No, I'm a member of PETA and a pinko communist 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Maybe, just so long as the trials are fair 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Let me see the results. 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 1:36 am

Recently I read an article about animal trials: http://www.peterleeson.com/Animal_Trials.pdf

And it led me to wonder whether we should reinstitute this practice. By having animal trials, we will assuredly bring to the animals of the world a greater sense of justice. And isn't that worth it?

A related question is whether we should accept an animal death penalty, or whether animal life imprisonment is more reasonable.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 2:32 am

I voted 2, but I'm not a member of PETA.

Amo

02 Dec 2012, 2:53 am

Non sum membrum PETA

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 3:10 am

Um.. What the f**k? If I understand this correctly, you're asking if you think we should put animals on trial??? What would that even accomplish, and how is an animal supposed to defend him/herself?

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 4:52 am

I'm pretty sure it's not serious.

Oberoth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 7:26 am

How could we ensure them a fair trial before their peers?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 7:38 am

Would it be a kangaroo court?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 10:12 am

Are we going to charge them with indecency when they poop or engage in sex in public?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 10:51 am

Misslizard wrote:
Are we going to charge them with indecency when they poop or engage in sex in public?

Birds crapping on my car aught to be a crime! Especially on the windscreen while driving.

... and the neighbour's cat stealing the food out of my chicken feeder. At least it doesn't try to each the chickens though!

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 12:02 pm

LKL wrote:
I voted 2, but I'm not a member of PETA.

This is false. The only way one can disapprove of this glorious idea is by being a PETA extremist. You disapprove of this idea, therefore you're a PETA extremist.

When will you realize that animal rights go hand in hand with animal responsibilities????

NAKnight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2012, 12:41 pm

Animal Trials....hmmm.

Seriously?

Best Regards,

Jake

NAKnight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2012, 12:43 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:

When will you realize that animal rights go hand in hand with animal responsibilities????

When animals start contributing to the overall success of society, maybe I might consider that. All in all, it is a animal.

Best Regards,

Jake

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 1:21 pm

NAKnight wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:

When animals start contributing to the overall success of society, maybe I might consider that. All in all, it is a animal.

Best Regards,

Jake

They provide protein with the carcasses and leather with their skins. They also look cute and keep us entertained. Human society wouldn't have got very far without domesticated animals.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 1:23 pm

puddingmouse wrote:

They provide protein with the carcasses and leather with their skins. They also look cute and keep us entertained. Human society wouldn't have got very far without domesticated animals.

Particularly dogs. Dogs made nomadic agriculture possible. Fortunately they will settle for a pat on the head.

ruveyn

NAKnight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2012, 1:32 pm

All in all, it is a animal. I've kept a few myself. I love them and cherish them but giving them "Human" rights does not provide a real solution to the problem.
If I "hurt" my tree would my "Tree" need to consult a "tree" lawyer? What would the tree claim and represent? Dogs and animals are the same way, there are horrible people in the world, no doubt and what they do to them is irresponsible. But giving animals "rights" as you would a human does not hold water.

Best Regards,

Jake

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 1:37 pm

NAKnight wrote:
But giving animals "rights" as you would a human does not hold water.

In my opinion animals have a right not be treated cruelly. In most (human) legal systems this is enshrined as a law.