Page 1 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:30 pm

There's no escaping this. I expect the media to use every tool in their box to try to discourage this but they haven't the power to stop Christopher Dorner's elevation to the status of Folk Hero.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:40 pm

There are millions upon millions saying that the officers in the manhunt have been ordered to kill Dorner because he knows too much.

You cannot silence millions of voices and the LAPD is pretty much f**ked.

There will be investigations going on for years.

Civil unrest a la Rodney King? That is the million dollar question.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:45 pm

The guy has some big shot top cop cowering in terror, the LAPD act like frightened rabbits shooting people because they are afraid of their own shadow and all because of Christopher Dorner, he really has made fools of th LAPD and people just love seeing such powerful people put in their place like that. Then is the matter of the reasons for his "war"; a whistleblower subject to reprisals in the workplace, a victim of workplace terror and tyranny the likes of which millions have experienced, as well as official discriminatory policies in law enforcement, so many have experienced such with the police... so many reasons why people would root for him. There was a lot of sympathy in the "going postal" cases at workplaces, this is a "going postal" episode involving the police, involving a more obvious manifestation of power, involving a more ruthless tyranny and again the police response, such frightened rabbits...

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 9:14 pm

Despite being formerly a cop, I bet he'd not need any protective custody in prison.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 10:01 pm

xenon13 wrote:
The guy has some big shot top cop cowering in terror, the LAPD act like frightened rabbits shooting people because they are afraid of their own shadow... such frightened rabbits...

Frightened rabbits run from threats and hide in the woods. Some will even cower in a burning building, rather than face a threat that they can no longer run away from. So they die a coward's death, instead of facing the inevitability of their fates head on...

... just like Christopher Dorner.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 10:30 pm

Anyone who makes the powerful tremble like that can't help but be a folk hero. Dorner is just one person. When faced with an entire army like that, he achieves this. Amazing.

Pileo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 10:56 pm

PM wrote:
There will be investigations going on for years.

Nothing will happen. The system is too corrupt. Those with power will sweep it under the rug and those whose job is to inform us will do everything in their power to make Dorner sound like a crazy lunatic and the LAPD shining knights who have been completely reformed from their evil ways. I've already seen a reporter with CBS make such a case.

By all means, I hope I'm wrong and LA shows the LAPD a piece of their minds. While what Dorner allegedly did was wrong (allegedly because he never was tried and convicted in court), the LAPD has a waaaaay longer list of wrongs under their belts and a lot of those sins were after Rodney King.

Justice was not served today.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 11:15 pm

I've just heard on CNN that he's presumed dead, after being trapped in the burning cabin by the police.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 11:16 pm

xenon13 wrote:
Anyone who makes the powerful tremble like that can't help but be a folk hero. Dorner is just one person. When faced with an entire army like that, he achieves this. Amazing.

The only people trembling were the ones who knew they were dying - an innocent couple who had never met Dorner.

You are praising a man who had to sneak up on two people sitting in a car in order to murder them from behind; a man who then tried to steal a boat to run away and hide at sea; a man who then ran away to the mountains to hide from the very same people that you claim were trembling in fear.

Dorner was a coward and a cold-blooded murderer. Now he is dead.

He got what he deserved.

Good riddance.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 11:18 pm

That top cop who went into hiding rather than stay at his post and do his job... he was certainly trembling. What about the cops who shot people up because they thought it was him... pathetic. Pathetic! Folk hero, people. His grave will become a pilgrimage site.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 11:26 pm

xenon13 wrote:
That top cop who went into hiding rather than stay at his post and do his job... he was certainly trembling. What about the cops who shot people up because they thought it was him... pathetic. Pathetic! Folk hero, people. His grave will become a pilgrimage site.

His grave will be in an undisclosed location - that's what happens to criminals. I'd be surprised if anyone showed up other than a third-rate cleric and a couple of gravediggers. I'd be even more surprised if his final resting place was identifiable in any way.

You are worshiping a murderer and a coward who is now dead.

Either that, or you're just trolling for attention.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 11:40 pm

Fnord wrote:
xenon13 wrote:

His grave will be in an undisclosed location - that's what happens to criminals. I'd be surprised if anyone showed up other than a third-rate cleric and a couple of gravediggers. I'd be even more surprised if his final resting place was identifiable in any way.

You are worshiping a murderer and a coward who is now dead.

Either that, or you're just trolling for attention.

Well, that shows that they're scared that his grave will be a pilgrimage site. Just as they've been scared of him every moment of this affair. What a nice picture they present the world!

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 11:42 pm

I am not trolling at all, I am just pointing out what is blatently obvious, and that is this it the type of story that will cause millions to root for him, many of them secretly, but they'll feel this way anyway. So many aspects to this story lend to this; the workplace tyranny that millions experience, the abusive police, the fact that people love to see the powerful put in their place... these are facts. Deal with them. I am reporting these facts.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 11:50 pm

As I recall, Dorner had threatened to indiscriminately kill not only LAPD officers, but also their families. Not every cop in L.A. had allegedly wronged him, and the family members certainly did not.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 11:51 pm

They would not let him be abusive, insubordinate, and disrespectful. For that, he lost his job. THAT is a fact

Instead of dealing with it like a man, he decided to kill another man's daughter. THAT is a fact

He's no folk hero - shooting an innocent woman in the back because he lost his job is a cowardly act. THAT is a fact.

I'm glad he's dead. THAT is a fact

Deal with it.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 12:09 am

When the White House spokesman justifies the murder of a minor on the grounds that he had a bad father then clearly we know where ideas of visiting vengeance on the families of wrongdoers comes straight from the top. That still doesn't change the fact that he experienced work place tyranny and instead of just drinking and using drugs as some commentator elsewhere suggested he do like most people in such a position, he decided to take revenge. In the end, work place tyranny is something to which millions can relate. To also suggest that he must have been the wrong when subject to that tyranny because he has reacted in this way is extremely convenient but I don't think must people buy it though the media will sell it aggressively. He was the subject of a reprisal for telling the truth, for not abiding by Omerta. That's an issue people have everywhere.