Behold, the love/mercy of the church!...and 800 dead babies

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

slave
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 8:06 pm

"Bodies of 800 babies, long-dead, found in septic tank at former Irish home for unwed mothers"

source:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn ... at%20Sheet (please forgive the long url)

"....the women, after paying a penance of indentured servitude for their out-of-wedlock pregnancy...."

yes, they owed the RCC a tremendous DEBT :?: :!: ....by being raped and getting pregnant

of course it was their fault and they deserved to be a slave to pay off penance.....right :?: :!:

Ahhhh, yes, the sweet loving embrace of the Church. Meaningless lives placed in the same place that they put their own SH*T ie. in the septic tank.

"....unmarried pregnant women in Ireland, where societal and religious mores stigmatized them. Without means to support themselves, women by the hundreds wound up at the Home."

they were vulnerable....helpless even.....and what do they get?.....sadism :!: :!: :!:

?Families would be afraid of neighbors finding out, because to get pregnant out of marriage was the worst thing on Earth. It was the worst crime a woman could commit, even though a lot of the time it had been because of a rape.?

"Special kinds of neglect and abuse were reserved for the Home Babies, as locals call them."

"According to Irish Central, a 1944 local health board report described the children living at the Home as ?emaciated,? ?pot-bellied,? ?fragile? and with ?flesh hanging loosely on limbs.? " :!:

And all the while the RCC church members FUNDED this with their donations.

and are still FUNDING THE RCC TO THIS DAY :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Last edited by slave on 05 Jun 2014, 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 10:09 pm

I want to see the Vatican library opened to world scholarship.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 11:18 pm

Stannis wrote:

I'd like to see the library @ Alexandria(Egypt) opened to world scholarship..........oh WAIT....that's right.....the RCC destroyed ALL 500 000 scrolls in their collection.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 6:57 am

Stannis wrote:

I want to see the Vatican city turned into the worlds largest Gay Brothel. :twisted:

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 4:45 pm

Fogman wrote:
Stannis wrote:

I want to see the Vatican city turned into the worlds largest Gay Brothel. :twisted:

It already is. They are just very exclusive in their invitations. At 47 years old, you are 35 years past the cut-off date for invitations.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 4:47 pm

That article in the original post is very disturbing.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 5:05 pm

Observe how many Xtians are explaining how these atrocities were funded by the lay community.
Note that not one WP Xtian has commented.

Listen to their defense of this insanity..........................................................crickets................................................................................crickets...........................................

Yeah I thought so.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 5:06 pm

Cash__ wrote:

Damn right it is.

RunningFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2014, 11:01 pm

slave wrote:
Cash__ wrote:

Damn right it is.

Doing evil under a false pretense not a new practice. A lot of people who murder come up with elaborate and convincing stories. It doesnt mean you can ascribe those deeds to the name of what ever they claim to do them in. I dont suppose you have the same problem with abortion clinics doing the same thing in the name of freedom from religious laws do you?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 11:18 pm

RunningFox wrote:
slave wrote:
Cash__ wrote:

Damn right it is.

Doing evil under a false pretense not a new practice. A lot of people who murder come up with elaborate and convincing stories. It doesnt mean you can ascribe those deeds to the name of what ever they claim to do them in. I dont suppose you have the same problem with abortion clinics doing the same thing in the name of freedom from religious laws do you?

abortion is not the topic of this thread

i ascribe nothing

their atrocities speak for themselves

they are the ones to claim to act in the name of God....i make no claim on their behalf

Skullbug
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jun 2014, 12:34 am

What's one more nail in the coffin for the Catholic Church?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 3:07 am

And the whole of the adult population turned its back on the suffering and murder of these children and their mothers too. That whole generation is guilty, for failure to act. But the Catholic church most of all. Self-righteous hypocrites of the lowest kind.

When I read things like this, I literally get nauseous.

Equally bad was the treatment of the British children sent to the "care" of the Catholic Brothers in Australia in the 1940s/50s/60s. They were used as slave labour, tortured and abused in the most despicable ways. Reading Margaret Humphries book on this "Oranges and Sunshine" was gruelling.

I hate what the Catholic church has done and got away with. They are as bad as Hitler was, only their targets are women and children, rather than Jews (though they hate Jews too). Now they have a poster boy pope who is trying to do a big public relations job on their image. He might succeed but the abuses of power won't end.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 4:57 am

Cash__ wrote:
Fogman wrote:
Stannis wrote:

It already is. They are just very exclusive in their invitations. At 47 years old, you are 35 years past the cut-off date for invitations.

Reminds me of a rather sick joke. What is the difference between a priest and a pimple. A pimple won't come on your face until you are at least thirteen.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 8:21 pm

slave wrote:
Observe how many Xtians are explaining how these atrocities were funded by the lay community.
Note that not one WP Xtian has commented.

Listen to their defense of this insanity..........................................................crickets................................................................................crickets...........................................

Yeah I thought so.

Well, I will comment, as I fancy my self a Xtian. This is abhorrent and inexcusable to have treated these poor women and their poor children as if they were stained and stigmatized to the point of exclusion from society. Christ welcomed so called fallen women into his flock, which goes to show you how conservative societies, such as in Ireland or the American Bible Belt, claiming to represent true Christianity are miles off the mark.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 8:25 pm

I can't eleven imagine the horror the person went thru that found the babies.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 10:13 pm

And I am sure those nuns believed the souls of the Home Babies would go straight to hell. The Church hasn't always been a place of mercy and love. Historically, it has a dark history of inquisitions and penance. Burning at stakes. Look at what happened to Joan of Arc, that was due to the Church. Creepy friars and Bishops. Hard hearted nuns.