Page 1 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 3:01 pm

Jews to die from terrorism in Israel this week: 3

Jews to die from terrorism in the west this week: 0

Explain to me again how Israel is protecting Jews?

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 9:14 pm

And say the jews left that part of the world to the primitive folk, would the primitive folk be ever less primitive now that the Jews are off making some other part of the world: Heaven on Earth? No, so removing the Jews is not the answer to those intolerant folk they reside with.

And more Jews die in Europe from anti-semitism then do in Israel. To attack an Israeli in Israel by one of the surrounding neighbors could lead to a war that most often the initiators cannot afford to wage or sustain. To attack a Jew in France means a light sentence.

The best place on earth for the Jew is the United States. If the arabs would bless the Jews, Jews would reside in Baghdad, Mecca, Cairo, and Damascus in even greater numbers, and the middle east would return to some sense of glory that hasn't been felt since the height of the Ottoman empire. It would be a blossoming innovator of culture, the arts, music, theater, its endless. And all of this violence would fall dramatically, and perhaps... even Christians would return to this de-christianized part of the world.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 3:02 am

thomas81 wrote:

Easy. If it were not for the IDF the death toll would be much higher. It might even be as high as the number of Muslims who die at the hands of other Muslims.

ruveyn

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 7:29 am

Ever since the Rachel Corrie incident, I tended to have a biased view. I don't support any religious sponsored state, let alone one that oppresses other people.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 7:35 am

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
Ever since the Rachel Corrie incident.

She was a silly, silly young woman going into what is to all intents and purposes a warzone and, in cases like that, accidents happen. She is being used by the poor Palestinians, just as she was in life. It's a sad case all round, but she really died for very little.

Oh, by the way, the Israeli courts cleared the driver as there is no way that the driver would be able to see her from the digger.

If you take that view, you will also hate the guts of both of the Palestinian regime and all the Arab countries, where basic human rights are simply unheard of, and where Christians are regularly murdered (where they still exist)? You will hate the guts of religiously inspired terrorist hate movements that want to drive the Israelis (and Jews) into the sea?

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 8:09 am

Tequila wrote:
Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
Ever since the Rachel Corrie incident.

She was a silly, silly young woman going into what is to all intents and purposes a warzone and, in cases like that, accidents happen. She is being used by the poor Palestinians, just as she was in life. It's a sad case all round, but she really died for very little.

Oh, by the way, the Israeli courts cleared the driver as there is no way that the driver would be able to see her from the digger.

If you take that view, you will also hate the guts of both of the Palestinian regime and all the Arab countries, where basic human rights are simply unheard of, and where Christians are regularly murdered (where they still exist)? You will hate the guts of religiously inspired terrorist hate movements that want to drive the Israelis (and Jews) into the sea?

I think what she was doing was courageous, and did what was morally right and how Israel reacted was inappropriate. Of course they cleared him, it's a Zionist state that to them, never does wrong.

I'm not saying Palestine is any better, however there is a disproportionate amount of oppression going on with Israel, and far more Palestinians are suffering and dying as a result, then anyone from Israel.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 8:24 am

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
Ever since the Rachel Corrie incident, I tended to have a biased view. I don't support any religious sponsored state, let alone one that oppresses other people.

Rachel Corrie was a member of The International Solidarity Movement (ISM).

At least two members of ISM have admitted to collaborating with Hamas, so I really don't put much faith in the witness statements from the ISM activists in the Rachel Corrie case.

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 8:38 am

GGPViper wrote:
Raymond_Fawkes wrote:

At least two members of ISM have admitted to collaborating with Hamas, so I really don't put much faith in the witness statements from the ISM activists in the Rachel Corrie case.

Can you provide sources?

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 9:06 am

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
Raymond_Fawkes wrote:

Can you provide sources?

Susan Barclay:
http://www.seattlepi.com/default/articl ... php#page-2

Richard David Hupper:
http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article- ... hamas.html

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 9:19 am

GGPViper wrote:
Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
Raymond_Fawkes wrote:

Can you provide sources?

Susan Barclay:
http://www.seattlepi.com/default/articl ... php#page-2

Richard David Hupper:
http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article- ... hamas.html

So somehow, two people discredit the whole organization's efforts? Let me guess - Any organization that tries to bring relief to Palestine, is somehow tied to Hamas right? I think it's a ridiculous claim and Rachel Corrie had nothing but good intentions in her heart. It's ignorant to try and justify Israels continued aggression into Palestinian land and settlements.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 9:41 am

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
So somehow, two people discredit the whole organization's efforts? Let me guess - Any organization that tries to bring relief to Palestine

What sort of relief are you thinking of? Bombs and rockets or acting as human shields for terrorists? Or food and medical care? The Israeli government often provides food and medicine and hospital treatment for Palestinian Arabs in the DTs (after disarming them, of course).

