Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 11:31 pm

I want to look at another aspect of George Zimmerman and the accident. What if George Zimmerman was found guilty? If he was found guilty then he wouldn't have been there at the scene of the accident. Let's say he wasn't there. Could it have been possible that at least one of the passengers could've died because of his lack of presence? What if a decade from now this passenger goes on to save future lives?

Sometimes things that turn out bad may end up turning into good. I think this is something to think about.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 7:11 am

Don't you know logic and reason has nothing to do with the George Zimmerman topic?

:lol:

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 7:58 am

You're right, of course. But it's a pointless thing to be right about. The whole thing about chaos is that you can't predict it, so it's useless to use it as a reason to do anything.

Here's another fun story. Maybe if you suddenly had a heart attack and died, in five years time you wouldn't sit next to a certain girl on a bus, which would result in a potential terrorist sitting next to the girl instead, starting a relationship with the girl, changing his ways, and therefore never killing thousands of people in a bombing. So I guess we should all hope that you have a heart attack and die! :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 8:14 am

Second-guessing real-world events is the beginning of every conspiracy theory.

Don't go there.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 10:13 am

Fnord wrote:

Don't go there.

Fnord, how are you able to do what you do? You are able to see the simplicity behind things and just see the rules as just is. I am an INTP personality type and I don't just see facts but many interpretations to the facts. I see many possibilities and what if possibilities. How are you able to just say x is y?

As much as we have had our disagreements and I've bombarded you with my questions I am fascinated at how you think. You are an enigma to me. How are you able to just do and just to accept various things?

This way of thinking you have has enabled you to be successful in the workplace. This is so fascinating to me. How do you do it? What is your underlying secret?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 10:15 am

Declension wrote:
You're right, of course. But it's a pointless thing to be right about. The whole thing about chaos is that you can't predict it, so it's useless to use it as a reason to do anything.

Here's another fun story. Maybe if you suddenly had a heart attack and died, in five years time you wouldn't sit next to a certain girl on a bus, which would result in a potential terrorist sitting next to the girl instead, starting a relationship with the girl, changing his ways, and therefore never killing thousands of people in a bombing. So I guess we should all hope that you have a heart attack and die! :lol:

Declension, I don't know why I think in this way. I just simply do. It causes me problems sometimes. I think it part of it is my personality type and my version of autism emphasizes it a lot especially the N part of my INTP.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 10:48 am

What if a person saved from that wreck goes on to help someone from Martin's family? 8O

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 10:53 am

:roll:
Death by Zimmerman threads.......

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 10:55 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Don't go there.

Fnord, how are you able to do what you do? You are able to see the simplicity behind things and just see the rules as just is. I am an INTP personality type and I don't just see facts but many interpretations to the facts. I see many possibilities and what if possibilities. How are you able to just say x is y?

As much as we have had our disagreements and I've bombarded you with my questions I am fascinated at how you think. You are an enigma to me. How are you able to just do and just to accept various things?

This way of thinking you have has enabled you to be successful in the workplace. This is so fascinating to me. How do you do it? What is your underlying secret?

I think you're placing too much importance on the Myers-Briggs test.

We all generally fail at applying our critical thinking skills from time to time, regardless of what type we are.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 11:34 am

MCalavera wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Don't go there.

I think you're placing too much importance on the Myers-Briggs test.

We all generally fail at applying our critical thinking skills from time to time, regardless of what type we are.

http://www.criticalthinking.org/pages/d ... inking/766

It entails the examination of those structures or elements of thought implicit in all reasoning: purpose, problem, or question-at-issue; assumptions; concepts; empirical grounding; reasoning leading to conclusions; implications and consequences; objections from alternative viewpoints; and frame of reference.

Based upon this definition of critical thinking what part of my reasoning is faulty? What assumptions do you see that I have that are faulty? Am I working under a faulty frame of reference? He is telling me that I should not second guess real world events. Why should I not do that? By doing any type of critical thinking am I not second guessing real world events?

I am not trying to be an ass or be sarcastic. All Fnord is doing is giving me one liners that don't tell me anything. I looked at events in a big picture way and drew possibilities. To me, each event can have a ripple effect. This is known as the butterfly effect. Why are my conclusions faulty? If my critical thinking is off then why is it off?

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 1:24 pm

I said nothing about your lack of critical thinking skills in this specific case. I'm just saying, based on how you place so much importance on the results of that test (this isn't the first time you point out the differences in ways of thinking between you and Fnord based on that test), that it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. And I'm guessing difference in critical thinking skills is what you were referring to here between you and him. But maybe I was wrong.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 2:49 pm

MCalavera wrote:
I said nothing about your lack of critical thinking skills in this specific case. I'm just saying, based on how you place so much importance on the results of that test (this isn't the first time you point out the differences in ways of thinking between you and Fnord based on that test), that it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. And I'm guessing difference in critical thinking skills is what you were referring to here between you and him. But maybe I was wrong.

I will explain. It is because all I can do is conjecture some of his answers he gives. He gives one line answers that I don't follow. He doesn't explain his thought process so all I can do is come up with hypothesizes. Here is an example. I do not follow his reasoning when he gives one line answers such as this.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp5482583 ... t=#5482583

Understanding how he thinks would help me in my life. Can you explain this answer please? There is a method to my madness.

When I post on here how do I come across to you?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 3:00 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
When I post on here how do I come across to you?

As a guy bizarrely fixated on Fnord...

- Rick Sanchez

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 3:01 pm

Why does it seem that you are obsessed with me?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 3:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
Why does it seem that you are obsessed with me?

My apologies. I shall never bother you again.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm

I don't believe in synchronicity. I believe in s**t happens.