Multiculturalism Does Work: A Better World Is Possible

Page 7 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:01 am

Multiculturalism is different from allowing immigration. I'm totally pro-immigration. But I think it's to the benefit of European countries that they expect immigrants to learn their languages and respect the ethics of the country they are moving to.

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2012, 3:38 am

its clear to me that apart from one or two people on this thread, the rest just havent got a clue. You can spout figures and theories all day and it wont make a difference. the fact is BRITAIN IS OVERCROWDED. saying britain needs more immigrants is like saying the worlds fattest man needs more burgers..

i dont think ive ever heard such denial of truth in my entire life.

maybe if some of you canadians came to london for a few days you would soon see how bad it is.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 7:47 am

TheDarkMage wrote:
its clear to me that apart from one or two people on this thread, the rest just havent got a clue. You can spout figures and theories all day and it wont make a difference. the fact is BRITAIN IS OVERCROWDED. saying britain needs more immigrants is like saying the worlds fattest man needs more burgers..

Is Britain producing or importing enough food to feed its population? If so, it is not over crowded. The average population density of Britain is much lower than downtown Mumbai India.

ruveyn

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2012, 9:40 am

ruveyn wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:

The average population density of Britain is much lower than downtown Mumbai India.

ruveyn

oh well then - thats okay isnt it? :roll: :roll:

all these things people are coming up with are just arguments for the sake of arguing and not for the R E A L I T Y

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 9:56 am

TheDarkMage wrote:
its clear to me that apart from one or two people on this thread, the rest just havent got a clue. You can spout figures and theories all day and it wont make a difference. the fact is BRITAIN IS OVERCROWDED

It's not really. The UK is not a particularly overcrowded country when taken as a whole, as it includes largely underpopulated Scotland and Wales. England is quite densely populated, and in fact is third behind the Netherlands and Malta in population density stakes.

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2012, 9:58 am

scotland and wales consists of a lot of pristine country. should we bulldoze it to allow more people?

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 10:06 am

Tequila wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:
its clear to me that apart from one or two people on this thread, the rest just havent got a clue. You can spout figures and theories all day and it wont make a difference. the fact is BRITAIN IS OVERCROWDED

It's not really. The UK is not a particularly overcrowded country when taken as a whole, as it includes largely underpopulated Scotland and Wales. England is quite densely populated, and in fact is third behind the Netherlands and Malta in population density stakes.

in the EU maybe,

in the world brittain is quite far down the list of population densities.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 10:06 am

TheDarkMage wrote:
should we bulldoze it to allow more people?

You don't have to bulldoze large tracts of land to provide services. There's still plenty of space for people - hell, if places like Hong Kong and Singapore can manage it...

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 10:38 am

TheDarkMage wrote:

i dont think ive ever heard such denial of truth in my entire life.

maybe if some of you canadians came to london for a few days you would soon see how bad it is.

And there's your critical mistake.

London =/= Britain.

London is overcrowded in the same way that successful cities the world over are crowded. Economic growth happens faster than new infrastructure can be built. London is crowded. New York is crowded. Beijing is crowded. Vancouver is crowded. People migrate from where the jobs aren't to where the jobs are. And when your economy moves from being a manufacturing economy to being a service enconomy, those jobs get increasingly focussed in ever larger centres.

But service economies cannot function without services to provide and customers to buy them--and that means economic growth. The two engines for economic growth are: efficiency and population growth.

From a fiscal policy perspective, it is axiomatic: a country with an aging population, and a fertility rate below replacement must import the new labour that it is not producing through native births. Any other conclusion is economic folly.

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2012, 11:30 am

okay have it your way people - but dont say i didnt warn you. i am right and sooner or later you WILL see the outcome.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:29 pm

TheDarkMage wrote:
okay have it your way people - but dont say i didnt warn you. i am right and sooner or later you WILL see the outcome.

and this post accomplishes what excactly?

that attitude is probably a bigger part of this problem than youwould care to admit, of course muslims wont treat you with respect if you start screaming bloody insults before having even met them, same goes for the fundies in the other camp.

you can change youraself, we rarely change others.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:33 pm

Oodain wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:

and this post accomplishes what excactly?

that attitude is probably a bigger part of this problem than youwould care to admit, of course muslims wont treat you with respect if you start screaming bloody insults before having even met them, same goes for the fundies in the other camp.

you can change youraself, we rarely change others.

I have muslim friends to say that because a person is a muslim that it makes them a bad person is a fallacy.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:35 pm

Joker wrote:

I have muslim friends to say that because a person is a muslim that it makes them a bad person is a fallacy.

excactly

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

TheDarkMage wrote:

"nah nah nah nah nah you're all wrong and I'm right"

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2012, 1:03 pm

you know guys, some of the greatest people who ever lived were mocked and laughed at when they stood by what was right and nobody else would.

you can mock and jeer all you like.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 1:04 pm

TheDarkMage wrote:
you know guys, some of the greatest people who ever lived were mocked and laughed at when they stood by what was right and nobody else would.

you can mock and jeer all you like.

Some of the worst people that ever lived stood by what they believed in even in the face of massive opposition as well. Doesn't mean anything other than that people can be stubborn