I think she was brainwashed, and her fanaticism lead to her untimely death. It's a terrible thing to happen but it could so easily have been avoided in her case by not being involved in a warzone. I don't see many of these sorts of "freedom fighters" turning up in places like Syria or Egypt for some reason.

No - what is often said is that the "Palestinians" are often their own worst enemy.

Do you know where most Palestinians actually live? It isn't in Judea and Samaria or Gaza. It's in Jordan. Do a little bit of research on how Arab countries treat "Palestinian refugees". They don't give a toss about them. They often don't resettle them (as Israel did with with Jews fleeing Muslim countries) or give them any rights. They leave them languishing in 'refugee' camps, for generation after generation. They don't give them homes, jobs, a life that they can be proud of. This is nothing to do with Israel. In fact, Palestinian refugees in Jordan have a much worse time of it than Palestinians in the Disputed Territories.

Some more information about the ISM: http://cifwatch.com/tag/international-solidarity-movement/

Nasty people - people who provide cover for Islamist terrorists, essentially. Have a read.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 9:46 am

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:

Do you know why the map got progressively smaller more Israeli from 1948 onwards? Because the surrounding Arab countries ganged up on Israel and attacked it. They lost. Twice. They still can't admit they lost, so they call it "the Catastrophe" and "the Setback" in Arab media. Not pure defeat. Israel took the Judea and Samaria and East Jerusalem in the 1967 war from Jordan (who spent the previous 20 years expelling the Jewish population, destroying synagogues and bulldozing the Jewish Quarter, as well as Gaza (run by Hamas), the Golan Heights (kept for security) and the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt (the Israelis later handed that back as a peace gesture).

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 10:00 am

Tequila wrote:
Raymond_Fawkes wrote:

Do you know why the map got progressively smaller more Israeli from 1948 onwards? Because the surrounding Arab countries ganged up on Israel and attacked it. They lost. Twice. They still can't admit they lost, so they call it "the Catastrophe" and "the Setback" in Arab media. Not pure defeat. Israel took the Judea and Samaria and East Jerusalem in the 1967 war from Jordan (who spent the previous 20 years expelling the Jewish population, destroying synagogues and bulldozing the Jewish Quarter, as well as Gaza (run by Hamas), the Golan Heights (kept for security) and the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt (the Israelis later handed that back as a peace gesture).

So you're saying, that because Germany lost WWII, they no longer have a right to exist? If not, then what makes it different compared to Palestine? At the rate it's going, Palestine won't exist in 100 years, or they'll live on reservations like the Native Americans in America do. You really can't justify it, the media distorts the average person's perception of events. I've read about cases where Israel bulldozes Palestinian homes, then forces that family to pay for it. They're blockading the Gaza strip and turning Palestine into it's own concentration camp with checkpoints everywhere and not being able to import vital things like food. This is why UN, and other organizations sends relief to them. Do you agree, or disagree that Israel responds disproportionately? and if somebody moved into your home without your permission, and slowly took over the entire home, would you act defensively, or just allow them?

Mikkel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Nov 2012, 10:10 am

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
So you're saying, that because Germany lost WWII, they no longer have a right to exist? If not, then what makes it different compared to Palestine? At the rate it's going, Palestine won't exist in 100 years, or they'll live on reservations like the Native Americans in America do. You really can't justify it, the media distorts the average person's perception of events. I've read about cases where Israel bulldozes Palestinian homes, then forces that family to pay for it. They're blockading the Gaza strip and turning Palestine into it's own concentration camp with checkpoints everywhere and not being able to import vital things like food. This is why UN, and other organizations sends relief to them. Do you agree, or disagree that Israel responds disproportionately? and if somebody moved into your home without your permission, and slowly took over the entire home, would you act defensively, or just allow them?

No and yes :wink: Israel is not without fault, but so are we of the original UN member states, we tried to settle the matter, this lead to war and we haven't fixed it yet. The world as such is responsible for it.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 10:13 am

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
So somehow, two people discredit the whole organization's efforts? Let me guess - Any organization that tries to bring relief to Palestine, is somehow tied to Hamas right? I think it's a ridiculous claim and Rachel Corrie had nothing but good intentions in her heart.

Straw Man.

You asked for sources. I provided sources.

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:

That figure contains several errors. One, it wasn't "Palestine" in 1947, it was the "British Mandate for Palestine" (and prior to that, it wasn't Palestine either, but a part of the Ottoman empire).

And two, Palestine does not "exist" as a seperate state (at least not from the perspective of the UN). If Palestine achieves UN recognition, then it is a different matter.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 10:19 am

thomas81 wrote:

If Hamas didn't violate the ceasefire again and again like a little brat who threw rocks at a stronger kid in the school yard, these jews would be alive, as would all the muslims killed recently in Gaza.

The dual state system should be abolished, high-ranking Hamas members should be jailed for life, Hamas propertyshould be burned to the ground, and some positive discrimination/affirmative action ahould be taken to give muslims equal rights in Israel.