Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

aspietronic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2015, 5:52 am

If God created the universe why do some scientists doubt God's love for humanity? I see all the effects of God's love in the whole universe and he gave me a intellectual mind to study science and it reminds me of how much he loves me

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 5:54 am

aspietronic wrote:
If

aspietronic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2015, 6:10 am

God loves the whole universe. If science is true, then the fact that God loves us is true because we can see evidence through the physics of the universe and science is concrete proof that God has been and still is the best father that anyone can have

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 6:50 am

aspietronic wrote:
God loves the whole universe. If science is true, then the fact that God loves us is true because we can see evidence through the physics of the universe and science is concrete proof that God has been and still is the best father that anyone can have
a. There is no material evidence to suggest that God loves the universe.

b. People seek the truth through science. This search has not revealed God's love.

c. It does not follow from physical principles that God exists; much less that God is anyone's father, loving or otherwise.

You have made assumptions of immaterial concepts from unrelated physical facts.

I am asking the mods to move this thread to the PP&R forum.

aspietronic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2015, 8:11 am

I know that some scientists doubt about God's love for us, but if we read the book of revelations God and science are in harmony with one another

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 8:23 am

aspietronic wrote:
I know that some scientists doubt about God's love for us, but if we read the book of revelations God and science are in harmony with one another
If you read the "Book of the Revelation", you will have merely read a book. Any assumption beyond that is purely subjective.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 8:48 am

Moved from RD to PPR

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 9:24 am

I can ask questions like how did things in the universe just fall into place. So much goes far beyond coincidence. There is also the question of energy. What causes the strings of String Theory to continue twanging? This is all inspirational and wonderful, however my faith is not based around any of this. I cannot use science as evidence to justify what I believe.

Scientists are reasonably wanting to understand the Universe in a solid concrete kind of way. Bohm with his Implicate Order comes close to involving spirituality, but he got written off as only offering Philosophy of Science.

Anyhow, I don't doubt that God was inspiring me this morning.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 10:12 am

Now that this thread is in PP&R, there is no longer any need to support a Science-based POV in this thread.

Enjoy!

:D

slave
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 2:20 pm

aspietronic wrote:
If God created the universe why do some scientists doubt God's love for humanity? I see all the effects of God's love in the whole universe and he gave me a intellectual mind to study science and it reminds me of how much he loves me

With what do you "...see all the effects of God's love..."?
your eyes?

"If God created the universe..." You do not doubt that "God created" so why do you pretend to by using the word 'if'?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 2:27 pm

aspietronic wrote:

a priori and circular

you speak of evidence yet require none to have faith in your 'God'
your statements are therefore inconsistent

it is not a fact that 'God' loves us, it is a belief
calling it a fact is false

btw, I am not trying to dissuade you or attack you...I do not care what you believe...I am merely identifying the fallacies in your statements

Be well :D

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2015, 10:18 pm

Religion is the realm of faith. Faith is belief without evidence. Therefore, there is no way for us to prove any religion. The flip-side is that there is no way to disprove a religion. Certain statements, stories, predictions, interpretations, etc. may be provable/disprovable, but we have no means to prove or disprove a religion as a whole.
That is why I'm agnostic. It's possible that a religion may be right, but I think it less than likely.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 7:09 am

Science>God.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 8:55 am

aspietronic wrote:

Which scientists? Atheist scientists? Maybe they see our isolated world light years away from any other habitable planet, infested with disease, parasites, natural disasters, starvation, drought, war, mass murder, mental illness, predators, sharks, box jellyfish, wasps, birth defects, random asteroids, and Republicans, and figure it all doesn't square with a loving God. Not even the Bible describes a loving God, he killed everything on Earth except two mating pairs, drowned them mercilessly, even the babies.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 1:57 pm

AspE wrote:
aspietronic wrote:

Which scientists? Atheist scientists? Maybe they see our isolated world light years away from any other habitable planet, infested with disease, parasites, natural disasters, starvation, drought, war, mass murder, mental illness, predators, sharks, box jellyfish, wasps, birth defects, random asteroids, and Republicans, and figure it all doesn't square with a loving God. Not even the Bible describes a loving God, he killed everything on Earth except two mating pairs, drowned them mercilessly, even the babies.

but...but...God is LOVE! :roll:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 2:25 pm

slave wrote:
but...but...God is LOVE! :roll:

God = love

Love = blind

Stevie Wonder = blind

Ergo Stevie Wonder = God!

Q.E.D. Theism confirmed! Checkmate Atheists!