Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 11:04 pm

Do you believe it?

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 11:07 pm

i believe its completely random.

How else do you explain evil, greedy and corrupt bastards in positions of power, influence and privilege?

My deviant art profile

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 11:13 pm

It just seems so weird someone does something nice for someone else, helps them out, then they get back stabbed. Where's the karma in that?

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 11:58 pm

There is no karma. The truth never has an obligation to be pleasant. A lot of people who do good things get horribly brutalized because there are a lot of very powerful people who got to where they are by being really bad.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 12:02 am

My conclusion is class division f*****g sucks and causes these sorts of problems....There is no f****ing karma, there is no great f***** spirit in the sky to protect you. All we have is ourselves and other beings of the universe, if such things can't get along than the destruction of humanity is inevitable.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 12:19 am

TheGoggles wrote:
There is no karma. The truth never has an obligation to be pleasant. A lot of people who do good things get horribly brutalized because there are a lot of very powerful people who got to where they are by being really bad.

How many people do terrible things and get away with them?
I guess no one should expect any results unless they trust the people around them. I was watching a true crime show about a woman who did something nice for someone who was down on their luck and she paid the price.

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 12:30 am

I think that the karma will make its way around eventually. Say if a person backstabs you, eventually they will need your help and you will not be there for them. I always try to be a good person and people have taken advantage of me in the past. My life isn't perfect, but overall I am in good health and usually happy. I think more often than not people who do bad get theirs eventually.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 12:37 am

Backstabbers just go from one person to the next and when they have alienated everyone, they just move to another town and start all over. It seems like they never run out of people to stab. Some people just get away with treating others badly while those who are nice to others often get abused by the ones who do the backstabbing.

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 1:36 pm

That might happen, but eventually a backstabber will pick on the wrong person, and eventually someone will get their revenge on them. I have figured out that you have to be careful who you get involved with. I have been taken advantage of several times that I feel like I better know how to avoid it. Now it feels like all of the people I am nice to and help out will do the same for me in return. Im sure there are situations where karma doesn't work the way it should, but I think it is less common.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 1:41 pm

wowiexist wrote:
That might happen, but eventually a backstabber will pick on the wrong person, and eventually someone will get their revenge on them. I have figured out that you have to be careful who you get involved with. I have been taken advantage of several times that I feel like I better know how to avoid it. Now it feels like all of the people I am nice to and help out will do the same for me in return. Im sure there are situations where karma doesn't work the way it should, but I think it is less common.

They know how to pick out people who won't get revenge. They look for the weakest people. When they do accidentally find one that gets revenge, they cry victim and make it look like they are the ones being persecuted. I know this type well. Very manipulative people and extremely difficult to get the best of.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 1:52 pm

I don't know really, I can't really think of many instances in my life where I have gone out of my way to do a good deed. I mean I've fed the homeless and gave them beer and cigarettes, and I make roll ups for the kids at work. And I went in the shop and bought some cigarettes for some boys today. But that's just normal practice.

I think sometimes people do things good in order to get a prize and then when they don't get a prize they might sulk.

I'm not too sure that I fully understand the question to be honest.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 1:56 pm

I am talking about somebody who opens their door to a stranger who has no place to go only to get murdered or robbed. That's what happened on this show. The announcer said, "no good deed goes unpunished," and I started thinking about how cold and unfair that is. When someone does a good deed, they should always be rewarded, never punished. It kinda upset me and I felt depressed.
Some people reward good deeds with evil ones, it seems.

And what's even sadder, some people will watch that show and grow cold over it. They won't want to do nice things for people or they will think it won't matter if they do, so why do it? It raises the level of cynicism.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 2:18 pm

Oh right, I understand now.

I have known people in my life who have taken advantage of the good nature of others. I think I might have even been guilty of it myself when I was younger.

I've never robbed anyone or hurt them though.

But I'm no angel.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 2:21 pm

It's not just a matter of taking advantage, more karma. When you do nice things you should get nice things. That's the idea. If you let someone stay with you, they should be nice and when they are tired of being nice. they should go find another place.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 2:38 pm

Well yeah, I think it's only right to be courteous to someone if they have done you a good deed.

American
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Do you believe it?

Not literally but, yeah, punishment accompanies good deeds way too frequently.