican culture does a lot of things better than my own people so it's not a prejudice but it is economic and cultural calculation of our own. Trump ideas aren't even as extreme as the one's Mexico has on it's books for the same things, they're such hypocrites and that's because it behooves them that their unwanted underclass leave the country the same way it did Cuba when they unloaded their unwanted peoples on our shores. We're not the ones being callous or cruel here but rather the leaders and those at the top of these Latin American societies.

You can't go after companies that break the law, you make it so it is impossible to break the law since they're going to do it regardless of how much we talk about going after these businesses. Turn off the spigot and these businesses will be forced to raise wages and hire Americans. This is their tool, they have achieved regulatory capture and we have to take these toys away to really punish them. Why do you think Big Business is fighting so hard against this? They want to keep ripping us off and depress our wages forever in a permanent crunch until we really are a society of the 99% and the 1%. Just like Latin America.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 10:43 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Yeah, as for the wall Trump proposes, it should be noted that Texas built their own wall a decade ago and it didn't work at all. There are practical physics involved that make the fence impossible to implement. First and foremost, half of our border is the Rio Grande, which is a river-- building a giant wall on a river is expensive and foolhardy, since it will never truly be completed, merely in a state of constant repair.
Another issue involved is the fact that the government owns no land on the border, virtually all of it is in private hands. Trump is a moron if he thinks he can claim imminent domain on literally tens of thousands of people's property without an internal fight in this country over it-- especially in conservative states like Texas and Arizona.
Of course that's not to mention that his initial estimate was 4 billion, then 6 billion, up to 10 billion, down to 8 billion, now all the way up to 12 billion. He doesn't have a f'ing clue how much it will cost since he hasn't actually researched building it, because he has no intention of actually doing it, because it's just red meat for the masses to get a vote.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 10:53 pm

AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Your favorite plan can be defeated by a ladder and a rope. I would legalize all drugs to undermine the cartels.

If a drug lord can dig out of a prison then it's going to be a piece of cake to construct tunnels under a wall.
They could fly drones over it and drop off drugs.A wall isn't going to stop someone that's determined to get in.
People will just start boating over thru the gulf.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 10:54 pm

What about increasing border patrol or using our own armed forces? We've sent them to other places for protection when they should be right here protecting our country - especially with all the terrorism going on now. Air Force could also be used to cover more ground. From the pictures I see, we're making it too easy for them - they just walk right over the wall at night.

This is insane! I was laughing watching this, but it's not funny. There's not even any barbed wire on top. Anything would be an improvement.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 11:21 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian ... ng_Hungary

this worked they went from almost 300,000 in the 3 months months immediately before down to to about 1,100 the next 3 after it was completed.

It has been so effective that migrant numbers are actually below what it was from before this crisis began

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 12:07 am

It seems like Ted Cruz might have an emerging sex scandal, if you believe the National Enquirer which has broken these stories before, with '5 secret mistresses'. They were right about John Edwards. Perhaps being a philander is why Heidi Cruz wandered some miles from her house to sit aside the expressway with her head hands crying to the point that a cop thought she was a danger to herself, the report is heavily redacted so we can only assume. Something to think about, Ted should learn not to play with fire.