Cubans develop a taste for American luxury goods

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2016, 1:22 am

Now this is just freakin sad. Nothing else to say. Cubans wanting the latest iTrash, expensive sneakers, handbags, etc after embargo falls:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ ... ailsignout

Eventually, if their American relatives keep saying no, they will simply find other ways. Cuba under Fidel was repressive and brutal, but at least the people kept their dignity and ingenuity. Now they will be flooded with plastic crap from China. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2016, 1:37 am

Why don't you let the Cubans decide for themselves what they should and should not buy?

Could it be that some Cubans may have been fed up with 57 years of "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" - where the "needs" part is - conveniently - defined by the Communist government?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 Jul 2016, 11:17 am

The only thing that has kept the communist regime in power so long has been the embargo especially since the Soviet money stopped flowing, American consumerism would overwhelm the island in less than 5 year I think.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2016, 6:37 pm

pezar wrote:
Now this is just freakin sad. Nothing else to say. Cubans wanting the latest iTrash, expensive sneakers, handbags, etc after embargo falls:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ ... ailsignout

Eventually, if their American relatives keep saying no, they will simply find other ways. Cuba under Fidel was repressive and brutal, but at least the people kept their dignity and ingenuity. Now they will be flooded with plastic crap from China. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

BELOW IS THE CAPTCHA CODE THAT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO POST A REPLY TO THIS THREAD.

FIX YOUR CLOUDFLARE SETTINGS!! !! !!

03AHJ_VuvQEM0fk0Z2y4GpAYRN5dsOpirnPGQPhmPBUdLTiU_oZUHMiefaExoYCsRQ1Dii366x9B_daxL2ke-wqPfc21fR6HDRR8qcvF5_e1TRDpKchmTJST7I6EOFJIHLvIiaGiBh-YNibQIq4ys6F7iPfmsyvcvpe78Of3YnQ1vv_G5-xpc_AA1_XeZDBEbCTiqGZtkoyFLzthSswRbN3maeWpQuY5NSoCSJczP2LXWqIfgIvS8riyLt6cAibZtGrhOCLGW8Glq59CDsDEKEG-ZvWnACWAhnYxE0qBbtlHbqFRKkgpE-_Cdo5J2fIJzr2tdVb3dM5jWYF08kqa2xmgmAVehNbzwxz_nlyLmI71FVXxibHW1alNxiC9wT67RUE-IcOsh8JaK1kfnEXSyNItMfM4zWToqW77kkvdI541q-bom6nHFIhE4