Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 9:01 pm

...Not guilty.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 9:02 pm

Any chance Sanford will erupt into violence in the next fifteen minutes?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 9:11 pm

From what I hear on CNN, most Martin supporters seemed too stunned. The chant of :No justice, no peace," went up for a short time, but quickly died down. The reason why there had been such a violent response to the not guilty verdict for the LAPD officers who beat Rodney King was not specifically about King, but about the pent up rage mostly African Americans in LA felt toward the police, after years of fear and violence. I don't think that's an element here.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 9:14 pm

WOO HOO! This is a happy day indeed. :)

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 9:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
From what I hear on CNN, most Martin supporters seemed too stunned. The chant of :No justice, no peace," went up for a short time, but quickly died down. The reason why there had been such a violent response to the not guilty verdict for the LAPD officers who beat Rodney King was not specifically about King, but about the pent up rage mostly African Americans in LA felt toward the police, after years of fear and violence. I don't think that's an element here.

Just wait.

Mainichi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jul 2013, 9:18 pm

No riots yet, however crowd seems pissed off, shouting things like "no justice no peace" etc... They have interviewed couple of people all saying things like they wanted to see justice served. Lots of people holdings signs for support for Trayvon.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 9:21 pm

I've a feeling that "justice" will be enforced from the muzzle of a gun - perhaps several guns.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 9:24 pm

Whatever. I am just plain FREAKING nauseous how American media and society publicize everything. :x Hope everyone who was involved but the murder victim's family members choke on some Skittles and have live ticks in their hoodies. :twisted: And yes I'm aware that I would have to have actually watched it somewhat to know about it. Unless I had recently just come out of a coma it I'd still know about it. :roll:

Brony2011
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2013, 9:33 pm

I don't think anyone is happier about the "not guilty" verdict than the news media. They're eagerly awaiting race riots. Hopefully, they don't happen, and the man can live in peace, and people will let it rest.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 9:53 pm

im sure the sanford police,local sheriff and florida highway patrol are already on high alert.i bet sanford has been swarming with cops since thursday.

p.s
i predict this will be a 30 page thread that will be moved to PPR

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 10:05 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
im sure the sanford police,local sheriff and florida highway patrol are already on high alert.i bet sanford has been swarming with cops since thursday.

p.s
i predict this will be a 30 page thread that will be moved to PPR

<Sarcasm>The South and their racist ancestors have risen again. Long live the Crackers </sarcasm>

I'm quite frankly disgusted at this whole mess. I'm Caucasian, and the fact that a black boy is gunned down for walking down the street, minding his own business, by a white man who may or may not be mentally stable in a rich white neighborhood stinks to high heaven.

Last edited by Meistersinger on 13 Jul 2013, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 10:15 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Whatever. I am just plain FREAKING nauseous how American media and society publicize everything. :x Hope everyone who was involved but the murder victim's family members choke on some Skittles and have live ticks in their hoodies. :twisted: And yes I'm aware that I would have to have actually watched it somewhat to know about it. Unless I had recently just come out of a coma it I'd still know about it. :roll:

It's fine for you to sit there in the Great White North and criticize someone else, isn't it?

The ETS Scandal, F35 Fighter Jet Scandal, CFIA Scandal, Toronto Police Drug Scandal, ORNGE - Air Ambulance Scandal, Ontario power plant scandal, Rob Ford drug scandal ... need I go on?

Clean up your OWN country before you go bagging on others', eh?

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 10:19 pm

Somehow I'm not surprised about this. But I did find it very strange that the jury consisted of only 6 people...all of them women...and almost all of them white. They were just asking for trouble with that jury setup. Methinks a more diverse jury would've created a bigger deadlock I guess.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 10:26 pm

I was also surprised it's 6 people, not twelve.

ChristinaTheHobbit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jul 2013, 10:36 pm

Honestly, I am just glad this trial is over. No matter the outcome, this trial has taken its toll and sadness is felt on all sides. But the American justice system has spoken and that's it, time to move on. I do hope that people will leave both the Zimmerman and Martin families alone.

Also, I hope the media decides to get this story out of their rear ends and find something else to talk about...

AAA- The androgynous and asexual autist

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 10:40 pm

Fnord wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

It's fine for you to sit there in the Great White North and criticize someone else, isn't it?

The ETS Scandal, F35 Fighter Jet Scandal, CFIA Scandal, Toronto Police Drug Scandal, ORNGE - Air Ambulance Scandal, Ontario power plant scandal, Rob Ford drug scandal ... need I go on?

Clean up your OWN country before you go bagging on others', eh?

:thumright: :thumright: :thumright: