Page 63 of 82 [ 1307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 82  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2016, 12:46 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
I'm putting this question out there because I've ran into this in both autism forums and I still don't understand.
And nobody start calling me names because I really want to know.

What is the big thing about vaccines and autism in one sentence that gets all of you with autism so upset?

The fact that vaccines don't cause autism.
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html

Howdy, Misslizard. Thank you for that info. Is there any information that AS could be caused by chemicals sprayed on vegetation? That had been discussed on the other forum.

What I'm wondering is whether vaccines are causing Alzheimer's even though they say there is no proof. The thing is they don't know what really causes Alzheimer's. Both Autism (and I mean younger children who have bad autism) and Alzheimer's are pretty similar in their symptoms. I was just reading that Alzheimer's can strike even in the 30's which I only thought it was an elderly disease. Something has to be the cause.

My Ma has a rare blood disease and they think it's linked to Roundup insecticide.

http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/dr-oz- ... flu-shots/

I'll be back about the above article , my batteries going dead.

It did mention aluminum,not sure if it's accurate, but I've heard it's linked to Alzheimer's.Lots of older people used aluminum cookware for years,supposedly acidic food really absorbs it.So the longer the spaghetti sauce sat in the pot,the more aluminum people consumed.Teflon can be dangerous if it overheats or is scratched.The fumes can kill pet birds,not something I want to cook with.
I would guess that most of the older Alzheimer patients never got vaccinations,maybe flu shots.
Roundup is nasty stuff,I think France has banned it.I've always suspected the rise in certain illnesses was due to chemical exposure,asbestos,heavy metals,preservatives and things like that.I try to avoid as much of it as I can.
We are exposing ourselves to so many different substances,who knows how it will effect us as we age.
Take MSG,it's in many food products,if I eat it then I can expect the IBS to flare up big time.

So what is your theory about what might cause Autism?

I think they made a mistake by putting Autism and HFA together because they are not alike. My neighbor's daughter has a 3 yrs old that has autism and he is in his own world and will never be able to fully function.

I'm for vaccines to a point, but in the old days when they first came out with them it was mainly done by natural immunity. Now these vaccines contain so many chemicals. They say they have a mercury-free vaccine for pregnant women - why? They must think that mercury can do something. I actually fought the hospital I worked at to not get the flu vaccine every year, but now it's forced on us or we will lose our jobs.

Now they don't even test us for TB like they used to every 2 yrs. We only get tested if there ends up being a patient that has TB and by then it's too late. That's why there are TB strains now that antibiotics can't touch.

I remember reading somewhere and I can't find it now, about vaccines containing a chemical that makes the vaccine multiply so they only have to use a small dose on everyone. This chemical is in several vaccines and after having received several doses the chemical makes the person's immune system start to slowly attack the person's organs and causes damage that way. I forgot the name of the chemical.

Both pharmacists that I used to work with believed in natural immunity and so do I. However, I think that children should receive some vaccines because there are diseases that are coming back now because kids aren't being vaccinated. I don't have kids, but don't they get something like 60 vaccines now?

my thoughts are is that they are better at diagnosing autism now.I wasn't diagnosed as a child becuse I was verbal,but I had all the other signs,sensory issues,stimming,etc.I think it's genetic,an elderly realatve who never received vaccines is autistic.He has echolalia and has never been able to drive.
My kids are both adults now so they didn't get any of the new vaccines out there.Just the standard baby shots.My son is not diagnosed but had learning disabilities,some sensory issues as a child.My daughter has none of those.
I've never gotten a flu shot,I haven't had the flu in 15 years.Maybe just a good immune system and I use hand sanitizer like crazy during flu season.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 2:17 am

Hi cyberdad.

I've been informed by an anonymous moderator that my comment about my automatic physical reaction to a comment of yours was inappropriate and could be construed as an attack upon you rather than the subject being discussed by you.

