Page 7 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

TM
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 12:16 pm

blunnet wrote:
Declension wrote:
and (b) modern racial realists do not say that whites are the most intelligent. They say that East Asians and Jews are more intelligent than whites.

And what would make asians and jews "more intelligent"? Their physical difference? It's funny how some people make that simplistic and flawed relation, likely they are not that intelligent.

I'd put money on the fact that over a period of X thousand years a society has valued different things. Among Ashkenazi Jews as it was explained earlier, there were 2 things that gave high status in the community, being a Torah and Talmud scholar or being a good business man. This lead to the children of Torah and Tamud Scholars marrying the children of good business men, both professions that favor those with high intelligence. As a successful scholar or business man was better off and more likely to raise more children to maturity, this means that over time the genes of these people were selectively bred over time. This is if you accept that intelligence has a genetic component.

Think about "talent" if you believe that someone can have talent in a field you believe that biology plays a part. If there is no biological component involved that makes a guy like Stephen Hawking have an IQ in excess of 160, that makes some people able to remember better than average or someone run faster than average, then everyone should be able to calculate what Stephen Hawking does, remember PI to the Xth decimal and run a 100m sprint as fast as Usain Bolt with enough practice.

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Apr 2012, 1:13 pm

Vigilans wrote:
DuneyBlues wrote:
Well because stating everytime I will respond on the first post of the thread is just tedious.

It seems to make sense to me that when asserting something, the evidence/hypothesis/etc is given at the beginning..

DuneyBlues wrote:
I'm thinking this is a pretty hasty generalization since you don't even cite your sample your referring to.

You mean my personal experiences arguing either here in PPR since 2008, with dozens of users who say the exact same things as you have here (usually less politely)? Or simply reading and observing the practices and "methodology" of racial realists? Furthermore, just looking at who exactly the most outspoken of them are?

I also did not find the references you gave particularly convincing since they went over a few things known to be different but still make the assertion that there is a big difference without really providing for that

Lolz

( response 1 ) Hey Vigilians , be sure to include "the evidence/hypothesis/etc is given at the beginning" before someone responds to you.

( response 2 ) I don't care because your just appealing to authority.

( response 3 ) What in particular did you find not particularly convincing? Also your what I'm seeing here is if A is true because "it is known to be different" then B is not true because "the big difference isn't justified". Therefore A is not true because "the argument ( which includes the premises ) is not convincing". This does not follow from the set of premises because if A is true but B is false , why judge the whole argument to be wrong? Also consider this: A or B , I know A is true but I don't know if B is true therefore A is not B. Also known as affirming the disjunct.

'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

CloudLayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Apr 2012, 1:15 pm

As it was said in the feminism thread: if people have "natural roles" along racial lines, then why are you taking such pains to enforce them? You wouldn't think "natural roles" would need enforcing.

This thread is full of sickeningly ignorant and bigoted rhetoric and I'm done with it. I recommend you look up some websites on race and inequality and start educating yourself on the problem that is racism.

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Apr 2012, 1:17 pm

Aww don't go , I was going to point out your flaws in your argument.

'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

15 Apr 2012, 1:23 pm

DuneyBlues - resorting to jibes and snarky comments is enough indication for me that you've not only run out of arguments, but you've run out of patience too - which is an opportune time to lock this thread before it descends even lower.