Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 3:00 pm

Really, what is so special about bankers? How can somone get a million pound bonus etc, for doing a bad job? :? Thats the opposite of logical. Also, if their bonuses are taken away, they'll get up to a 100% payrise instead. The taxpayers had to bail a lot of banks out for christ's sake, then they get ridiculous bonuses with our money again? The world really has gone insane.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 4:01 pm

Eventually, what is happening in Egypt will take place in the USA. I no longer perceive any way of avoiding it.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 4:02 pm

pandabear wrote:
Eventually, what is happening in Egypt will take place in the USA. I no longer perceive any way of avoiding it.

I do in the idea we actually have people in Congress whom are going to try to balance the budget.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 4:54 pm

Banks, by and large...as an institution, are evil.

If you examine every evil of the past 200+ years, you will see that it was money interests that fueled it.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 5:08 pm

Neoliberal economics is behind the events in Egypt and the same nonsense is being practiced in North America.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 5:31 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

I do in the idea we actually have people in Congress whom are going to try to balance the budget.

maybe in the short term they can but how can the economic system ever be balanced in the long term seeing as in money in circulation is literally created out of debt? Every time a loan is giving to stimulate the economy, i believe it is 9 times that amount is made available to the bank, out of thin air because of the promise that loan will be paid back and passed on through the years. if every loan has interest and corporations are about profit we can't get out of that system of making the rich richer unless we start making things more freely available.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oguCNqCE0Kc[/youtube]

We need a change in system if you ask me. Money could be good if used properly without inflation of deflation, flat taxes i believer but not sure but i still think the resource based economy route is better

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 5:35 pm

murphycop wrote:
Really, what is so special about bankers? How can somone get a million pound bonus etc, for doing a bad job? :? Thats the opposite of logical. Also, if their bonuses are taken away, they'll get up to a 100% payrise instead. The taxpayers had to bail a lot of banks out for christ's sake, then they get ridiculous bonuses with our money again? The world really has gone insane.

It is "mathematics" for the deceptive.....

Big numbers, charts and graphs about how we need to consume to keep our economies going and that big banks and corporations, take such huge bonuses for.

Bankers want infinite growth on a finite planet. Situation for disaster, which what i believe we are at the start of now.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 5:38 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

maybe in the short term they can but how can the economic system ever be balanced in the long term seeing as in money in circulation is literally created out of debt? Every time a loan is giving to stimulate the economy, i believe it is 9 times that amount is made available to the bank, out of thin air because of the promise that loan will be paid back and passed on through the years. if every loan has interest and corporations are about profit we can't get out of that system of making the rich richer unless we start making things more freely available.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oguCNqCE0Kc[/youtube]

EDIT: better explanation of our banking system. Much more to the point.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltD2pAaHdJw[/youtube]

We need a change in system if you ask me. Money could be good if used properly without inflation of deflation, flat taxes i believer but not sure but i still think the resource based economy route is better

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Jan 2011, 5:38 pm

I've messed up like 4 of my bank accounts. because as soon as someone gives me a plastic card and says theres money on it, I go hog wild! :pig:

mostely from what I gather, banks are only needed for loans. I still use cash for all of my daily living needs.

thats how i best work :pig:

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 5:49 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
murphycop wrote:

Big numbers, charts and graphs about how we need to consume to keep our economies going and that big banks and corporations, take such huge bonuses for.

Bankers want infinite growth on a finite planet. Situation for disaster, which what i believe we are at the start of now.

I'm afraid you could be right.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 5:53 pm

Keep your money in your mattress. Then you wont have to deal with the bankers any more.

ruveyn

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 6:01 pm

murphycop wrote:
PatrickNeville wrote:
murphycop wrote:

Fear is the first sign of acceptance ;) i accepted it months and months ago.

Best thing to do, in case all of our economies collapse is to stock up on essentials like dried beans, rice, nuts, seeds, water, dried fruits just in case.

Best to be prepared, because if things go badly it could happen suddenly.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 6:02 pm

murphycop wrote:

Well, the first problem is assessment of "bad job".

An outsider's perception might not really indicate anything, unless one recognizes a context. A bonus might be for loyalty, it might be for better performance than peers(who also could be doing bad), and so on and so forth. I mean, I do recognize that the bonuses that people were complaining in the US about after the Obama bailout were partially a matter of honoring a corporate agreement beforehand.

Here's the real issue with finance:
1) We don't have a really reasonable way to deal with gains and losses in our financial industry. The industry assumes that above average returns are a matter of ability(which there is research suggesting otherwise), and this kind of belief is not odd given the context, as most people in that position would believe the same thing.
2) The gains and losses are tremendous, so if you think that the best way to secure a massive gain was to make sure that the person responsible was happy, you would pay them a very large sum. This same phenomenon also occurs with law, and a number of other fields.

That being said, I think most of what the prior posters stated ends up being stupid. PatrickNeville is the lengthiest, and he's posting some idiotic conspiracy screed mostly produced to bamboozle people without the slightest conception of the system they are rejecting.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 6:12 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Keep your money in your mattress. Then you wont have to deal with the bankers any more.

ruveyn

I don't have any money to keep there :P

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 6:14 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
murphycop wrote:
PatrickNeville wrote:
murphycop wrote:

Fear is the first sign of acceptance ;) i accepted it months and months ago.

Best thing to do, in case all of our economies collapse is to stock up on essentials like dried beans, rice, nuts, seeds, water, dried fruits just in case.

Best to be prepared, because if things go badly it could happen suddenly.

Ha.

I don't think we're at that stage just yet, but you never know.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 6:15 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
That being said, I think most of what the prior posters stated ends up being stupid. PatrickNeville is the lengthiest, and he's posting some idiotic conspiracy screed mostly produced to bamboozle people without the slightest conception of the system they are rejecting.

fair enough you are entitled to think that it is stupid but that is fractional reserve banking for you. doomed to fail from the start.

what changes would you make to the banking system anyway, if you could?