Please believe me when I say this was never my intent. In my deliberations (and there were many) before I submitted the offending post I never once thought what I was saying would be construed as an attack against a person (I don't do that) although I can see now how my comment could be easily misconstrued.

And thank you to the anonymous moderator for the insight....I see I may be more blunt and graphic than some appreciate (time for a change?).

mia culpa

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 2:56 am

ZenDen wrote:
Hi cyberdad.

I've been informed by an anonymous moderator that my comment about my automatic physical reaction to a comment of yours was inappropriate and could be construed as an attack upon you rather than the subject being discussed by you.

Please believe me when I say this was never my intent. In my deliberations (and there were many) before I submitted the offending post I never once thought what I was saying would be construed as an attack against a person (I don't do that) although I can see now how my comment could be easily misconstrued.

Ahhh don't worry about it. We Aussies are pretty thick skinned ;)

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 9:42 am

ZenDen, be aware there is at least one person here who is thin skinned who turns people in to the Mods whenever they feel one is 'attacking' someone. It doesn't matter what your intent is. It is ironic because we as autistics use language differently than others and our words can come across differently than we mean. I would never turn in anybody. I would PM the 'offender' and discuss it first. Even then, I wouldn't turn someone in unless there was a real physical threat. None of us is perfect and we all can cross the line occasionally, but we should resolve our own issues before running to the Mods. Why anyone doesn't do this is beyond me as we should at the end of the day have each others back as we all have autism in a sometimes uncaring world...

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 10:13 am

[moderating]
Address the issue, not the person and you won't have a problem, regardless of who reports what.

Try:
"What you said about the benefits of colonialism makes me feel like vomiting"
Vs.
"You make me want to vomit"

Try:
"That viewpoint has no basis in reality."
Vs.
"You are delusional"

Try:
"Redirecting to another subject doesn't change the truth of this point"
Vs.
"You're changing the subject, as you always do."

If you stay on the topic and avoid shifting the focus to the other posters, there will be no issue of personalizing the discussion for moderation.

Please continue to use this thread to discuss the Trump Candidacy.
To discuss other issues, such as moderation and rules, please start or join a topic in the Administration forum.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Mar 2016, 12:08 pm

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 12:20 pm

irene wrote:
My reason for posting this is I am just interested in your comments concerning Mr. Trump's interest in being the occupant of the Oval Office in the White House.

So what do you think? Can he do the job or not? :?:

Don't know how well he'll do the job...but hey...

He is literally the only hope for america...seriously.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 12:48 pm

jkrane wrote:
irene wrote:
My reason for posting this is I am just interested in your comments concerning Mr. Trump's interest in being the occupant of the Oval Office in the White House.

So what do you think? Can he do the job or not? :?:

Don't know how well he'll do the job...but hey...

He is literally the only hope for america...seriously.

If that's what you believe it's what you believe, because you want to believe it; my belief is that he isn't the only hope for America, he isn't even a hope for America, driven by ego, it's not about the people who are going to vote for him, it's all about him. There was a billboard put up by an Anglican church here over Easter, which depicted Trump doing his characteristic finger pointing at Christ on the cross, sneering "I don't like losers".

He may soon be one, and he will typically blame everyone but himself. This is a man who never takes and has never taken responsibility for his many failures and personal failings - and if you think that represents America's only hope, and he is elected by the people who have swallowed his circus act, then America no longer has any hope, there will only be dissent, division and descent into political chaos, and even America's traditional allies will refuse to have any dialogue or cooperation with a man who is transparently a bully, drunk on the idea of his own unlimited power, and has many characteristics typical of a serious personality disorder. He doesn't care about the poor - he never has and he never will; His past behaviours to poor people speak far more loudly than any of his calculating spiel now. Try reviewing what he "did for" (in actuality did to) Scots during the golf club fiasco. Trump's past is a grubby past, which reveals his character far more clearly than words he speaks now will ever do.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Mar 2016, 1:33 pm

Indeed!

