Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 7:44 am

Before anyone asks this isnt a UAF front or anything, but what they're doing is quite clever. If you consider yourself an opponent of bigotry and xenophobia, please give these guys a like on facebook.
http://www.edl.me/

Quote:
The English Disco Lovers (EDL) movement aims to reclaim the hated EDL acronym from The English Defence League and make it stand for something positive. Currently we are attempting to Google bomb them for the search term 'EDL', as well as accumulating more Facebook likes and Twitter followers. More recently, we have been raising money for causes that support multiculturalism and equality.

Our aims are very clear - we want to accumulate more likes than the English Defence League on Facebook as well as outranking them on Google.

Please help us to do this by following us on Twitter, liking us on Facebook, and joining us on Google+

My deviant art profile

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 11:08 am

Reminds me of that South Park episode in which the "Marlon Brando Look-a-like Association" booked a convention hall in the same hotel on the same night as the "Man Boy Love Association".

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 1:09 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Reminds me of that South Park episode in which the "Marlon Brando Look-a-like Association" booked a convention hall in the same hotel on the same night as the "Man Boy Love Association".

theres no coincidence involved here whatsoever.

My deviant art profile

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

Seems a bit childish, but if it makes them feel better then I've got no objection to it whatsoever. Let them have at it.

I doubt the real EDL care less to be honest with you. If anything, they're probably amused by it.

If only all disagreement and protest against the EDL was as peaceable as this rather than violent and aggressive, I'd have no issue.

I'd have no issue with the UAF protesting either, if they weren't receiving public money to do it and weren't violent or aggressive. (So no infiltrating UKIP meetings to shout people down.)

This is what peaceful protest is all about.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 1:58 pm

ah, like clockwork, the voice of cynicsm to pour ice cold water over the thread.

what in your view pray tell, would constitute 'non childish' effectual protest that would conform to your morals?

My deviant art profile

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 2:03 pm

thomas81 wrote:
ah, like clockwork, the voice of cynicsm to pour ice cold water over the thread.

what in your view pray tell, would constitute 'non childish' effectual protest that would conform to your morals?

I'm not being moralistic about it. If they think that this is an effective way to get their message across, then I'm happy for them and have no objections at all. I actually support the protest. I might not agree personally with its message or think it's effective (but these are views personal to me and aren't objections in any way), but I definitely am supportive of their right to protest and I have absolutely zero objection - in fact, I'm supportive - of them doing it like this.