M Bruzonsky: US Israel Lobby's influence almost total

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Mukherjee80
Raven
Raven

25 Feb 2013, 5:46 pm

Mark Bruzonsky was the former Washington Representative of the World Jewish Congress, and is currently the publisher of Middleeast.org. Here he tells Abby Martin of Russia Today that the Israel Lobby's influence in America with regard to Washington's dealings with the Middle East is "almost total", and explains how they rely on blackmail, intimidation and manipulation to get their way. The segment also briefly covers the Israel Lobby's influence in getting the United States into the war in Iraq.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apSkhUKw4W0[/youtube]

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 6:07 pm

Is this another Jewish anti-semite? I think so.

He references the "Jewish Lobby" in the U.S., not just the "Israel Lobby".

Mukherjee80
Raven
Raven

25 Feb 2013, 6:24 pm

Tequila wrote:
Is this another Jewish anti-semite? I think so.

Is this just more name-calling from Tequila rather than addressing the facts? I think so.

Tequila wrote:
He references the "Jewish Lobby" in the U.S., not just the "Israel Lobby".

So what? As he explains, it is not just AIPAC that is helping to drive US policy in a pro-Israel direction, it is a number of organizations, no doubt many of them openly Jewish organizations. It's not Mexican Catholics or the Hmong who are the driving force behind pro-Israel lobbying in the US, it is American Jews. To pretend that ethnicity has nothing to do with this is ridiculous. The only other influential group in the pro-Israel camp are Christian Zionists, and they play second fiddle.

I suspect if he had not used the phrase "Jewish lobby" you would have picked up on some other innocuous phrase and made a big deal about that instead.

If this was a debate about America's policy towards Ireland, would you object if someone referred to America's "Irish lobby" instead of to America's "Ireland lobby"?

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 6:31 pm

It's not just Jews, it's Israel-worshipping Darbyists also, though the main lobby groups tend to be Jewish. AIPAC, JINSA (in whose ranks were Cheney and Rumsfeld and half the Bush foreign policy cabinet, thus these were Israeli agents leading the Bush foreign policy apparatus) and so on.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 6:41 pm

Right! The Learned Elders of Zion strike once again.

ruveyn

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 8:04 pm

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

You guys have been busy. I'm surprised you even have time to post on here in between all that conspiring to rule the world. :wink:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 8:08 pm

daydreamer84 wrote:
You guys have been busy. I'm surprised you even have time to post on here in between all that conspiring to rule the world. :wink:

It can't be difficult, what with the intellectual pygmies that surround him. ;)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 8:12 pm

daydreamer84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

We Learned Elders have to take a break sometime....

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 11:42 pm

Dick Cheney was a Director of JINSA. To be in JINSA is to be an Israeli agent as it is an Israeli agency. Therefore, the Vice President of the United States was an Israeli agent. That is something that's objective reality.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 12:00 am

I find RT fans hilariously gullible, with what is a Putin endorsed state media channel, claiming to be an anti-dote the BBC or FOX News when in fact it is an analogue.

However it does always surprise me how powerful any lobby group can be.

It has always struck me that disproportional attention is given to this issue, given the demographics, I don't think it is a conspiracy so much as a general over interest that has been culturally ingrained.

I personally think we shouldn't be talking to any friend of groups officially (including Palestinian groups). We need to encourage Israel and Palestinian authorities to deal with this themselves. rather than relying on foreign envoys and mediators, which we have wrongly encouraged, and far from helping the situation has enabled and prolonged inaction.

I don't think American politicians should be out in the middle east campaigning for votes in the US. it has just got way overboard, it is time for a bit of perspective.