The US has a very poor choice between him and Hillary, whose chequered past includes her close links to Kissinger.

The egomaniac bully on one side and the limo liberal on the other!

I wish people in more states would vote Sanders in the primaries because despite his age he has a comparitively clean past and he cares for the less privileged in society.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Last edited by envirozentinel on 28 Mar 2016, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.: spelling typo

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 1:48 pm

Birds approve of Bernie.I can't image one landing near Trump or Hill.
I hope a pidgeon poops on Trump's head. :twisted:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /82289730/

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 1:54 pm

B19 wrote:
Try reviewing what he "did for" (in actuality did to) Scots during the golf club fiasco.

One thing I did find hilarious was when he tried to stop wind turbines being built. Now, I agree with him, they are ugly things that spoil the environment, but I think he was a bit hypocritical with that one.

I'd still vote for him though.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 2:54 pm

the only good thing I can think about him, is that he is a RINO [more a centrist libertarian] and that he is better than cruz the ooze who btw is looking more evil by the day. :eew:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Mar 2016, 3:01 pm

Thee other shoe may be about to drop for Hillary with this email scandal, Bill and Chelsea goin' off on Obama's 'disastrous last 8 years' might be a forewarning of this. If Hillary is indicted, I'm not sure she will drop out right away, it would be complete chaos. The Democrats might try to roll the dice with Sanders, he has the 2nd most delegates and is in good position to win more down the stretch but he certainly isn't the Dem mainstream pick but maybe the only candidate they can run that can try to separate himself from Clinton fallout. Joe Biden could be jump in, he'd no doubt be leading Hillary had he ran.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 3:49 pm

B19 wrote:
there will only be dissent, division and descent into political chaos

This is already underway and has been going on a long time caused by the forces unleashed by what caused by the Trump phenomenon, and phenomenon itself. A Trump loss will change the look of it but not the decline. You can not releash these forces. There is hope in that America has survived at lot worse including a civil war that killed 600,000+. But the past is no guarentee of the future and all good things end.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 6:22 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the only good thing I can think about him, is that he is a RINO [more a centrist libertarian] and that he is better than cruz the ooze who btw is looking more evil by the day. :eew:

The Donald is a Republican, as it was in my Goldwater Youth Days. We did not leave the Party, it left us.

Goldwater came from business, a department store before malls.

He was called all sorts of things because he said of Viet Nam, Nuke them, or get out.

A lot of us saw absolutely no reason for a war in Viet Nam.

Contain China? China has never fought more than a border war. Protect French Honor? An old whore claiming to be Virgin?

Manufacturing and using more bombs than all sides dropped in WWII? We have a winner! The Military Industrial Complex.

We were the Party of Ike. And as he said in his farewell address, Banks, Military Manufacturing, Congress related, and the Military, see war as a business, and they wallow in the treasure and blood of the American People.

Every Aircraft Carrier is thousands of schools that were not built, hundreds of thousands of teachers who were not trained and hired.

We can win any war without starting every war.

Iraq, Libya, cost us the money we would have spent on school, roads, bridges, and it cost us the money we went into debt. We still need schools, roads, bridges, and they are much farther away.

There is a reason why people who have been alienated by Party Politics are now flooding out and voting. We remember what it used to be like. We remember when the Supreme Force in the Land was, The People.

Cruz is not looking more evil every day, that is impossible, total evil does not get worse, it just is.

Everyone we hate is against Trump, with The People it looks like he will have a majority of the popular vote.

By the Constitution The People reserve the Right to replace the government with something more to their liking.

All that takes is a simple majority. We could elect Trump a Constitutional Monarch.

We could elect Trump as Dictator, set aside the Constitution, and give him ten years to restore the Republic.

Both the Greeks and Romans got stuck in gridlocked corruption, and had to elect a Dictator. It worked.

The American People have awoken to the evil that has taken over. They have also seen the light of what we could be. We want that future.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 7:09 pm

So, you want a dictator...